Sylvaneth Battletome - Are we heading in the wrong direction?

PJetski

Whilst I agree that the Sylvaneth tome will be good value, and that all of these things are optional, I was enjoying the cheaper (£20) battletomes. I'd half planned on buying this one. Probably won't at £30. Extra content is definitely better for those people who want/love the army. I'm not sure it's better for encouraging casual purchases. 

I think we need the extras in the Sylvaneth book because they are so different from the old races. Yes we have had trekking in the old world but these don't seem to have any traditional "Tolkien" elves at all. Most of the other armies have been pretty traditional in terms of races and fluff. To my mind this new faction would benefit from as much extra flavour as possible to help work out who they are and how they behave.

From what I gathered speaking to the manager of my gamestore at the weekend, the generals handbook is getting a yearly update. So I would be very surprised if other books didn't recieve updates on a similar time scale. Saying that, its a year you would wait, so I am guessing with GW's new FAQ/Errata keeness that you would see at least an Errata to give a similar playing field, at the same time though, people using any legacy units are not going to get any of this at all I should imagine, apart from the defaults in the Generals handbook.

Archived