Malign Portents

Will Myers

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Charles said:

Really interesting story but there is obviously something they are not telling us still, as we know Nagash didn’t win. Something goes wrong, can’t wait to find out what ?

Yeah, what could go wrong with Nagash's grand plan.... ;)

Spoiler

clan_eshin_skaven_assasin_by_dust_989.jpg.5bc02be70732398f352d1dbd048b649d.jpg

1 hour ago, Charles said:

Really interesting story but there is obviously something they are not telling us still, as we know Nagash didn’t win. Something goes wrong, can’t wait to find out what ?

It's the first chapter of soul wars, I recommend you buy a white dwarf to see the first chapter or wait for the book. 

1 hour ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

I hope they publish these all into a single book. "Tales of the Malign Portents" or something. Even having read them, it'd be quite nice to have, and it is essentially an extended prologue to Soul Wars. 

I've mentioned this, as others have, several times on their facebook page. Usual 'we will pass it on' response, which is social media operator speak for- we only know what they tell us. But I'm hoping with enough people bugging them, we will see a hardback books with the stories and art from this campaign. Some of the short stories have been amazing and I'd like to read them all, it's just I dont tend to read stories on websites, I'd rather sit down with a book. I felt the MP rulebook was very nice but very light on content and a a second book would kind of make up for that and make a nice book end to the end of this era of AoS.

So that moon really was Morrslieb. And all of those strange phenomenons were Nagash's fault. And there is one lesson in this story - you should never ignore children of the Great Horned Rat. Really good ending for excellent narrative arc.

Damn, pretty good as an end to half a year of stories and lead-ups. I like how the horned rats ninjas corrup Nagash grand work. Very skaven-like, nice concepts for an upcoming  stealth army, and some what meta to the whole the Rat isn't a full Chaos god but a minor anoyance in the holy pantheon of the great four.

So and now, all to the Ecto-1, cue the theme song: "If theres something strange in the neighbourhood....."

This is almost harsher for Nagash than the last two times the skaven foiled his plans. Giving Alcadizzar the felblade and then planting bombs in the last black pyramid were both deliberate, carefully orchestrated acts. This was just teams of Eshin operatives getting inside and randomly stealing shiny things.

Good story though, particularly liked Nagash's mental checklist of insolent fools who tried to stop him.

So with the pyramid sinking into the ground, is Nagash's citadel destroyed? It also sounded like the undead wave the funky pyramid sent out raised the dead everywhere, but not necessarily under Nagash's control. Did I read that right? Finally, I think every army attacking Nagash got made (un)dead. Does that give us hope for undead of all races now?

Skaven being used as a Diabolus Ex Machina again? Yawn.

And yeah, 'the soul of every living creature for hundreds of leagues was wretched free from it's body' definitely implies those attacking the city didn't make it. Whether the Stormcast got dragged back by Sigmar or the spell was powerful enough to wretch them back into Nagash's grasp (like the Nighthaunt Jailer can) is another story.

Skaven being used as a Diabolus Ex Machina again? Yawn.

At least it was made in really funny fashion. Nagash was so arrogant bragging about outsmarting his opponents and then a little surprise happened:

Khorne - check

Nurgle - check

Tzeentch - check

Sigmar - check

Aelven gods - check

Gorkamorka - check

Great Horned Rat - che..oops!!

EDIT: I also wanted to say that being consdered upstarts is good for us, yes-yes. No one is taking us-us seriously and then inevitable happens. :) 

Archived