New Nurgle models

tea_wild_owl

5 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Would be cool if its like an inverse of the sylvaneth woods, eg you can create a new nurgle wood OR change an existing wood into a nurgle wood. 

Maybe allow summoning into the woods (rather than teleporting), or just a load of healing buffs inside or near the woods. 

I'm thinking maybe it'll have some kind of putrid aura that heals Nurgle and hurts anything else.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Would be cool if its like an inverse of the sylvaneth woods, eg you can create a new nurgle wood OR change an existing wood into a nurgle wood. 

Maybe allow summoning into the woods (rather than teleporting), or just a load of healing buffs inside or near the woods. 

Yeah I was thinking teleport too or maybe some sort of mortal wound inflicter. I am also crossing my fingers for the plaguebearerhero to be a priest/gardener. A hero capable of infecting scenery as an alternative to blessings.

4 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

I am thinking the four Plaguebearers might be a Shadespire team. Its the right size and look for such a team I feel.

They aren’t. 2 new character models and the 2 at the back are from the existing kit. We know what the rest of the shadespire teams are because they’re in the rulebook, Skaven, Dwarves, another Stormcast and another Khorne. 

3 minutes ago, Still-young said:

They aren’t. 2 new character models and the 2 at the back are from the existing kit. We know what the rest of the shadespire teams are because they’re in the rulebook, Skaven, Dwarves, another Stormcast and another Khorne. 

You are right. I was so focused on the new, I did not notice the guys in the back were old.

So, once the hype passed, I must say... It didn't passed at all ! I can't wait for the 6 other days of Nurgle teases (as I said in the Rumor thread). It's really cool to have Nurgle news on the last seven days of 2017 ;) 

A few observations ; it's always nice to have some Rumor engines solved, but (apparently) 3 for a whole releases versus 3 for Horticulous alone (not even counting Neave...) is a bit strange. Anyway, it's not a complaint !

I love everything bar the 2 Plaguebearers Heroes (?) ; they are fine thematically (remember the Carnival of Chaos in Mordheim, especially the one with the dancing Nurgling), but the execution made them IMO too far removed from the present day Herald of Nurgle (and Horticulous) ; he will look bland next to those two...

The Beasts of Nurgle are really nice, just sad it's 1 variant/pose with different stomach / head / tentacules.

For the rest ; ALL LOVE ; especially the Great Unclean One (nice to see he is not to "crowded" with details), the Putrid Blightking on Plague Drones, and the Blight Tree (the music is STUCK IN MY HEAD). Really looking forward to the Battletome now :) 

EDIT : the GUO's head is really similar to Dorghar's Nurgle head (just like the LoC, and the BT)

5 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

These new Nurgle models are fantastic. I really like the new Beasts of Nurgle. What a technical achievement to make such complex models. Just brilliant we will soon have three of the four greater daemons in plastic!

*4 of the 5 :P

Bring on the Keeper!

16 hours ago, Killax said:

I think the tree will be a Nurgling summonning tree :)

Thats what I want. Can't wait to see what it does. 

3 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

These new Nurgle models are fantastic. I really like the new Beasts of Nurgle. What a technical achievement to make such complex models. Just brilliant we will soon have three of the four greater daemons in plastic!

Y'all need to just accept the great horned rat into your heart.

Just now, AthlorianStoners said:

It looks like one of the Plaguebearers is on a bigger base than the others. Maybe the two new models are actually heroes?

I'd say so. Think they're a bit too unique to just be there musician and standard bearer.

Damn, one of my New Year's resolutions was not to buy any new models until I'd cleared my backlog. Then again, the original Slaves to Darkness was the book that got me into Warhammer (and Chaos). This could be trickier than expected.

download.jpeg

Archived