Malign Portents

Will Myers

14 hours ago, Gorks Pokin' Finger said:

I think they'll have the ending of MP already mapped out into one of several conclusions. They've learned their lesson from the Storm of Chaos campaign from Warhammer Fantasy. Seasons of War two years ago pretty much led to Firestorm, and I'm sure they had something else planned in case one of the other Allegiances won. I think no matter who wins, two events are likely to occur: Chaos loses control of Shyish and something will happen that results in Slaanesh escapes, ushering Teclis and Tyrion into the game to combat him/her (this is assuming the next Elf release this year is Malerion or another shadowkin elf faction)

I really doubt it is Malerion. We should look at what got updated on GHB, and discard those imo.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, xking said:

How do you know?

The white dwarf teaser for March is “blood omens”. Stuff featured in White Dwarf are always released at the end of the previous month (as Custodes this time) or at the beginning of the respective month.

I think it is highly likely that daughters of Khaine will go up for preorder on Feb 24th  or March 3rd. With all the malign portents and death next week, then both Necromunda and Shadespire on the 10th it seems clear that they have a pretty hectic schedule. The 17th preorder will probably be black library focused with the anniversary on the 24th.

Two years ago the aos open day coincided with the release of Silver tower so having another big release to show on the day makes sense. 

My personal theory is that in malign portents, Nagash is encouraging as many factions as possible to come and fight in his Realm. He will use the souls of those killed to fuel the creation of a new faction. The results of the campaign will decide how powerful and widespread this faction will be. 

With the campaign ending around the time of Adepticon, it will be the perfect time to preview the new range. 

21 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Would definitely love to see a Gutbuster tome though, even if it's just bundling back in the Man-eaters and Firebellies (Although, a plastic Tyrant/Butcher kit wouldn't go amiss).

I agree, but I personally kinda want Maneaters and Firebellies to stay their own factions, mainly because I'm making a Maneater army and I like their lore a lot.

Butcher and Tyrant very much need new models though.

On 30/01/2018 at 5:22 AM, Ryan Taylor said:

Oh I don't think it's completely player controlled but could be as @Gorks Pokin' Finger points out could be one of three outcomes making the release order. 

Also anyone notice the mentioned Legions of Shadow again when it doesn't relate to a Mortarch.

Yeah I have a feeling its what @Gorks Pokin' Finger deduced. And its a good way to push even more miniatures out!

Legion of Shadows is Mannfred though, because he is the Mortarch of Shadows! I'm excited to see where DoK normally resides, and Morathi has been hiding in the realm of shadows.

I think Malign Portents is literally what they've said it is, the next storyline in the campaign, which has borrowed ideas from the Gathering Storm in 40k

We'll see some new ideas for Death, though it's fairly clear the Battletome is focusing on allowing Death to combine all the sub-factions sensibly but reward specific synergies, so if we get any new models it'll be a kit or two.

New faction isn't impossible but with the number of factions still needing attention, including popular choices like Moonclan, I think we're more likely to see progress there instead. Particularly Free People or Ironweld Arsenal, Moonclan and Slaves to Darkness (or at least the Maurauder section).

On top of that, we need to see where the Daughters of Khaine fit into this, is Nagash looking to bust Mortharion / Slaanesh out to undermine Sigmar's Order faction?

6 hours ago, russ29 said:

Legion of Shadows is Mannfred though, because he is the Mortarch of Shadows! I'm excited to see where DoK normally resides, and Morathi has been hiding in the realm of shadows.

Which is strange because he always was the mortarch of night. Mortarch of shadows was Krell.

5 hours ago, Lucio said:

On top of that, we need to see where the Daughters of Khaine fit into this, is Nagash looking to bust Mortharion / Slaanesh out to undermine Sigmar's Order faction?

Mortarion comes from another time and place, surely you are about Malerion?

6 hours ago, russ29 said:

It's a typo by the community team, they mean Legion of Night and have fixed it on the couple of articles they've written.

Just now, RuneBrush said:

Despite being a complete addict for GW stuff, those are two things I've not yet picked up!

That's some of the nicer fluff we have as of now for AOS (IMO). 

Also, it's more or less "the story so far" (at least Firestorm), leading to Malign Portents' Time of Tribulations !

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

That's some of the nicer fluff we have as of now for AOS (IMO). 

Also, it's more or less "the story so far" (at least Firestorm), leading to Malign Portents' Time of Tribulations !

Keep meaning to pick up Firestorm as I was really enthused about it when it came out - but new things kept coming out :D

1 hour ago, SeanMaguire1991 said:

Mortarch of Shadows was Vlad

Krell was Despair

I hope that skelly horde lovers will get a 10,000 years have gone by - Krell enhanced -  to lead them.   I've never been sold on the  mortarch models, the steeds don't do it for me, and for the same reason the archai don't do it for me either.  Medieval dead horde here I come.

12 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

It's a typo by the community team, they mean Legion of Night and have fixed it on the couple of articles they've written.

oops I stand corrected! But yeah, that article kept making me think that Vlad was coming back with a whole new branch of models!

Archived