New Nurgle models

tea_wild_owl

9 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

also, going by GW comments on the official AOS FB page, the beasts may have un updated warscrolls..

Man I really hope so. I tried fielding 4 with horticoulous at once and it was great fun. Would love to do something similar but I will not buy that many if its still 60 points at 66% higher price.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, wayniac said:

Jeeze the price on that new GUO.  Much more than I expected, i expected it to be priced the same as the Bloodthirster and Lord of Change.

GW, you stupid ******.

I'm not buying; you've overpriced yourselves out of what I consider sane again. I literally asked you in the Community Poll not to go back to your old ways and at least keep things relatively (for you) cheap. But nooooooooo.... you had to go and ****** that up too didn't you?

10 minutes ago, Cerlin said:

I went to look up the price leaks and expecting something crazy....

Seemed normal AOS prices to me with the GUO being more because he is so much plastic. Baneblade levels.

Well the beast also went up a lot BUT to be fair it appears that its warscroll has been changed and we still don’t know its exact size so it might add up after all. Man I can’t wait to get that battletome.

The GUO looks like it’s 3 sprues going by the box being thicker than Glotkin etc on the picture with all the boxes. The other Greater Daemons are 2 sprues each. So there is more plastic in the kit. Whether that justifies anything to you is obviously gonna be a personal thing. 

1 hour ago, SuperHappyTime said:

GW, you stupid ******.

I'm not buying; you've overpriced yourselves out of what I consider sane again. I literally asked you in the Community Poll not to go back to your old ways and at least keep things relatively (for you) cheap. But nooooooooo.... you had to go and ****** that up too didn't you?

I mean, even if they were going to make pricing decisions based on one random persons community feedback form, these WDs would have been printed before then so the prices would have been decided quite a while ago. 

11 minutes ago, FRoper said:

I think that white dwarfs are printed 3 months in advance, I think. don't quote me on that. so yea the prices are already decided.  apart from the blightkings on drones and beasts. I feel that everything is well priced. 

Aren't the blight kings on drones almost the same format (and even larger) as the dracothian guard box set with a comparable price? 2 large cavalry in units 2. The box has the option to build a mounted hero. 

22 hours ago, tea_wild_owl said:

so I got the new white dwarf today. some nice info in there. the tree is a scenery model used to summon daemons. furthermore, nurgle units within 7" can run and charge, near enemy models can get mortal wounds, and "infection points" are generated. nurgle units in your or your enemies territory generate infection points, too.

The Infection points can be used to summon nurgle daemon units or other trees. stronger daemons need more infection points

20171230_130555.jpg

Can they retreat and charge also? Thinking about how that might effect a certain snail lover?

6 minutes ago, Blood&skulls said:

Can somebody provide a link to the prices? 

From our friend @zamerion on DakkaDakka : 

from warhammer french froum 

- Battletome : 25€, préco le 6 

- Grand Immonde : 110 € précommande le 6 (5€ de plus que Skarbrand, 20 € de plus que le Buveur de sang et que le Duc du changement/Kairos, je trouve ça étrange) 

- Feculent Gnarlmaw : 22,5€, préco le 6  (the Blight Tree)

- Lord of Blight : 20€, préco le 6 

- Sloppity Bilepiper : 20€, préco le 13 

- Spoilpox : 20€, préco le 13 

- Beast of Nurgle : 32,5€, préco le 13 

- Pusgoyle Blightlords : 55€, préco le 13

2 minutes ago, Xelotath said:

I'm hoping the Jabberslythe gets the nurgle keyword, like Slaughterbrute and Mutalith did for Khorne and Tzeentch

Don't think that will happen due to it being initially a part of the Beasts of Chaos Army book. In that same vein, even while the Ghorgon technically was Khorne affiliated too I doubt they will bring any mark of chaos to the "Beastmen". 

11 minutes ago, Pariah-Miniatures said:

It is possible the guo is a lot bigger for the price he is. But I doubt it lol

i just want to see his size comp to glottkin

He will be about the size of ghurk glot's body (glotkin without the brothers on top and without the horns which add a lot to his overall height) 

2 hours ago, Pariah-Miniatures said:

It is possible the guo is a lot bigger for the price he is. But I doubt it lol

i just want to see his size comp to glottkin

This assumes they're both on 130mm round bases. It seems like the GUO will use quite a bit less plastic. It's bulkier around the belly, but quite a bit shorter. The GUO feels overpriced, especially considering it can make several models (and thus sell more units), whereas the Glottkin is a character model for only one system. I'm not offended by the price like some, but it is conspicuously high compared to other great daemons.

glottkin_guo.png

Archived