The Frustrating Problem with Objective-based Strategy

Sleboda

15 hours ago, Sleboda said:

The lesson for me was that Orruks are very forgiving.  I accidentally lost 3 Glory because I wasn't paying attention, but still stumbled into 3 more just because I was moving forward and killing.  Undead focusing on Objectives cannot do that.  One mistake and it's done.

This is a fair point. The simple nature of the objective holding strategy does require being in a certain place at a certain time. Orruk objectives largely just say kill, or charge the enemy more or less. 

What I didn't touch on very much above, and @Killax talked about, is your offensive capabilities as SG. Champion with Cleave, Harvester hitting a large number of enemies, all combined with the range and damage output of the Warden. This all leads to a pretty decent offensive plan if need be.

Fore sure.  I use the Champion and Harvester semi-aggressively, and even toss in the Warden in later Round 2 or Round 3 situations that make sense. 

In find the Prince is useful for his knockback and, once he is inspired, for a fairly reliable way to finish off a wounded orruk.

Still, they are challenging to use because you have to put a number of upgrades on them and still need to get the right ploys and some luck just to take one Orruk out. If you fail to kill it, it Inspires and there is a very good chance you are getting one-shotted back, giving up position and Glory.

I can't tell you the number or time I have the Champion with the +1 Damage on charge, plus the Harvester with Cleave, and Ceaseless Attack + Necromancer Commands all set up to kill just one Orruk and failed. :)

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

I can't tell you the number or time I have the Champion with the +1 Damage on charge, plus the Harvester with Cleave, and Ceaseless Attack + Necromancer Commands all set up to kill just one Orruk and failed. :)

I'm right there with you man. As a person who's coming from high level TCG tournament play, this is one of the biggest culture shock cases that gets me all the time. As well as one of the things I believe are holding Shadespire back from taking off as a true competitive game. That's for another thread though!

Archived