I have the Generals Handbook. Ask Me Anything.

Ben

7 minutes ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

@Ben Do you have any idea about the decisions to leave out certain units such as the Silver Tower and Warscroll battalions from the realmgate wars books?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect it's when things when to print. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a formula they will release for working out things or a list of additional things which will be coming out, as frankly the book will be out of date by this time next year unless GW don't release any new models

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I suspect it's when things when to print. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a formula they will release for working out things or a list of additional things which will be coming out, as frankly the book will be out of date by this time next year unless GW don't release any new models

Fingers crossed for free to download points for each warscroll batallion available on GW website on given book page. Just like we have rules for models on their website.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James McPherson said:

I think all the points were leaked last night on /tg/ , at least I think that's all, not sure whats up with legacy, saw bretts in the leaks though

chaos points: http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1466974639273.pdf
death and destruction points: http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1466974996523.pdf
order: http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1466973953252.pdf

Clearly doesn't include all the points. Looking at the Order scrolls there are no points for Order Draconis, Eldritch Council, Order Serpentis, Free Guild, Wanderers, legacy Empire, legacy High Elves, etc. etc. No doubt the same for other Grand Alliances. Still plenty to find out.

2 hours ago, Malin said:

Fingers crossed for free to download points for each warscroll batallion available on GW website on given book page. Just like we have rules for models on their website.

I can't imagine that wont be what happens. It would be difficult otherwise for them to release new units if they couldn't go back and reprint the generals handbook every time it happens. My guess is the book has enough content as a true "rulebook" to justify the price with the points being something that we can expect as free content. After all the points are kind of pointless (no pun intended) if you don't know how to implement them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

So in a pitched/matched if I want to take ironjawz they can only be ironjawz? Since the only 3 units can only be battleline if the entire army is ironjawz. No thundertusks, manglerso, war machines. That's very limiting.

Yeah, that's partly due to having fewer unit choices and to limit people taking all the power units. This is only for matched play though, the other ways to play aren't restricted this way, although you might not get many games if you just want to turn up and smash face. I'm sure 'net lists' will be back before long.

Sorry I don't know if this is the right place but my question is; how long is the game supposed to take, considering you might end up moving amount of models equal to 8th edition whfb in 2000pt game?

I tried to calculate sample Duardin army yesterday from leaked point pdf's and amount of models (battleline tax) you need for 2000 pt seems insane for skirmish type of game?

Sorry I don't know if this is the right place but my question is; how long is the game supposed to take, considering you might end up moving amount of models equal to 8th edition whfb in 2000pt game?

I tried to calculate sample Duardin army yesterday from leaked point pdf's and amount of models (battleline tax) you need for 2000 pt seems insane for skirmish type of game?

I would say 2000 points is about 2-3 hours. Depends on the scenario tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

So in a pitched/matched if I want to take ironjawz they can only be ironjawz? Since the only 3 units can only be battleline if the entire army is ironjawz. No thundertusks, manglerso, war machines. That's very limiting.

Naa,you can still bring anything you want,even mixing Grand Alliances,,but if you do that you wont be able to pick from the Command Abilities and no Artifacts.

To expand a bit..if you choose to have an army that is all from a single Grand Alliance,then you will get a bonus for that.Though if you choose to be all from one subfaction(such as Iron Jawz,in your case) then you can get an allegiance bonus for that.You will need to choose which one you will use for the game though.

Edited by Thostos

6 minutes ago, PJetski said:

No, you can't mix Grand Alliances

"All of the units in a Pitched Battle army must belong to the same Grand Alliance (Order, Chaos, Destruction, Death)"

Ahh yeah,,read the actual leaked page and it does clarify that,,I stand corrected.

The earlier posted leak implied it was possible but would deny any bonuses if done...not like anyone would ever do that anyway,heh.

11 minutes ago, Thostos said:

Ahh yeah,,read the actual leaked page and it does clarify that,,I stand corrected.

The earlier posted leak implied it was possible but would deny any bonuses if done...not like anyone would ever do that anyway,heh.

My original plan was gordrakk+wierdfist(4×brutes)+thundertusk support. But in order to take brutes as battleline the entire range has to be ironjawz right?

What about this allegiance thing? Is it based on anything other then all models of x faction? What about the rumor of taking a certain hero makes x unit battleline?

I know I can still just go points and not do pitched but I like to build lists lol

42 minutes ago, Andy Bryan said:

Hi 

I don't know if this has been answered but do warscroll battalions over ride the need for battline units.

Can I take two thunder quake battalions in 2000 points to make my monster list I love in matched play.

No, Battalions must obey the standard rules of the game. You are still limited by Battleline/Leader requirements as well as a limit on the number of Behemoths/Artillery you can bring.

6 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Anyone got a peak at the cost of Varanguard yet? I think I saw a rumour a while back (with the Stormcast Extremis stuff) and pretty sure I have all the leaked pages but can't see them.

360 for 3

They are Battleline if you have the EVERCHOSEN Allegiance.

This means that in a 2000pt game you can run Archaon (700) 3 units of Varanguard as your Battleline (360*3=1080) and have 220 points left over.

Cheers bro.

In 3's is interesting...especially as I have 4 with Ensorcelled Weapons and 2 with Fellspears! Can't remember if you can mix within units. I don't think so off the top of my head.

Not sure I'll be able to afford 2 units in my lists anyways, so may not matter anyways :) 

56 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

My original plan was gordrakk+wierdfist(4×brutes)+thundertusk support. But in order to take brutes as battleline the entire range has to be ironjawz right?

What about this allegiance thing? Is it based on anything other then all models of x faction? What about the rumor of taking a certain hero makes x unit battleline?

I know I can still just go points and not do pitched but I like to build lists lol

That's correct for the Brutes losing Battleline. The Allegiance is a bonus if all your models are from Destruction. Ardboyz, Brutes and Gore-gruntaz are all Battleline if your army all have the Ironjawz keyword. So in order to do what you'd like, you'd need to find some Battleine troops in Destruction. Orruks (Orc Boys), Ogors, Grots, and Savage Orruks are all Battleline.

Edited by Dez

One thing I've not seen at present is whether there is any indication that these points costs could be updated/changed going forwards? I'm not sure it's the kinda thing that would be explicitly written within the book. Potentially a pretty big deal IMO.

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dez said:

That's correct for the Brutes losing Battleline. The Allegiance is a bonus if all your models are from Destruction. Ardboyz, Brutes and Gore-gruntaz are all Battleline if your army all have the Ironjawz keyword. So in order to do what you'd like, you'd need to find some Battleine troops in Destruction. Orruks (Orc Boys), Ogors, Grots, and Savage Orruks are all Battleline.

Hmm...how much are regular ogors?