Bad Dice Podcast Reviews - The General's Handbook

I'm sure most of you are already aware of this (look where we're at), but for those of you that aren't breathing and bleeding AoS I wanted to give a shout out to The Bad Dice Podcast and let everyone know that their review of The General's Handbook is posted on their site (found here: http://baddice.co.uk/). They have the audio podcast review and a video review up on youtube (both can be found at the previously provided link to The Bad Dice Podcast).

As always, thanks for the work you put in for everyone, Ben. Cheers.

Awesome work Ben!

I wanted to make a comment about the summoning stuff. You mentioned that tournaments might streamline the summoning to make you list your summoning units as part of the summoning pool. One of the things i really liked about the new summoning was that you don't have to 'list' your summoned unit, and thus choose them through game when you know a) what you need and b) what risk you are willing to take on the dice to get it. It ties in really nicely with the rule of 1 since you can't spam casting and is a great trade off for paying full points costs for any units summoned. Yes it means you need the models you might wish to summon but I really don't think that will get out of hand (practicality will limit people more than anything).

Any thoughts? I would ask TOs to consider allowing it to played this way until its tested, rather than restricting it pre-emptively.

Awesome work mate, just wanted to ask the question.

Cheers

Jamie

43 minutes ago, jamierk said:

Awesome work Ben!

I wanted to make a comment about the summoning stuff. You mentioned that tournaments might streamline the summoning to make you list your summoning units as part of the summoning pool. One of the things i really liked about the new summoning was that you don't have to 'list' your summoned unit, and thus choose them through game when you know a) what you need and b) what risk you are willing to take on the dice to get it. It ties in really nicely with the rule of 1 since you can't spam casting and is a great trade off for paying full points costs for any units summoned. Yes it means you need the models you might wish to summon but I really don't think that will get out of hand (practicality will limit people more than anything).

Any thoughts? I would ask TOs to consider allowing it to played this way until its tested, rather than restricting it pre-emptively.

Awesome work mate, just wanted to ask the question.

Cheers

Jamie

Totally agree here,

Summoning is under control now with the inability to grow your army beyond the point values set by both players,this is a very good thing.

Summoning has become a way to somewhat midify your army makeup in the early game,,actually to have a chance at modifying it as the summoner still needs to cast the spell.This and the,very minor "deep strike" chance are now the only things that make summoning viable in this format.I should also include the forward deployement of summoned units as a benifit as well,still not a huge deal but can be nice especially for slow units.

I mention the deep strike effect as being minimal as it is often very difficult to place summoned units behind your opponent with the limited casting range and most players are privy to your short range and can often easily protect themselves to getting back doored in this way.

Archived