2k nagash list- need some advice

Mister_Marten

Hey guys, have a tournament coming up and I need some help. This is my list so far. 

Allegiance: Death
Nagash Supreme Lord Of The Undead (800)
- General
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)
Necromancer (110)
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Blades
Total: 1510 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 72

I also have couple of other units on the shelf. I am not yet familiar with the summoning and reinforcement points. Would appreciate some help/advise :P

17 hours ago, TheBlackHood157 said:

maybe some morghast (id say archai are better, but it depends on the army style your running) along with another necromancer, along with another 20 skeletons.

that brings you to exactly 2000.

it seems like a fun list, and good luck in the tournament.

Unfortunately he would need 1 more batteline unit and there's no need to run multiple Necromancers when you are using Nagash/Arkhan as they both get the ability to cast VDM anyway.

I'd suggest filling out your 2nd and 3rd battleline units as cheap as possible and saving the rest of your points for summoning.

I'll post what I now have on the shelf:

Nagash

Arkhan

Heinz the Necromancer

5x Black Knights

40x skeletons

10x skeleton archers

3x chariots (they seem to be very op, as they wont die and keep coming back :P)

1x warsphinx

1x tomb king with great weapon

10x grave guard with shields

8x skeleton horsemen

My army consists of the newer death units as well as the older tomb kings, cause I was able to get some from a friend of mine. 

Could someone explain the reinforcement points and summoning? I read that Nagash is perfect for summoning.

Summoning works like this:

-set aside points, this is your reinforcement points.

-summon anything that lets you summon it. Ie. Skeletons, grave guard, black knights.zombies, dire wolves, Morghast, and subtract their points cost from your reinforcement points. 

So if you run nagash with battle line: like I do.

nagash 800

10 skeletons

2 x 5 dire wolves

1000points

1000 reinforcement points.

-now you have 1000 points to summon everything you want. Remember that nagash can double the summon. So if you roll a 7 to summon skeletons. Nagash adds 3 to the summon roll making it a 10. That means you can summon 20 skeletons, now nagash gets to double this, so how you can plop down 40 skeletons within 18 inches of him. And within 18 only means any part of the unit has to be within, not the whole unit, so you could conga line to anywhere as long as you are 9” away from enemy. 

Hope that helps.

Archived