Which dracoth riders if a unit of 3

Somnicide

So I've picked up a second starter so will be converting one of them and using the shield from the liberator prime (I have the white dwarf liberator to give me 2 units of 5 and a unit of 10), and will be picking up a box of the dracoth riders. At first glance, a unit of 3 seems better than a unit of 2 and a unit of 1, and I was leaning concussors based on consistency, however, I can see an argument for a unit of 2 concussors and a unit of 1 tempestor.

Thoughts?

Also apologies if this exact thing had been covered, I searched but failed to find anything.

If a single model can capture (e.g. in SCGT), then they're quite good as single model units. This obviously increases the number of scoring units, but also makes them immune to Battleshock. The downside is that when you pick them in the combat phase, you do the damage in more than one selection, so your opponent might get to attack with more of his models compared to if a unit of 3 chops them down all at once. Concussors are the best. Fulminators are good for their mortal wound output and against gunlines. 

I would go for concussors. They are much more reliable to give a consistent high damage output. 

The glaive guys are awesome for the charge, but you have to be sure to kill what you charge in one, maximum two rounds of combat. This limits what you can charge with such a small unit and also makes getting the charge in the first place very crucial. 

Your opponent probably also has something that can move fast and might succeed in denying you the charge. 

Concussors are better all round - especially for smaller units.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived