Flash Eater courts reinforcement explaination past GH

Art Start, sorry für my poor English. 

I can't figure out what "exceed the starting side" means, regarding of the reinforcement abilities of the heroes from the court.

is it the unit starting size or the max size or you have to count against the whole army's points? 

Can someone explain this for dummies like me?

I would say it will be like Lucio said.

Which is a bit of a pain when it came for horrors, as you may want to use units with 3 models. Anyway, it could be already stronger than the "regular" summoning. Potentially, you can start from scratch every turn with enough courtiers and luck :)

2 hours ago, Lucio said:

Believe the sentance should read "Cannot exceed the starting size", so if you loose 3 models from a unit and roll a 6 for replacements, you can only add 3 back to the unit.

Yes, I too believe this to be correct. Providing you're not getting your units wiped out it is a strong ability as does not require any resource drain on your army by way of a summoning pool etc.

Just out of interest @Goldinger, how would you prefer this ability to work?

My local GW Store send me a answer to this question. Short form: you can NOT call more models to a unit than its original size. for example 10 ghouls can never be more than 10, regardless of the dice from the abilities.

@Chris Tomlin: I would prefer that you can get more models in a unit, but use one ability just once per turn, and reduce the dice down to 3 for horrors and flayers, also the regular healing reduced with a +4 roll to use successfully. Its just the faith in some sucessfull "call" to let the player build armys more risky, less conservative. High Risk, High Reward, just like the old Empire Volley gun ;)

Archived