I have the Generals Handbook. Ask Me Anything.

Ben

Hey Ben. Thanks for doing this Q and A.

My question: Are Nurgle Rotbringers and Daemons of Nurgle of the same "allegiance"? If not, can you clarify that each distinct "allegiance" is taken from the sub headings in the Grand Alliance books? I.E. Brayheards, Tzeentch Arcanites, etc. 

• Like 1

Thanks Ben, you're the man - best AoS podcast in the world!

My biggest fear for Skaven is they will make like Clanrats 50 points for 20 and bring us back to the "180 core (battleline) models to be competitive" structure. Could be the same for skeletons, zombies, goblins, etc.

At first glance - do you notice any grossly under-costed horde units?
Update - Undead has its standard "core tax" except, unlike 8th, these basic units can hold their own in numbers, and most specifically with proper synergy. Theres really no reason why you don't want a huge horde of skeletons or ghouls.  Appealing options like FE-Courts allow you to take strong units as core as well. Skaven however are going to require about 60 Clanrats to pay the 'core tax' if you want the standard kind of mixed forces you would do in 8th, though about 75% of all the good stuff is in skyre where you can take stormfiends as battleline. 

I was really hoping for a return of magic items, and am very excited for this "artifact" system. Can you give a basic explanation of how artifacts work?
Update - you give one to a hero and theres 6 of them per grand alliance. pretty simple

In addition to magic items, I really miss magic lores. Picking a lore, rolling for spells. As a VC player, magic would make or break my games. I'm a little disappointed by the over simplicity of the magic phase. Don't get me wrong, I love the end of the age when most games were decided on who could get purple sun off first, but I feel they went a little too far with simplifying magic. Is there anything new that effects how magic works?
Update - looks like a no on anything cool with magic

Edited by WoollyMammoth

13 minutes ago, Busmusen said:

Does that include the entire chaos dwarf faction then? i.e no points for The legion of Azgorh at all?

You'll probably see FW release their own points for their lines shortly after the book goes to market.

Thats all for now folks.  As much I would love to spend all night answering questions I have plenty to go at here for my review episode.

It will be live some time tomorrow!  

Feel free to keep the questions coming and I'll try to cover them all on the podcast  

• Like 6

Just now, Ben said:

Thats all for now folks.  As much I would love to spend all night answering questions I have plenty to go at here for my review episode.

Well thanks for giving us a taste! I'm sure you'll get a lot of interested parties checking out your review!

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Feel free to keep the questions coming and I'll try to cover them all on the podcast  

Hi,

what is the name of the Podcast ?

cheers for all the answers

Hi,

I am really confused. I play my Khorne Bloodbound with Skarbrand, Skull Cannon and a Chaos Warshrine. As I understand your leaks, I wont be able to play the army like that anymore?

Edited by Louzi

1 hour ago, Louzi said:

Hi,

I am really confused. I play my Khorne Bloodbound with Skarbrand, Skull Cannon and a Chaos Warshrine. As I understand your leaks, I wont be able to play the army like that anymore?

As Jabber Tzeentch says, yes you will.

From leaked images we see that Blood Warriors and Bloodreavers are both Battleline. So in a 2,000 points game you could plonk down three units of 10 Bloodreavers, costing 180 points (or some Blood Warriors or whatever as long as you have three Battleline units). You need one leader, but that could be any model. You then have the rest of your points to spend on anything. You do have character, monster, and war machine limits but nothing requires you to fill these with Khorne Bloodbound so Skarbrand, skull cannon etc. are all perfectly valid choices.

If you go pure Chaos Grand Alliance it sounds like you also get an extra little bonus.