Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Will Myers

Malign Portents

1 minute ago, AdamR said:

That said, I don't think the Knight's Ecelsior came off quite as badly as some posters make out and it adds context to the Death at the Door story. They're not (IMHO) coming off as "kill the heretic LOLZ!!!" rather this is a bad situation and we're going to do what needs doing even though it's grim. Hence the no glory/swift death bit. 

I'm sure the Hallowed Knights would have provided the sick villagers with hot soup and blankets. Knights Excelsior are dicks. ;) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

This story made me think that the Knights Excelsior stormcast have the ability to since chaos corruption in an area.

There are certain similarities between SC and Space Marines.  I think it was Phil Kelly who was saying that the big difference is that Marines are bred for war and that's it, Stormcast were created with the ability to govern and rule and empathise (though that's a little questionable for certain chambers)

I think whatever the Stormcast do, they're going to be seen as the bad guys - it's relative, they've been the brightest bulb in the box for a long time that even a slight dimming will be noticed and have a greater impact.  Ultimately it's all Nurgle's fault, but we're unlikely to see that ;)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

I'm sure the Hallowed Knights would have provided the sick villagers with hot soup and blankets. Knights Excelsior are dicks. ;) 

Excuse me good sir, they are cleansing the foul Nurgle taint. 

They are certainly becoming my favourite Stormhost. 

Fantasy Black Templars 😍

Edited by Sete
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

What I do like about this story is that it explains the reasoning behind Knights Excelsior actions(stopping the  spread of Nurgle plague/corruption) (the few must die so the many can live). They even explain how it would spread. I agree with them, I disagree with their methods.

Edited by xking
  • Like 2

Yeah I wish my Hammers of Sigmar were Knights Excelsior now.  Does that make me bad or extra righteous?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Yeah I wish my Hammers of Sigmar were Knights Excelsior now.  Does that make me bad or extra righteous?

Righteously bad?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WarbossKurgan said:

Awesome! I've been saying it for ages. The Stormcast are not the "good guys".

The Stormcast are the "good guys". The "Knights Excelsior" less so, "Radiant Suns of Sigmar" more so. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sheriff said:

Looks like it's up to destruction to stop these evil stormcast and deathcults. 

The mere mortals won't thank us though, they never do.  

I always loved how Grimgor came in to save the day with the first Storm of Chaos. How epic would it be if he did it again :P 
Some dislike this humor of Grimgor kicking Archaon in the groin to save the day but I honestly think it's good that even AoS fans shouldn't thake it all too seriously.

One of the best things GW has applied with Nurgle and Orks since day one is to add some humor to this game. I personally think Khorne has his own sence of 'skull easter hunt' humor and 'angry bunny helmets' too but not all see it that way :P 

• Like 1

Most of the humour of Khorne (amongst others), for me at least, comes from just how patently absurd his dudes and his whole thing is. 

9 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Most of the humour of Khorne (amongst others), for me at least, comes from just how patently absurd his dudes and his whole thing is. 

Absurd but also a reflection of what the game allows us to do. For me I find comfort in Khorne being more powerful with quick kills made in war. It's one thing we can emulate very well with this game.

But in general I think MP develops AoS in a really good way. It does blend in another touch of WFB for better and worse but it's good to do this. As before I believe that in 2020 AoS will see it's second edition which ideally gives more shapes to AoS and presents another new depth of tactical choices whilst presenting a very easy game to learn.

Before this all occurs I think it's great to see Nagash as a main bad guy. Which likely will be defeated by Aelves which will likely lead to Slaanesh being freed because of the Aelven forces required to stop this menace. This then leads to new releases and more fun. 

Edited by Killax
  • Like 1

@Killax i subscribe to Vince's theory that Nagash is just the initial bad guy, and that the real bad guy is yet to be revealed. 

Grimgor was the star of Stormof Chaos, he also had the best lime of the End Times, but enough of that. 

I’m rather interested by the way Hyphor’s repeated reforgings have killed his empathy for the humans and made him absolute and almost like he’s making his decision via a program or formula (and it seems his fellows do also).  Given it’s been hundreds of years since the Realmgate Wars is this going to be more and more the journey Stormcast in general are going to take? 

There’s a story in Call of Chaos where a Stromcast becomes similary robotic after many reforgings. 

Edited by Ollie Grimwood

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

Zealous

1 hour ago, AdamR said:

Righteously bad?

Now we're opening up the 1980's book of cool terms for bodacious dudes.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, xking said:

This story made me think that the Knights Excelsior stormcast have the ability to since chaos corruption in an area.

I am not so sure. All Stormhosts have a particular recruitment scheeme and for the Knights Excelsior the requirement is "Fell to betrayal from Chaos corruption" (was either in one of the Realmgate Wars book or the first Stormcast Battletome). Essentially, the Knights Excelsior are the most paranoid of Stormcast.

It is possible that the KE can feel corruption and the village itself (as a location) is without doubt described as touched by Nurgle.

However, this does not clearly spell out that the villagers are unsafable. That is just the KEs interpretation of the situation, based on their overall personality (paranoid due to past betrayal) and quite likely their reforging flaw.

We have seen the flaw in narrative effect on the Celestial Vindicators, amongst whom even the greatest Celestants could not hold heir thirst for vengeance at bay after just a few reforgings. The KE erradicated entire hosts of Sylvaneth on a suspicion in the early Realmgate Wars (when they had not yet seen many reforgings).

Since this story is told exclusively from a KE's perspective, there is no telling how delusionally paranoid these quite often reforged liberators are by now. For all we know, all the described signs of plague corruptions might exist only in the mind of these Stormcast!

4 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Since this story is told exclusively from a KE's perspective, there is no telling how delusionally paranoid these quite often reforged liberators are by now. For all we know, all the described signs of plague corruptions might exist only in the mind of these Stormcast!

Nurgle propaganda! Carefull loyal citizens of Azyr! Do not heed this tainted man words! For he is a traitor and Heretic!  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

There might be something in that; I don't think they actually see anyone who is that ill. The guards are described as thin, pale, and shaky, but nothing like the illness in other stories.

There's definitely some corruption in the town, it smells bad, but I'm not convinced the inhabitants have necessarily fallen yet. They've been under siege for some time, and the Stormcast are (rightfully) terrifying, so I'd say it's up for interpretation.

13 minutes ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Is there a list somewhere of the different flaws in reforming?

I dont think its a specific thing (yet?), but the books show different eternals afflicted in different ways. Some are more reckless, some prone to temper, others withdraw and do not communicate, etc.

Once again, Sigmar's men claim to be representing true Order. I'l have you know that we, followers of the Old Ones, were fighting off infinite daemon armies before the GodKing was even a concept!