Appetite for destruction (I’m sorry, but I had to)

Pathies

Hey guys, I’m a khorne player at heart and I love it, but lately I have had a rather strong desire to play destruction! (Specifically beastclaw raiders and ironjaws) The only issue is, I’m not really sure where to start with either, and was hoping anyone who looked at the thread despite the pun could give me some guidance with starting destruction, thanks!

Heya, so this is actually a really common questions, at least for IJ, which I made a huge post about a while ago.

I'll see if I can find it tomorrow and shove a link.

Also poke one of the destruction mods to see if we can't get a stickied thread with all the FAQ answers for ironjawz. I end up continually referencing @Sangfroid for his comments around brutes but it would be way more awesome to just have a proper answer from him that people can find easily!

Really wish ironjawz and beastclaw could be allies; braggoths beast hammer is the nearest to this i believe but only involves goregruntas. If you have a flexible opponent, you might be able to get away with using brutes as counts-as ogors, in which case you could have them as allies to a beastclaw force?

Thanks for the continued feedback everyone! 

@TheWilddog I was also considering bonesplitterz but I wasn’t sure if they had any tools besides kunnin rukk, I was specifically looking at the icebone war clan simply because I like he aesthetic, but especially with gh2017 it seems like it may be hard to make that work. Of course I’m not at all experienced with destruction, so any suggestions would be great!

@Tailessine yeah me too! It would make for an awesome looking army for sure! I also have the same issue with braggoths, but in all honesty I still may check it out if nothing else because goregruntas look incredible to me! Haha that’s a great idea for the brutes though, I may look into that! But there’s also always mixed destruction I suppose! Just means I’ll have to get creative with Battle lines! xD

5 hours ago, Pathies said:

@TheWilddog I was also considering bonesplitterz but I wasn’t sure if they had any tools besides kunnin rukk, I was specifically looking at the icebone war clan simply because I like he aesthetic, but especially with gh2017 it seems like it may be hard to make that work. Of course I’m not at all experienced with destruction, so any suggestions would be great!

Honestly, the Kunnin Rukk is the only Tier 1 competitive option for the Bonsplitterz and it can be tough to play with and against.  However, a mixed Bonesplitterz force with a Small Kunnin Rukk and a mix of other toys (Boarboy Maniaks s and Big Stabbaz in particular) has had decent competitive results and is much funner to play.    

I always advise people to get the models they love first but it is good to know how those models will be used if you are into the competitive scene.

@TheWilddog yeah the first thing i look to generally is the models, but I do want to get into competitive play, so performance would also play a big role in the list I’d want to make! Your suggestion regarding a kunnin rukk “light” sounds pretty cool though! I could definitely see myself doing something like that! Thanks for the suggestion,  but i was wondering what you think of drakkfoot clan in a competitive sense with maybe a balewind on the prophet?

@Malakree wow! Thanks so much for posting that! In all honesty I had thought it may have been a solo thread and I had given up hope for finding it! But it is certainly extensive and from the look of it, very useful! I’ll give it a look, and thanks again!

so I’ve come up with a bonesplitterz list that I feel pretty good about. Let me know what you guys think! 

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint  
- Artefact: Mystic Waaagh! Paint  
Wardokk (100)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask  
Wardokk (100)
- Artefact: Ju-ju Wotnotz  
Wardokk (100)

Battleline