Malign Portents

Will Myers

I hope it ends up being Devoted of Sigmar, Moonclan Grots, New chaos Marauders (Darkoath style), and at the very minimum, new zombies for death. The herald screams Nighthaunt, but with them being off the table due to GHB'17, hopefully something deadwalkers, Deathmage/lord/rattle that fleshes (heh) out death a bit more.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, shinros said:

Indeed, space marines are weapons of war. With the stormcast Sigmar is trying to also bring civilisation back to realms and I like that. 

Yeah this exactly I'm really pleased they're trying to create some real distinction between stormcasts and their 40K equivalents. I also like how the new model seems to combine the stormcast, freeguild and dwarf aesthetics together, the head is very freeguild while the bare arms and headpiece put me in mind of a duardin smith. The armour looks much lighter and more ceremonial which makes sense given what they've told us about Lord-Ordinators roles so far.

45 minutes ago, Pariah-Miniatures said:

Maybe if he had sleeves or some sort of weapon/ staff that had some sort of conveying instrument and weapon combo I’d give it a thought. But the dude is all John Henry and he should really be more frank gehry.

Pffft, lol no thanks. Love the John Henry vibe, especially considering how much the folk story resonates with AoS as a setting (just replace 'steam powered hammer' with 'the powers of chaos' a battle fought and won against a seemingly unstoppable force by the greatest mankind had to offer at the cost his life. It's downright poetic.)

But I suppose 'old canadian guy who build houses or w/e' would have been fine...ish...

I know there is some disappointment with another Stormcast release and I wished for aelf heralding future faction too, but the Lord-Ordinator looks exciting lore-wise, appearance-wise and theme-wise. Now I really hope they will expand on it with a few tech/science based units/chamber.

21 hours ago, SpaceOstrich said:

While I'd rather the Herald wasn't a Stormcast, I just like that there are some infrastructure projects and such happening in the Mortal Realms - and that the Stormcasts aren't a purely military entity.

Infrastructure projects? Alright, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Stormcast Eternals ever done for us? 

2 hours ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

Infrastructure projects? Alright, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Stormcast Eternals ever done for us? 

You sound like everyone who ever voted for anyone in the world:D

I however am responsible and controlled about the way i express my political views.  VOTE LORD KROAK!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I think the heralds aren't random. We are getting updates and or models for moonclan, darkoath, death (shroud?) and a new sc chamber together with the nurgle update all in the first half of 2018. Wild speculation ahoy. 

I would agree with you, though people have been speculating a new Aelf range I think that stuff will come next year to coincide the rumoured upcoming Slaanesh revamp (like with Tzeentch and Nurgle)

Malign Portents - The Conqueror

There, amongst the warring Barbarians, I found another shard of the enlightenment I sought.

Look to the sky, to the crows that soar and encircle beneath the high sun
They come for you my Queen. Come to pick a ..

I bore witnessed that day, to the rough of a Warqueen and to the fool that would die for the sin of challenging her.
An Empress of the Barbarian clans, each one of her kind was a daughter of destiny.
Had this champion seen the truth already, had she seen the ..

rise of shadows bearing rusted blades. Of dead men that walk and hunger for heart's blood
Rally the tribes! Gather the hosts! The dark waists of Shyish will echo with the war howls of a thousands clans!
Follow me into battle my brothers and sisters! Follow me into the Realm of Death!!

57 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Hopefully her rules reflect the impressive display in the video. Including the speech, I can see her as a melee hero who gives strong buffs to nearby units.

Some time ago, there was a rumor that the Harbingers were going to be free in matched play if you and your opponent both had your factions harbinger in your army(don't ask me to source, no idea where I got that anymore)

If that is true, then having them be anything other than melee beatsticks would be a bit iffy. Cause let's say the ordinatos and warqueen are way stronger than the nighthaunt guy or the mushroom dude. Why would  you take your harbinger for D&D if you knew it just meant making Order and Chaos better for free?

9 minutes ago, BURF1 said:

Some time ago, there was a rumor that the Harbingers were going to be free in matched play if you and your opponent both had your factions harbinger in your army(don't ask me to source, no idea where I got that anymore)

Wasn't that conjecture based on a similar rule used in some previous 40k or WHFB campaign with special characters?

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Wasn't that conjecture based on a similar rule used in some previous 40k or WHFB campaign with special characters?

Like I said, I have no goddam idea where I got it from and I know for sure it was only speculation anyway but if it were true relative power would be something to consider.

21 minutes ago, S133arcanite said:

''Each one of her kind was a daughter of destiny.''

Tzeentch?

I know we just had it but im still hopeful!

Ugh, like we need more tzeentch. They got an entire new army that did it's level best to destroy the game as a whole once already, we should be good for at least a decade.

52 minutes ago, stickybluetoffee said:

There’s mention in White Dwarf’s article on Death of Vampire Thralls. Might be a new unit.

No,  no,  no,  no,  noooooo....

If after all this waiting (and the Squatting of the tomb kings and their constructs) all we get is *yawn* blooddrinking chaos warriors, er,  I mean vampires again, I will be highly bummed out (though more financially stable).

1 hour ago, S133arcanite said:

''Each one of her kind was a daughter of destiny.''

Tzeentch?

I know we just had it but im still hopeful!

The theme of destiny is really common throughout Chaos.  Seems like every story about a Chaos hero includes a lot of rambling about how he/she believes that they are destined for this or that.  Just my take.

Archived