Malign Portents

Will Myers

2 hours ago, xking said:

This story made me think that the Knights Excelsior stormcast have the ability to since chaos corruption in an area.

I am not so sure. All Stormhosts have a particular recruitment scheeme and for the Knights Excelsior the requirement is "Fell to betrayal from Chaos corruption" (was either in one of the Realmgate Wars book or the first Stormcast Battletome). Essentially, the Knights Excelsior are the most paranoid of Stormcast.

It is possible that the KE can feel corruption and the village itself (as a location) is without doubt described as touched by Nurgle.

However, this does not clearly spell out that the villagers are unsafable. That is just the KEs interpretation of the situation, based on their overall personality (paranoid due to past betrayal) and quite likely their reforging flaw.

We have seen the flaw in narrative effect on the Celestial Vindicators, amongst whom even the greatest Celestants could not hold heir thirst for vengeance at bay after just a few reforgings. The KE erradicated entire hosts of Sylvaneth on a suspicion in the early Realmgate Wars (when they had not yet seen many reforgings).

Since this story is told exclusively from a KE's perspective, there is no telling how delusionally paranoid these quite often reforged liberators are by now. For all we know, all the described signs of plague corruptions might exist only in the mind of these Stormcast!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Since this story is told exclusively from a KE's perspective, there is no telling how delusionally paranoid these quite often reforged liberators are by now. For all we know, all the described signs of plague corruptions might exist only in the mind of these Stormcast!

Nurgle propaganda! Carefull loyal citizens of Azyr! Do not heed this tainted man words! For he is a traitor and Heretic!  ?

12 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

There might be something in that; I don't think they actually see anyone who is that ill. The guards are described as thin, pale, and shaky, but nothing like the illness in other stories.

There's definitely some corruption in the town, it smells bad, but I'm not convinced the inhabitants have necessarily fallen yet. They've been under siege for some time, and the Stormcast are (rightfully) terrifying, so I'd say it's up for interpretation.

13 minutes ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Is there a list somewhere of the different flaws in reforming?

I dont think its a specific thing (yet?), but the books show different eternals afflicted in different ways. Some are more reckless, some prone to temper, others withdraw and do not communicate, etc.

2 minutes ago, Thorize said:

If you guys haven't seen this yet there is a new teaser on Warhammer TV, The Shadow Queen.

Looks like Morathi is back and she is mad :)

I'm thinking she's coming back in naga form.  Some giant-ass medusa looking critter???

3 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I'm wondering if we're going to see lots of new Battletomes using existing model ranges in the same vein they did with Codexes for the new release of 40k?

We'll most likely see more battletomes than usual this year but not in the vomited/rushed flavourless manner like 40k in the last 2 editions...

12 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Since she also talks of having helped found civilisation, Order/Sigmar Pantheon is a sure bet, imo.

Nagash was in the Pantheon made by Sigmar  during Age of Myth if I recall so maybe she talks about this one and didn't meant "Order" Pantheon (therefore she could be Death Allegiance ...?). But you're probably right about it.

Anyway, I'm so happy right now about this teaser. An Aelven faction is what I wanted badly and the mix of Medusae/Greek's style and Shadows is a really cool theme. Maybe the Battletome (I guess there will be one ?) will let us know what happens to Malerion and Tyrion too and their hunt for Slaanesh fluffwise?

It's going to be a long wait until Saturday.... 

3 minutes ago, Harioch said:

Nagash was in the Pantheon made by Sigmar  during Age of Myth if I recall so maybe she talks about this one and didn't meant "Order" Pantheon (therefore she could be Death Allegiance ...?). But you're probably right about it.

Anyway, I'm so happy right now about this teaser. An Aelven faction is what I wanted badly and the mix of Medusae/Greek's style and Shadows is a really cool theme. Maybe the Battletome (I guess there will be one ?) will let us know what happens to Malerion and Tyrion too and their hunt for Slaanesh fluffwise?

It's going to be a long wait until Saturday.... 

Hopefully, some of those were definitely Slaanesh Daemonettes and Seekers, that she was fighting.

2 minutes ago, Edgecoc said:

Hopefully, some of those were definitely Slaanesh Daemonettes and Seekers, that she was fighting.

Yep saw that too. So no Morathi-Herald-of-Slaanesh and no Cult of Pleasure (...or just without Morathi at it's head).

Archived