Malign Portents

Will Myers

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think that the night-black sand is realmstone? I wonder if we will see it feature in the potential new spell lore in Legions of Nagash?

Here is the write up from AOS shorts:

"realmstone is like grains of sand – grainsand – mortality sand which can impact your lifespan either positively or negatively.  Can sap your energy and decay you.  Very similar to shadeglass.  very powerful stuff.  Nagash hardening it into stone."

22 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

Do you think that the night-black sand is realmstone? I wonder if we will see it feature in the potential new spell lore in Legions of Nagash?

Here is the write up from AOS shorts:

"realmstone is like grains of sand – grainsand – mortality sand which can impact your lifespan either positively or negatively.  Can sap your energy and decay you.  Very similar to shadeglass.  very powerful stuff.  Nagash hardening it into stone."

IIRC, Realmstones tend to be a kind of mineral that you can find in the "natural" landscape of the Realms, here it's more the plants and creatures of the Rotbringers base that were "turned to dust" by death magic...

BTW why should poor Nurgle always suffer in those stories :(((

(Excellent one, too !)

- - - 

Regarding the 16.02 story, I think the female nagashite we saw was a normal, human, priest / adept of Nagash, not a vampire, not necessary a necromancer, just someone using Shyish magic. 

(look at this Amethyst wizard : pale feature, robes, purple energy around his hands, etc.). 

26733606_549093048790517_4606464646708871274_n.jpg

That was a cool story. Its great we get these twice a week!

Maybe realmstone will end up being some kind of resource mechanic for Legions of Nagash (like contagion points or Blood tithe)?

I think we can expect a different summoning mechanic anyway.

Elsewhere, I'm very happy to see the rumour mill for the return of Morathi is gathering some momentum. Properly excited for that possibility even if my bank account is getting a little nervous :D

What I find interesting is the mix of deadly mist (realm of shadow type stuff) and necromancy/death stuff. More grist to the death-aelves mill. What about some sort of deal between Morathi and Nagash? Seems clear there are new witch aelf models incoming, so will be interesting to see how they get incorporated into the story. 

16 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Sorry, I was referring to the AoS god version rather than his time as a mortal if that makes sense.  So far (as far as I'm aware) we've not seen Sigmar doing the "kill them, kill them all!" thing.  That's not to say that some of his Stormcast don't interpret his word as law but on the whole many are sympathetic/slightly tolerant towards the free people and races and their views.

Sigmar did temporarily abandon the mortal realms to chaos, which, however necessary, is a bit heartless. Meanwhile, Nagash fought to the end, which was in no way a noble act, but a mortal left behind by Sigmar might see it as a such, being unaware of the fact that Nagash is largely responsible for the age of chaos. 

On a different note, the latest story is amazing. Not sure why you would hang your fertilizer off of trees, but to every man his own! :P I love the constant switching between a view of death as a force of rescue in some stories, but in others as utterly destructive. 

3 hours ago, mumperpa said:

Not sure why you would hang your fertilizer off of trees, but to every man his own! :P I love the constant switching between a view of death as a force of rescue in some stories, but in others as utterly destructive. 

This is actually explained in the Maggotkin Battletome.

NURGLE BATTLETOME SPOILER

Lord of Blight collects the bodies of it’s enemies after a battle and open their scalp. He then fills their heads with diseases and Nurgle Juice before sewing Them back together again. Finally the bodies are hung in a noose from a tree and the Lord of Blight then knows that once the rotting resolves in the head seperating from the body and falling to the ground. His nasty grenade is done ‘baking’ Thus begins a gruesome ‘apple’ picking..

5 hours ago, MrCharisma said:

There is a nice little surprise when you update your iOS Warhammer AoS app...

3F7580A5-CDCB-4C0A-A86D-4A2F7B4A9E7D.png.9da20e43bf4e9dd117348c59f463ca7e.png

Nice little animation ;)

I really hope we see more news now. At least at the Las Vegas Open next week end. 

And by more I mean more than just the Harbingers pre order.

(BTW I expect it in either next week end, or probably the one after).

Color me surprised, but I just checked the MP website and read about it all and it is quite exciting. The Innerland Marches even look like a "classic map" without floating volcanoes and rivers of radioactive blood! Perhaps I'm too oldschool/low-fantasy, but I like the grim non-flashiness of all this. Looking forward to actually picking up the book and reading about DETAILED fluff.

1 hour ago, VBS said:

Color me surprised, but I just checked the MP website and read about it all and it is quite exciting. The Innerland Marches even look like a "classic map" without floating volcanoes and rivers of radioactive blood! Perhaps I'm too oldschool/low-fantasy, but I like the grim non-flashiness of all this. Looking forward to actually picking up the book and reading about DETAILED fluff.

If you read the little tidbits of lore you'll see that every part of the Realm of Death is an afterlife of some kind. Heaven, hell, valhalla, etc. are all there.

It's quite far from a "classic map", but it's drawn very plain. Definitely still very high fantasy.

I picked up a nice snippet this weekend regarding the knight of shrouds.  Treat with salt but if it's true I love it.

Apparently these are the souls of stormcast that refused / counld not / would not be reforged.  Souls denied to nagash as was his due first time around.

Now, he has turned then into the knights of shrouds, commanding his minions but has utter hatred for them none the less.

like I say, I hope its true.  So armies of nagash or whatever it's called is the replacement for Grand alliance death book, and that will go off the shelves when this rolls in, but there's going to be more.... much more :)

Archived