I have the Generals Handbook. Ask Me Anything.

Ben

5 hours ago, polarbear said:

The hotdog-bun problem has gone off the chain with the matched play structure. Leadbelchers come in boxes of 4, but you'd need to buy 3 boxes to have an even split of groups of 3, unless you want superfluous models. In a weird way I'm actually coming around to it though. It basically means you'll almost never build an exact force, buy it and be done. You'll always have extra models and that will breed different ways to construct your army as you go. Steers you a bit more to building your army in a general sense and not specifically for that one competitive list.

Ha! That's more akin to the way it was in WFB. I was hoping for nice clean round numbers of models that directly slot into their warscroll ;)

To be honest though, I think it will mostly be like that by the time everything is repacking. There are very few repacks that aren't "warscroll size" (or divisible by the warscroll size)...in fact, I'm not sure I can I can think of any other examples!

4 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I fully expect a reboxing of Leadbelchers in the future.  I've still got a box in a cupboard and quite fancy doing an army next year once they get updated (Chaos this year).

Yeh agreed...though I think the repack would be 6 as opposed to 3. The trend seems to be to go bigger (Ghouls, Savages etc) and Ogors are 2 per sprue.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

To be honest though, I think it will mostly be like that by the time everything is repacking. There are very few repacks that aren't "warscroll size" (or divisible by the warscroll size)...in fact, I'm not sure I can I can think of any other examples!

Saurus Knights are boxed as 8, but pointed as 5. The Start Collecting has 12 Saurus Warriors but the standard box has 20, so that's just a byproduct of the sprues I imagine, but the Knights are still a funky size regardless.

10 minutes ago, Ciruelo said:

Hi!

I am thinking about starting in AoS and I want to plan a good Order build before buying anything. Can someone please send me all points and grand alliance bonuses for Order?

Thank you very much.

We can't copy and paste from GW books here, we don't want to infringe on any copyright. 

You can however use the following Army builder. It has most of the points if not all of them now. Still working on getting the Faction names though.

Scroll Builder

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bowlzee said:

We can't copy and paste from GW books here, we don't want to infringe on any copyright. 

You can however use the following Army builder. It has most of the points if not all of them now. Still working on getting the Faction names though.

Scroll Builder

Thanks. I thought it was out to date because I see a lot of units that are no longer in AoS, which makes me confused.  And I don't see the type of unit in many of them. Thank you though. I still don't know if I will move to AoS so I am not sure whether buying the book or not.

9 minutes ago, Ciruelo said:

Thanks. I thought it was out to date because I see a lot of units that are no longer in AoS, which makes me confused.  And I don't see the type of unit in many of them. Thank you though. I still don't know if I will move to AoS so I am not sure whether buying the book or not.

The book is great value, and cheap for GW. Well worth picking up when you decide to join in the fun ;)

The complete Oder armies are currently Seraphon, Stormcast and Sylvaneth (I guess Fryeslayers also). The other factions haven't been given any battletomes, so still have the old world feel to them.

1 minute ago, Bowlzee said:

The book is great value, and cheap for GW. Well worth picking up when you decide to join in the fun ;)

The complete Oder armies are currently Seraphon, Stormcast and Sylvaneth (I guess Fryeslayers also). The other factions haven't been given any battletomes, so still have the old world feel to them.

Damn, I wanted to build an united elves army. Should I wait till they have their own battletome? How long could that take?

10 minutes ago, Ciruelo said:

Damn, I wanted to build an united elves army. Should I wait till they have their own battletome? How long could that take?

You can build a united Aelf army now without any problems. The fluff states their were Aelves that escaped to Azaheim with Sigmar at the end of the Age of Myth. You could model them up to be a group of Aelves that setup together in the Realm of Light.

The Aelves in the 'wild' are rumoured to be very different. Especially those in the Realms of Shadow (look at the Warhammer Quest Miniatures). However, the new Dark Aelf models from just before the End Times will no doubt have been built with AoS in mind as they've been planning it for over 5 years.

As to a timeline when they will be released, we have no idea. I would guess that we won't see any until next year. Steampuck Duardin and Tzeentch are the next rumoured releases.

1 minute ago, Bowlzee said:

You can build a united Aelf army now without any problems. The fluff states their were Aelves that escaped to Azaheim with Sigmar at the end of the Age of Myth. You could model them up to be a group of Aelves that setup together in the Realm of Light.

The Aelves in the 'wild' are rumoured to be very different. Especially those in the Realms of Shadow (look at the Warhammer Quest Miniatures). However, the new Dark Aelf models from just before the End Times will no doubt have been built with AoS in mind as they've been planning it for over 5 years.

As to a timeline when they will be released, we have no idea. I would guess that we won't see any until next year. Steampuck Duardin and Tzeentch are the next rumoured releases.

Thank you very much. So the Aelf units that GW is now selling from Warhammer fantasy (dark, high and wood) aren't going to be obsolete in one year? Will I be able to use them in AoS when their battletome will be released? Sorry for the off-topic posts but it has been a long time since I don't feel excited about starting a new project in warhammer.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the information in this thread, its great and very open of you guy who have the book - really speaks volumes about the open and welcome nature of this forum compared to some of the others I'm on.

Would it be possible to get the points of the Wanderer/Wood Elf units and Drycha and her Spite Revenants, as well as the Arifacts maybe? I can see my supposed-to-just-be-storytelling warband easily becoming a proper army type thing and it'd be awesome to have a heads up on the book before I grab it for at least the PtG rules.

Thanks in advance for any help, and apologies if I'm out of line.