Tag_Pra3t0r1an

Question

On the Thrall Warhost's warscroll it says  "in your hero phase, pick one unit from this battalion that is within 12" of an enemy unit and within 18" of the coven master. The unit you pick can charge as if it were the charge phase, and then pile in and attack as if it were the combat phase. This does not stop them from charging, piling in and attacking again later in the turn".

Does the piling in and attacking as if it were the combat phase, allow for the enemy unit to attack back? And does it mean other enemy units within 3" can pile in and attack or do they have to wait until the actual combat phase to pile in?

3 answers to this question

Good question. My friend and I have been using this battalion with his Dark Elves and we have been playing it as basically a free attack with no retaliation, since only the unit in the Thrall Warhost gets to attack as if it were the combat phase, not the enemy.

But if Im wrong here I would love to know. Ive witnessed too many of my models be brutally killed by Executioners in the hero phase !

4 hours ago, BaldoBeardo said:

However, the 'as if it was the combat phase' caveat means any and all combat abilities are active for friend and foe alike, like the Bloodwarrior Deathstrike thingy.

This last part is not true, as FAQd: your unit may attack just like it would have been able to in the combat phase, but the hero phase is not the combat phase so combat-phase-specific abilities do not apply. (I recognize that this is in the FAQ for the movement phase but the text explicitly mentions this for any phase.)

IMG_0088.PNG

Archived