Your last army list vs Generals Handook

Ben

Yeah i gotta decide on if I want to give up Death alliance and go all spirit army, or if i wanna throw down that zombie tax.

The restrictions i think are more than fine. I think if the generals hand book rules were the thing when sigmar first launch it would be the same amount of out cry when sigmar launched, but would just die down after a year as everyone has moved on.

As in i think most folks will find thier list alittle at odds with the battleline 'tax,' and many will see it as only that. This said, the points are slanted toward making battle line units, or units that can become battle like some of the best units in the game when it comes to point effectiveness.

Edit: I feel it's very premature to try to throw out battleline as thing. I think all the restrictions are very much worth working with and embrasing. 

Old SCGT como

Fyreslayers 

20 vulkites 

10 Hearthguard beerzerkers

10 auric hearthguard

runepappy on magmabomb

runeson on magma bomb

runemaster

3x Grimwrath Berzerker

2x smiter in foot

always run vulkites in 20+ so this will all fit pleas tell well in handbook should we use it.

10 hours ago, mmimzie said:

Edit: I feel it's very premature to try to throw out battleline as thing. I think all the restrictions are very much worth working with and embrasing. 

I agree completely. However my event is in 4 1/2 weeks and many people will have been preparing their armies under Clash comp as that was the original plan.

In the interest of my players not having to suddenly change things up too much, I think it will probably be prudent to drop the restrictions (perhaps just battleline). Its something I will be thinking hard on over the next week and announcing next Monday (4th July). I may also include a sideboard...mostly as I think it's a really cool element for AoS and maybe a bit of a missed trick to leave it out the GH.

Going forward though I would expect events to fully embrace the GH, just to see how it plays out. No reason no to.

It hadn't even occurred to me that they've not included sideboards.

Please drop the force composition restrictions.

They also haven't stopped people from stacking the same ability, which could be interesting....

Archived