Malign Portents

Will Myers

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, wayniac said:

But that statue doesn't look like a Stormcast.  It looks like a human in a robe i.e. a priest of Sigmar.

It looks massive though, broader than a normal human, it could be a lord relictor...

8 hours ago, Blueraven84 said:

You guys are way overthinking this whole thing. My guess is , that it is just  a release with couple hero models, anything else released is bonus in my books.

I hope you are wrong, really. But then, the age of hope is dead ;)

31 minutes ago, JReynolds said:

There or on twitter, where I'm more likely to respond in a timely fashion. 

https://twitter.com/JMReynolds

Btw, the AOS main book (and the General's handbook 2016 "Death of Nagash" story) mentions the "Black pyramids' power siphon"(Wars of the dead, page 38). So there will / should be multiple "rebuilded" black pyramids. It would give Nagash so much (death magic) power ...

And @bsharitt ; for the Lord-relictor part, sure, but the statue looks more like a bodybuilder than a normal human IMO

4 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Btw, the AOS main book (and the General's handbook 2016 "Death of Nagash" story) mentions the "Black pyramids' power siphon"(Wars of the dead, page 38). So there will / should be multiple "rebuilded" black pyramids. It would give Nagash so much (death magic) power ...

And @bsharitt ; for the Lord-relictor part, sure, but the statue looks more like a bodybuilder than a normal human IMO

Statues don't necessarily have accurate proportions not to mention its a drawing in an animation making it even more likely to have proportions that aren't quite right. It's probably a some kind of Sigmar adjacent statue, but I don't know if there's much more to read into the statue itself right now.

45 minutes ago, Will Myers said:

Who believes this could be Nurgle and not death necessarily?

I've considered that a couple of times, especially since it will coincide with the release of for Chaos Daemons Codex for 40k, which will hopefully also usher in new Nurgle Daemon models. I guess it could still be both Death and Nurgle, or it could be a multifaceted shift in the narritive, Death is on the move, Nurgle wins some big victories. maybe we're seeing Order pushed back on all fronts. Maybe a Death vs Decay battle that bodes poorly for everyone.

An updated version of the old Wights (Krell wights, not Grave guard) would be very cool. They are much more bulkier models than normal skeletons and I recall that the stats were also pretty good. So heavily armoured and bulky skeleton warriors with stormcast level stats. Yes please.

12 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

An updated version of the old Wights (Krell wights, not Grave guard) would be very cool. They are much more bulkier models than normal skeletons and I recall that the stats were also pretty good. So heavily armoured and bulky skeleton warriors with stormcast level stats. Yes please.

Krell is, imo, the coolest death model... still! So an army of them.. yes please! 

9 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Statues don't necessarily have accurate proportions not to mention its a drawing in an animation making it even more likely to have proportions that aren't quite right. It's probably a some kind of Sigmar adjacent statue, but I don't know if there's much more to read into the statue itself right now.

I think you're right in that we shouldn't read too much into it and GW are very much going down the road of "portents" rather than previews.  Otherwise we could go completely off track and go "undead statue - Ushbati!"

I am hoping it is one of a few things like the return of the Mortarch of the Abyss (I.E) Harkon who back in the day defeated the old tomb kings "fabled navy of  Zandri"  with his armada before invading Nehekhara,  and killing of Settra's armies.

I only mention him as he is a hero character and could fit with the storm theme in the hints, plus despite being forced to dust he was one of the few monarchs who worshiped Nagash like a god. So I suppose him rising from the coast with his army of the undead could be fun as he was insane and fearless.

Although in an ideal world I would love to see anything related to the return of the old school vampires with a new twist/theme :)

Archived