New Nurgle models

tea_wild_owl

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Surely the Putrid Blightkings on Plague drones ! Perhaps another kit, maybe characters (or pestigors :x) ...

The "Lord of Blight" in the Battletome article may be the Nurgle Harbinger repurposed, but it could be a new model too !

I think its just going to be the one currently called the Harbinger of Decay, seeing as he has a fair few severed heads.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-IE/Harbinger-Of-Decay

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

I still think it’s the mounted guy. He’s in the picture that they were talking about when they mentioned him and he’s surrounded by Blightkings who he gives the ranged attack to, and he has lots of heads on the model. I’d be happy to be wrong and get a new model though. 

Isn't the mounted guy just a harbinger of decay?

Just now, Still-young said:

Well, he is at the moment, but he may be renamed. I’m pretty sure it’s happened before (such as the generic character who used to be Vilitch the curseling). 

I will guarantee that none of the new units are renamed models, especially not a resin model.

1 minute ago, bsharitt said:

I will guarantee that none of the new units are renamed models, especially not a resin model.

Again, Curseling. New unit from a renamed resin model. There’s precedent, and he’s the focal point in the photo where they’re discussing the new guy, and it mentions his clutch of severed heads which the model has. Why would they not just show us the new model? They’re hardly being shy about reveals. 

9 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Again, Curseling. New unit from a renamed resin model. There’s precedent, and he’s the focal point in the photo where they’re discussing the new guy, and it mentions his clutch of severed heads which the model has. Why would they not just show us the new model? They’re hardly being shy about reveals. 

Well, no ; between Grand Alliance : Chaos and Battletome : Disciples of Tzeentch, the Curseling warscroll stayed the same.

(It was only renamed between the Warriors of Chaos compendium and Grand Alliance : Chaos).

In GA:C ; the old mounted Lord of Nurgle is already (re)named Harbinger of Decay, so he shouldn't be renamed in the Battletome...

2 hours ago, Sigwarus said:

Anyone else noted the placement of the nurgle tree in the picture from the battletome preview? It almost looks like the tree is placed in conjunction to the arcway. It makes me wonder if the tree is a marker for infected terrain. I might be far of but I like the idea. 

Yeah I did. At first I was sure that the tree would be some kind of scenery piece but after seing it next to the archway it appears to be way to small for that. However as a summoning beacon it might work. Though that means only daemons get to use it which leaves the Blightkings slow and legt behind as usual.

I am currently torn between doing this, or doing Kharadron Overlords.  It's a tough choice.  But there's a couple people who are doing Nurgle it seems, and none who have KO, and I feel variety is important for a gaming community so... I need to see more of the Nurgle rules.

1 minute ago, wayniac said:

I am currently torn between doing this, or doing Kharadron Overlords.  It's a tough choice.  But there's a couple people who are doing Nurgle it seems, and none who have KO, and I feel variety is important for a gaming community so... I need to see more of the Nurgle rules.

I like my Kharadon Overlords and I really like then but I'm also looking forward to doing some Nurgle. I suspect that Nurgle will end up being the stronger army between the two due to more options and just being a newer book.

12 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I like my Kharadon Overlords and I really like then but I'm also looking forward to doing some Nurgle. I suspect that Nurgle will end up being the stronger army between the two due to more options and just being a newer book.

Go for it! I don't know if it will be stronger but what Chaos remains to have as a massive advantage in Age of Sigmar is that there is tons of choice. Nurgle actually has the most followers when we check for Nurgle Keywords on Warscrolls ;)  Not only do you have acces to Slaves to Darkness and this book like 'regular BoK and DoT' but Clan Pestilens is there as an option also which really opens the doors to tons and tons of conversion options too.

E.g. the bell shown in the art, I am 99% certain we will not see a Nurgle bell in 2018 but it's so easy to just use Plagueclaw or Plague Furnace to create one for yourself. 

Same with the rumoured Pestigors. If you want something like that it's very easy to start converting and use the Plague Monks Warscroll.

4 minutes ago, Killax said:

Go for it! I don't know if it will be stronger but what Chaos remains to have as a massive advantage in Age of Sigmar is that there is tons of choice. Nurgle actually has the most followers when we check for Nurgle Keywords on Warscrolls ;)  Not only do you have acces to Slaves to Darkness and this book like 'regular BoK and DoT' but Clan Pestilens is there as an option also which really opens the doors to tons and tons of conversion options too.

E.g. the bell shown in the art, I am 99% certain we will not see a Nurgle bell in 2018 but it's so easy to just use Plagueclaw or Plague Furnace to create one for yourself. 

Same with the rumoured Pestigors. If you want something like that it's very easy to start converting and use the Plague Monks Warscroll.

If we don't get real Pesitgors, I may just do up some Bestigors all Nurgly and run them as allies. I saw a guy combines some kind of beastmen with poxwalker bits(most for the tentacles and extrahorns) to make Pestigors for Blood bowl, so I'll probably do something similar.

4 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

The "Lord of Blight" in the Battletome article may be the Nurgle Harbinger repurposed, but it could be a new model too !

Im pretty sure the Lord of Blight is the former Plague Lord. That hero is totally useless as it is but has a fine looking model. So by changing his profile into a unit booster he might see some action.

4 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Im pretty sure the Lord of Blight is the former Plague Lord. That hero is totally useless as it is but has a fine looking model. So by changing his profile into a unit booster he might see some action.

You mean the Lord of Plagues? I personally dont think he will be useless with an Artefact ;) 

1 hour ago, Greasygeek said:

Yeah I did. At first I was sure that the tree would be some kind of scenery piece but after seing it next to the archway it appears to be way to small for that. However as a summoning beacon it might work. Though that means only daemons get to use it which leaves the Blightkings slow and legt behind as usual.

The guo bell seems to specify nurgle allegiance for its movement buff, so +3inch movement for blightkings.

The bell GUO now seems like the best approach (full rules still pending ofc) if it will give a bonus to movement.  That will be VERY hard to pass up I think.  I'm already thinking of something like... the GUO, 30 Plaguebearers with the Scrivener guy (scroll guy, not the Sloppy Piper) if he buffs them, couple units of blightkings, and then add extras to taste based on what the new rules are.

Archived