Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Will Myers

Malign Portents

I hope Nagash will bring something new and unique, not copypasting the existing idea, he is much more creative than that. Deathcast Eternals would be so dull and uninspiring you can't even imagine how much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Horrible gathering of sheer speculations! Stop the nonsense already and get some real infos in!

Tap an employee, get him to the pub, get him sloshed and squeeze it out of him!

Edited by Spiny Norman
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, JReynolds said:

Not necessarily. They might've just misinterpreted something I said, or a joke I made. In fairness, I say a lot of stuff, only about half of which you should take seriously. 

And I'd interpret it as symbolic of death's order undermining that of Azyr. Or perhaps a sign that they are inextricably linked, in some fashion. But that's just my interpretation.

I see, thank you for your insight I do appreciate that you post here. 

4 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I read things slightly differently.  My thought is that Nagash only communes with his people when necessary or forced to - he's a God and worked hard to become one.  Instead his Mortarch's ensure that his people maintain their worship of him and in doing so, when those people die they know Nagash has a place for them in one form or another - and they are contented with this, they've been doing it for so long that it's part of their culture.

If somebody doesn't worship Nagash then he'll happily take action (or in cases inaction) to speed up souls coming to him.  Those who do worship him will be useful during their lives and a soul at the end of it.  This is why he gets a "bit angry" when souls get diverted in someway or another - Stormcasts, Shadeglass etc :)

I have also just had an image of Nagash gorging himself on souls in a random cookie monster-esq incident O.o

Nope nagash does not care how he is worshipped only that he is. Nagash views people that worship him as his property when someone starts smashing up your front yard(chaos) and you are the god of the dead? Yeah he is not going to take kindly to that. Plus I imagine he keeps talking about how awesome and terrible he is helps keeps people in line. Think Gran Torino. 

Language warning!

Plus the fact he outright says he is going to slap chaos in the face over the time he was recovering vs the crickets given by sigmar. Think on the bright side RuneBrush if you die against chaos your soul is not going to get mauled by daemons when you pass on. 

Edited by shinros

"Nagash slapping Chaos in the face? That wobbly bone giant with a strange hat can't even defend himself from Skaven".

Signed, Chaos Gods

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Killax said:

"Nagash slapping Chaos in the face? That wobbly bone giant with a strange hat can't even defend himself from Skaven".

Signed, Chaos Gods

;)

Well... skaven break the rules! Plus his new shiny pyramid will slap chaos! They won't see it coming! 

Edited by shinros
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Not to derail the thread but man every time I see Josh comment I get so excited. He's amazing and we should treasure him :)

You can talk to Josh Reynolds anytime you want.

https://ask.fm/JoshMReynolds

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, wayniac said:

But that statue doesn't look like a Stormcast.  It looks like a human in a robe i.e. a priest of Sigmar.

It looks massive though, broader than a normal human, it could be a lord relictor...

8 hours ago, Blueraven84 said:

You guys are way overthinking this whole thing. My guess is , that it is just  a release with couple hero models, anything else released is bonus in my books.

I hope you are wrong, really. But then, the age of hope is dead ;)

11 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

It looks massive though, broader than a normal human, it could be a lord relictor...

I think we might be reading into things too much again.

31 minutes ago, JReynolds said:

There or on twitter, where I'm more likely to respond in a timely fashion. 

https://twitter.com/JMReynolds

Btw, the AOS main book (and the General's handbook 2016 "Death of Nagash" story) mentions the "Black pyramids' power siphon"(Wars of the dead, page 38). So there will / should be multiple "rebuilded" black pyramids. It would give Nagash so much (death magic) power ...

And @bsharitt ; for the Lord-relictor part, sure, but the statue looks more like a bodybuilder than a normal human IMO

Edited by HorticulusTGA

4 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Btw, the AOS main book (and the General's handbook 2016 "Death of Nagash" story) mentions the "Black pyramids' power siphon"(Wars of the dead, page 38). So there will / should be multiple "rebuilded" black pyramids. It would give Nagash so much (death magic) power ...

And @bsharitt ; for the Lord-relictor part, sure, but the statue looks more like a bodybuilder than a normal human IMO

Statues don't necessarily have accurate proportions not to mention its a drawing in an animation making it even more likely to have proportions that aren't quite right. It's probably a some kind of Sigmar adjacent statue, but I don't know if there's much more to read into the statue itself right now.

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I hope you are wrong, really. But then, the age of hope is dead ;)

So games workshop is closing and this is their troll farewell.

45 minutes ago, Will Myers said:

Who believes this could be Nurgle and not death necessarily?

I've considered that a couple of times, especially since it will coincide with the release of for Chaos Daemons Codex for 40k, which will hopefully also usher in new Nurgle Daemon models. I guess it could still be both Death and Nurgle, or it could be a multifaceted shift in the narritive, Death is on the move, Nurgle wins some big victories. maybe we're seeing Order pushed back on all fronts. Maybe a Death vs Decay battle that bodes poorly for everyone.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JReynolds said:

In fairness, I say a lot of stuff, only about half of which you should seriously.

But which half??!!!!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An updated version of the old Wights (Krell wights, not Grave guard) would be very cool. They are much more bulkier models than normal skeletons and I recall that the stats were also pretty good. So heavily armoured and bulky skeleton warriors with stormcast level stats. Yes please.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

An updated version of the old Wights (Krell wights, not Grave guard) would be very cool. They are much more bulkier models than normal skeletons and I recall that the stats were also pretty good. So heavily armoured and bulky skeleton warriors with stormcast level stats. Yes please.

Krell is, imo, the coolest death model... still! So an army of them.. yes please! 

• Like 2

One of the mysteries of the GHB 2016 was that Krell was unpointed! Coincidence? He could be coming back as the Mortarch of Despair. #Conspiracy #Where’sThatAxe

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Statues don't necessarily have accurate proportions not to mention its a drawing in an animation making it even more likely to have proportions that aren't quite right. It's probably a some kind of Sigmar adjacent statue, but I don't know if there's much more to read into the statue itself right now.

I think you're right in that we shouldn't read too much into it and GW are very much going down the road of "portents" rather than previews.  Otherwise we could go completely off track and go "undead statue - Ushbati!"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Inqy said:

B-but the rutabaga farm wasn’t a lie, right? 

No, no. The rutabaga farm is real. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm expecting (hoping) for new skellies, etc, but i'm really hoping for the rise of human death worshipper/cults in the new cities.

I am hoping it is one of a few things like the return of the Mortarch of the Abyss (I.E) Harkon who back in the day defeated the old tomb kings "fabled navy of  Zandri"  with his armada before invading Nehekhara,  and killing of Settra's armies.

I only mention him as he is a hero character and could fit with the storm theme in the hints, plus despite being forced to dust he was one of the few monarchs who worshiped Nagash like a god. So I suppose him rising from the coast with his army of the undead could be fun as he was insane and fearless.

Although in an ideal world I would love to see anything related to the return of the old school vampires with a new twist/theme :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Will Myers said:

Who believes this could be Nurgle and not death necessarily?

The curley stylised "V"in the Malign Portents background art  is the symbol of Shyish, the Realm of Death and Death Magic.

25188933_728294457367350_2353346811548717535_o.jpg

wh magic dice 2011.JPG

• Like 1