"Make your own Band" Contest

zabbraxas

Hello everybody, me and Killax are making a little contest "Make your own Band" for our next month podcast. There is some goodyz to win so good luck to everybody and be Creative.

So the rules:
-One entry by person.
-All entry have to be done before January  Edit: February
-It will be a public favorite so if you like somebody works give him a like.

And know what you have to do to participate:
-You must creat your own warband, give us a short story of who they are and how they ending in Shadespire.
-Make each fighter card (no image needed) with his name, weapons (with stat), move, def, life, how they inspire, special action for regular and inspired version.
-One (or more) ploy, upgrade and objective card specific to them who reflect the gameplay of the band.
-Optional, if you got the mini a picture of the band can be nice.

Also for those who might have missed the Podcast/Video, here's the link to the first episode:

Looking forward to seeing the entries, feel free to be as creative as you want to. If anyone is interested in the goodyz, feel free to ask :) 

- To give some additional help to create a card for a fighter, feel free to use the following design template. It's basically the same as is currently used in the game:
image.png.885104134ac43621987c1fe3c3cf649c.png

- Keep in mind that the max size for the Warband is usually 7 (unless you can come up with a great way to toss in another model offcourse!)
- Currently every Warband comes with 10 exclusive Ploys and Upgrades but as above any number is sufficient for the following entry, we're just looking forward to Warband ideas

Cheers and happy creating!

Well, I felt bad that there wasn't any entries  yet so I thought I would put my (big) hat into the ring. I've always loved the Chaos Dwarves and I would love to see them make an appearance in Shadespire. So here is my attempt at putting together a warband - however, it should be noted that it is likely very much unbalanced and needs a lot of work/testing/etc.

Chaos Dwarf art shamelessly stolen from chaos-dwarfs.com (Artists: Kubasa, Igorvet)

The Azgorh Slavetakers

The Azgorh Slavetakers are the remains of a failed exploratory and slave-taking mission of the Legion of Azgorh sent to Shadespire to exploit the chaos inflicted by Nagash's curse. However, when the force found it's way to Shadespire, it found the city embroiled in an endless cycle of conflict and rebirth. The majority of the force simply left, but a small contingent sent to scout the ruins was trapped within and is making the best of the situation by collecting slaves and unlocking the secrets of shadeglass.

Slavemaster Izekar

Spoiler

5a35196a4faf8_SlavemasterIzekar.png.085f660ae17b96d8a02959118b77cdc4.png

Yashzhakh the Dreadchanter

Spoiler

5a3519714c6c1_YashzhakhtheDreadchanter.png.1d3858c99d8aaf1aae837735071983d2.png

Grishnak Backstabber

Spoiler

5a35195eb2dae_GrishnakBackstabber.png.0f03315de98ec243ef54da8b193714dd.png

Slaves (x3) - Couldn't think of unique names of pictures for these guys

Spoiler

5a351960ab426_Slave1.png.b0e850ba36c13de559a6ae8280622adc.png5a35196231b7a_Slave2.png.a1f13fc4b9517d97ee3d9e028554631c.png5a351963d097b_Slave3.png.fe8179ad0a22fc1544657d9772f591e5.png

Ploy (kind of uncomfortable with this plot)

Spoiler

Crack the Whip:

Push all living slaves 2 hexes.

Upgrade

Spoiler

Dark Mace :

Izekar or Yashzhakh only

Gives this fighter's attack knockback 1, and cleave on a crit

Objective

Spoiler

Slave Master:

3 Glory

Score this in Phase 2 or Phase 3 if all three slaves are alive and inspired.

Really cool.   Way to set the bar high.  My only feedback would be that Grishnak seems pretty damn good, though hard to say with just two swords.  I’m also having a hard time imagining a hobgoblin grot hitting harder than a Stormcast with grandhammer, or an Orruk boss.

I’m working on a grot warband.  See if I can finish it off this weekend.

7 hours ago, Red_Zeke said:

Really cool.   Way to set the bar high.  My only feedback would be that Grishnak seems pretty damn good, though hard to say with just two swords.  I’m also having a hard time imagining a hobgoblin grot hitting harder than a Stormcast with grandhammer, or an Orruk boss.

I’m working on a grot warband.  See if I can finish it off this weekend.

Thanks! And I agree - there are balancing issues everywhere :P. With Grishnak I was aiming for a very glass cannon approach - sort of an alpha strike. The general idea of the warband is that the slaves either hold objectives or tie down/slow down the enemy, Grishnak is sacrificed early on to try and get the chaos dwarves inspired and then the chaos dwarves deal out the hurt when they finally waddle over.

I look forward to seeing your grot warband! Do better than me :P!

With everyone one busy for the end of the year with holiday and stuff we expand the topic for another month to make some advetisement on the January podcast. Thanks to everyone for all the cool feedback about this and special thanks to Jabbawocky for his amazing band

1 hour ago, zabbraxas said:

With everyone one busy for the end of the year with holiday and stuff we expand the topic for another month to make some advetisement on the January podcast. Thanks to everyone for all the cool feedback about this and special thanks to Jabbawocky for his amazing band

Good call

• 5 weeks later...

Finally made some time to put some ideas down!

Spoiler

large.5a6b545f6c7e3_Grotshadespirewarban

And some ideas for associated cards:

Upgrade: Sneaky stabbin- While attacking, any successful rolls of support or double support for this fighter are counted as criticals.

Ploy: Sneaky git- This fighter may move through occupied squares

Upgrade: Gnasha only:  If this fighter drives back an enemy fighter, this model may be pushed to a space adjacent to that fighter

Ploy: Cower- Place a fighter on guard if it is adjacent to a friendly fighter

Ploy: Dirty trick- Roll an attack die.  On a hammer or crit, discard an upgrade from an adjacent enemy fighter.

Objective: Dat's mine now- Score 1 glory if you control an objective that was previously controlled by an opponent

Objective: Masta plan- Score 2 glory Leader is undamaged at end of game

Upgrade:  Lucky git- Gitbad only:  If an enemy attack targets this model, you may instead select an eligible friendly fighter.  The enemy attack targets that fighter.

Upgrade: Better lucky than good- While this fighter is on the board, you may re-roll the die for any ploys or upgrades that require a roll to determine their effect.

Upgrade:  Gettin' up to speed:  Snikkit only:  This figher's attack actions with range 1 gain cleave.

Ploy: Leg it!  (Duplicate effect to sprint)  The fighter making this move may not end adjacent to enemy fighters.

Archived