Starter Set: Upgrade Celestant and Liberator-Primes

Zitroni

I painted the Starter Set and want to upgrade my Lord Celestant on a Dracoth (Vandus) with a Shield and my 2 Liberator-Primes with 2 handed weapons.

My plan is to buy a set of Prosecutors and a box of Dracothian Guard. I am going to build a set of Prosecutors with Javelins and 2 Dracothians without a Celestant.

Then i should be able to use the Grandhammer and the Grandblade from the Prosecutors for the Liberator-Primes and the spare Shield from the Dracothians for Vandus.

Has anyone done the same or sees where this plan is flawed? Does the Grandblade/hammer from the Prosecutor fit to a Liberator-Prime? Can Vandus use the shield properly? Has someone a different approach apart buying new Liberators?

Since the minimum unit size of Retributors is 5, i just bought another 3 Retributors from the starter box of Ebay. I am going to buy another real box of 5 Paladins and use the spare weapon parts of the Decimators to convert one Hammer of a Retributor into a Starsoul Mace. That should be quite doable and should not look too bad.

I found using the champion bits from the Retributor/Decimator kit with one arm up in the air with the weapon and one hand holding the chain was an easy conversion to make on the starter set liberator primes to give them a grandhammer.

I also gave a couple of regular liberators two-handed Retributor hammers from the starter set for them to be special weapon models, but they look like they have severely broken arms, haha.

Yes, at a second look it might be quite difficult to get the Liberator Prime to the pose i want when holding one weapon with 2 Hands. Even when using the Liberator Boxes. Perhaps i just get 2 new Boxes of Judicators and be happy. :)

Archived