I have the Generals Handbook. Ask Me Anything.

Ben

21 hours ago, Bass294 said:

Has anyone noticed how unbalanced some of the path to glory tables are? Just compare Stormcast and Sylvaneth.

Stormcast infantry table all has options for 10 liberators

Mounted is 1: 5 gryph-hounds, 2-5: 2 dracoth riders 6: drakesworn templers.

Hero options are 6 assorted heroes.

General options are: Lord-celestant on foot + 7, drakoth + 6 or stardrake + 5.

Sylvaneth infantry is 1-3: 5 dryads, 4: 5 revenants,  5: 5 spite revenants, 6: 3 kunoth hunters.

Hero is 1-2: branchwraith, 3-4 branchwych, 5-6 treelord.

General options are wraith/wych + 6 or Treelord anchient/durthu + 4

Am I missing something? I was really looking forward to path to glory with sylvaneth but the tables are just insulting. 5 drayds really?

Path to Glory is narrative not matched play. Expect there to be imbalances.

summoning and ghouls created and whatever else makes things appear but not with summoning spell, like Settra new chariots, new woody friends, etc. That's what we got from the GHB day-of, but someone was very...inquisitive...about the means by which a new model enters the board. Would be a good thing to be universaly clear.

It's also weird though having three weeks but not full access to text that would easily answer our own questions. Patience, shall we learn ;) 

1 hour ago, Mouldie said:

Path to Glory is narrative not matched play. Expect there to be imbalances.

Of course, and when a path to glory unit is from 150-250 points equivalent (even lower for characters), the small imbalances could be pretty easily forgiven. But when forces can consistantly be 2k points of stormcast to 800 points of sylvaneth that's not really justifiable. I talked to my local redshirt and he was pretty floored by it and said we'd adjust some of it if we run path to glory at our store.

8 hours ago, Flogger said:

So I can't play Spiderfang and use other units outside of Spiderfang? Because if I did the spider riders would no longer be battleline, have I understood that correctly? @AdHocGames

Yes, at the moment anyway.You would have to add some generic Destruction battleline units.

Edited by AdHocGames

1 hour ago, daedalus81 said:

Check PMs.  Also be sure to preorder your GHB.  We need to vote with our wallets!

Thanks! Count with it !!!

Edit: By the way, are in the General´s Handbook the points to classic Orc and Goblins characters? I can´t find them, and I know other races as dwarfs have points listed for some (Belegar, Ungrim...)

Edited by GorbadIronClaw

1 hour ago, GorbadIronClaw said:

Thanks! Count with it !!!

Edit: By the way, are in the General´s Handbook the points to classic Orc and Goblins characters? I can´t find them, and I know other races as dwarfs have points listed for some (Belegar, Ungrim...)

Ah - I just sent you the legacy stuff.  That's where you'll find them.