Events UK: Fall of the Old World IV

yarrickson

Event Title: Fall of the Old World IV
Event Author: yarrickson
Calendar: Events UK
Event Date: 03/17/2018 12:00 AM

Welcome to Fall of the Old World IV: The Reforging. 

I am very excited to announce this two day 2000 point tournament for Warhammer: Age of Sigmar. Rules pack will be incoming shortly along with the details on how to buy a ticket. 5 games over two days will see you, the champions of the mortal realms challenge for silverware and glory as well as the usual best in alliance prizes. 

Venue is the ever excellent Common Ground Games in Stirling, Scotland and the dates are the 17th and 18th March. Signup will be here, Facebook, Scottish AOS WhatsApp and Twitter but I will compile entries here on TGA and on FB for those interested.

This is my first event taking over the reigns from the vastly overworked John Harper and I'm looking forward to building on the success of the previous events these last three years. 

More details here and on all social media as soon as I have them. I thought it best to begin as early as possible to give everyone the best chance to arrange their schedules :-)

Final pack available here as of 18/02/2018: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sMHSkblSZ-9DmsIFGyHRvgXav6zPXL7e/view?usp=sharing

List document and commentary here as of 07/03/2018

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gV2Xf-aqZIFX7-x9IxPNmII2gX8c_lZR/view

Fall of the Old World IV

Edited by yarrickson
added pack

Entrants Post: 

1: Jamie Ferguson (paid) (list)

2: Liam Watt (paid) (list)

3: John Harper (paid) (list)

4: Nathan Watson (paid) (list)

5: Ross Joyce (paid) (list)

6: Matt Rennie (Paid) (list)

7: Mark Roberts (Paid) (list)

8: John Bayliss  (paid) (list)

9: Graham Duffy (Paid) (list)

10: Riyathe Al Janabi (paid)(list)

11: Leigh Martin (paid) (list)

12: Grant Mudie (paid)(list)

13: Richard Strachan (paid) (list)

14: Stuart West (paid) (list)

15: Niall Campbell (paid) (list)

16: John Craig (Paid) (List)

17: Paul Whitehead (paid) (list)

18: Iain Hunter (Paid) (List)

19: Adam Martin (paid)(list)

20: Graeme Davidson (Paid) (List)

21: Michael Hanns (paid) (list)

22: David Nemeth (paid) (list)

23: Kat Fekete (paid) (list)

24: Mike Callaghan (paid)(list)

25: Sean McKechnie (paid) (list)

26: Steve McCormick (Paid) (List)

Edited by yarrickson

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2017 at 5:39 PM, Soup Dragon said:

Need to score serious Brownie points first though as already going to 2 dayer, 2 weeks before this. Wish me luck in negotiating a pass

Scored the requisite brownie points, and after some serious haggling - I'm In!! Let me know how to pay for a ticket - once it's bought then there's no way I can have my permission cancelled, is there? IS THERE?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Soup Dragon said:

Scored the requisite brownie points, and after some serious haggling - I'm In!! Let me know how to pay for a ticket - once it's bought then there's no way I can have my permission cancelled, is there? IS THERE?

Working on pack this week for a release between Christmas and New year with all details. I'll put in a no refund policy just for you. :P

Player pack now available. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ajQpfp3iHgr11G4F1FYIAivW33R5kRy8/view?usp=sharing

Please take particular note of the amendment to the allies allowance. A nostalgic nod back to the first FOTOW as well as the sadly now defunct Scottish Open. 

I've also included exactly which 5 missions we will be playing on the weekend. Reading the scenarios and indeed practicing them is perhaps recommended. xD

Edited by yarrickson

• 2 weeks later...

Meirce Miniatures have very generously offered online store credit for their fabulous range of minis for the players in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place! 

The guys at Greenstuff World will be providing a little something too! :-)

Scale75 have also offered some freebies!

All attendees will receive a customary custom event freebie. :-)

More info on prizes/trophies etc as I have it. 

Edited by yarrickson

Couple of pics for all you fine folk. We've got the lovely custom objective markers from Warbases. The Kromlech prize for Most Fabulous Army and a couple of great Scale75 paint sets as other prizes. Trophies to follow along with further prize support from green stuff world, Meirce Minis and of course the "should have stuck to 40k" spoon! All yet to be revealed. 

7 weeks to go, I look forward to seeing you all there. 

IMG_20180127_175151.jpg

IMG_20180127_175243.jpg

IMG_20180127_175041.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

5 weeks to go till the event and the postie has started bringing trophies. 

Here we have the 4 Best in Grand Alliance trophies and the top 3 trophies. As well as the trophy for the most important player (spoon). Still waiting on the Most Fabulous Army trophy and there's a very special extra piece for the overall winner yet to be revealed. 

Apologies for poor camera phone pictures. 

Friendly reminder that payment and lists are due by 24th February. This gives me a week to compile the list document before it is published, along with commentary from three well known individuals from the AOS scene. :D

IMG_20180210_152055.jpg

IMG_20180210_152227.jpg

IMG_20180207_213032.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1