Malign Portents

Will Myers

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Still-young said:

Somewhere between the Spiderfang Grots and Moonclan grots, with a more fungoid aspect like this guy, would be perfect for me. 

The foresty nature of him, does give me a bit more hope that maybe they'll do some new overlapping factions. Moonclan and spider riders together would be pretty sweet.

1 minute ago, swarmofseals said:

Love the new gobbo! I think they are pushing the upper limits of detail over area in that model but it's still fantastic.

Yeah, I really like, but it's just a tad too detailed for my taste, especially since I'm going to have to paint it.

2 minutes ago, polarbear said:

The scuttler things from Silver Tower seem like a mix of the two factions too so could be something to it.

Yeah throwing the Scutlings into this new faction would really bolster them for sure. 

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

That would be my hope. Get all the mushroom eating, forest dwelling goblins together in the same army.

This has me excited haha. This new faction would have at minimum 15 Warscrolls. 

5 minutes ago, AthlorianStoners said:

My money is on Freeguild or Duardin. 

I've been thinking Freeguild when the first was revealed to be a Nighthaunt, and the Darkoath war queen kept the theme of non-mainline factions of the GA getting the nod, and this new Goblin basically cements that. I'm ready to say for sure that the Order champion will not be a Storm cast and the odd are probably still high for Freeguild, but a Dwarf is probably just as likely.

1 minute ago, Killax said:

Would you guys mind an Aelf for Order/Xmas?

My personal thoughts on likelyhood of faction is Freeguild/Any order humans -> Dispossessed -> Wanderers. I think it's definitely going to be one of the mortal races, so no Seraphon or Stormcast and probably one of the legacy factions who haven't gotten a lot of love. I do find it interesting the two of the three announced so far are from factions that got new models in Silver Tower. I wouldn't count out Devoted of Sigmar or other free humans or and elf, but that would almost be more frustrating than anything to get an elf with either no faction like the Silver Tower stuff, or one in a nearly unworkable faction, so I'd hope for Wanderers at least or maybe a dark elf.

On 12/24/2017 at 5:10 AM, Skarloc said:

New video teaser is out.. Malign Portens - The Village..

Malign Portens - The Village.JPG

2 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Btw guys how come noone has mentioned that there is a new video up on the MP page. The village..

Was mentioned yesterday and overshadowed quickly.

Thought I would reanimate this thread and the Malign Portents talk a little, before it is completely burried beneath the bulk of Nurgle hype.

No new Portent in sight, but GW decided to throw us a bone, as the Maggotkin teaser builds up Death as an rising adversary to the forces of Nurgle. I think this is the first explicit statement that the Malign Portents mean the forces of Death are mobilizing. Most of us thought as much, but still.

Also, there are some adorable illustrations of brave Deathrattle pulling down some nasty Stormcast. A welcome sight to any Death player, I am sure.

17 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Also, there are some adorable illustrations of brave Deathrattle pulling down some nasty Stormcast. A welcome sight to any Death player, I am sure.

They cut out the scene where the skeletons put on the Stormcast armor to become Deathcasts.

Archived