Malign Portents

Will Myers

2 hours ago, bsharitt said:

I'm kind of rooting for Nagash and want to see him win or at least, like you said, die.

Don't get me wrong.  I don't want him to die at all.  I want him to finally have his plans work out, build a new black pyramid, and turn the world into ancient Nehekhara.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sleboda said:

Don't get me wrong.  I don't want him to die at all.  I want him to finally have his plans work out, build a new black pyramid, and turn the world into ancient Nehekhara.

I actually meant to say not die. I want Nagash to be a serious player in the fate of the Moral Realms. He seems like an after thought right now.

26 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Nagash already "died" once, being the god of death he can't die. 

The two short stories in January White Dwarf are amazing ! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/2040/723873.page

I love the details on the page (the Morghast heads) ; and it's great to have a White Dwarf with background again. 

Really, 2018 start is awesome, it's a bit like the excitement I felt for the End Times back in 2015, with ET : Nagash, and ET : Glottkin (like we have  now Maggotking and Malign Portents, Heralds, etc. in February-March) !

EDIT : the Death article in the last White dwarf explain clearly one of the portents we got (the Asylum) ; the triangles on the walls are INVERTED BLACK PYRAMIDS, floating above Nagashizzar rebuild in Shyish, where Nagash is preparing his latest great work............ (That remind me the end of "Undying King", the last Realmgate Wars novel, hm?)

Anyone else wonder what GW hopes to accomplish with Malign Portents? I don't think it could be a global campaign with Death as the antagonists. Too few Death players means the result would be a forgone conclusion. And I doubt it would be another campaign like Firestorm given the hype surrounding it. I wonder if it will be a narrative device they use to justify removing more older models from their line to make way for newer products. Nagash unleashes his Death A-Bomb and now all of faction X are gone forever. I think this would mean a new Death release as well to fill some of that gap.

4 hours ago, Inqy said:

Probably a Realmgate Wars style series of campaign and fiction releases, timed to coincide with the release of new Death stuff.

Yeah, not every campaign has to be a big global report the outcome thing. New models, new lore, and probably one or two interesting curveballs that the community can yell at each other over; as is tradition.

3 minutes ago, Charles said:

They are probably aiming for us to have some fun with out toy soldiers 

I don't care if all it is is a really slowburn ARG advertising campaign for new death models so long as they're awesome and give me an excuse to buy the terrogeist I always wanted.

I'm really, really hoping this lives up to the hype.  GW has been so vague with these 5 second teasers that don't tell anything worthwhile, and the two stories in White Dwarf that are cool but again, don't actually say anything, that I am getting a bad feeling this might not live up to the hype people are thinking and it will cause massive disappointments.

I really hope I'm wrong, and it's a new campaign, new Death battletome/updated models, etc.

Archived