I have the Generals Handbook. Ask Me Anything.

Ben

Although not related directly to the generals handbook, do we have any idea if / when points will be made available for matched play for units from silver tower?

I only ask because the tale of gamers thread on the AoS Facebook page noted that Tzaangors were a battleline unit.

• Like 1

Not been confirmed. We believe FW units are the week after the book. But it's possible we'll get some new points along with the GH FAQ; so hopefully then. 

Let's hope Tzeentch is Tzeentch and not further divided by acolytes and daemons. 

3 hours ago, Changer said:

I get the feeling that we'll have tzeentch daemons and tzeentch arcanites judging by the silver tower warscrolls. Shame really.

This is the same for Khorne Daemons and Bloodbound or Nurgle Daemons and Nurgle Rotbringers.

They separate the mortals from the daemons. Slaanesh is the only one that isn't like this.

Yea don't equate everything in silver tower to arcanites.

Arcanites seems to be a smashup of beastmen and tzeentch given the ogroid and tzaangors.   Expect the acolytes kit to make two variants.  The tzaangors to make two.  Perhaps the ogroid as one hero along with the other established characters.  And hopefully a big kit, but I really doubt it.

Don't necessarily expect this tome before the fall, because ogres are up next and then I imagine some 40K stuff.

Sorry if I need to ask this as well.

May I know the point cost of the following wanderer warscrolls

1)Eternal Guard

2)Glade Guard

3) Nomad Prince

4) Wayfinder

... and cold one knights for Order Serpentis

Edited by darkspear
missed out something

7 minutes ago, darkspear said:

Sorry if I need to ask this as well.

May I know the point cost of the following wanderer warscrolls

1)Eternal Guard

2)Glade Guard

3) Nomad Prince

4) Wayfinder

... and cold one knights for Order Serpentis

Eternal guard are 80 for 10

Glade Guard are 120 per 10

Nomad Prince is 80

Wayfinder is 100

Cold One Knights are 5 for 160.

Alright, I've held off for as long as I can, but I can't bear to wait until Sunday anymore - could somebody please send me the points for Stormcast Eternals/Extremis and Seraphon, please? Need to try and figure out the composition of my army so that I know what models to buy with the GH :D 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tjgreenway said:

Alright, I've held off for as long as I can, but I can't bear to wait until Sunday anymore - could somebody please send me the points for Stormcast Eternals/Extremis and Seraphon, please? Need to try and figure out the composition of my army so that I know what models to buy with the GH :D 

You got it.

• Like 1

Hi! 
We know that 10 ardboyz are 180 points. OK

So, if I want to field 15 ardboyz (there are 15 of them in the new box!), do I have to pay for 20 -that's 360 points- because the minimum I can add is 10 of them, or can I just add 90 points for 5 and pay 270 points to field 15? Of course I know they would have to be a single unit.

Thank you guys!

2 minutes ago, Ogait-Nas said:

Hi! 

So, if I want to field 15 ardboyz (there are 15 of them in the new box!), do I have to pay for 20 -that's 360 points- because the minimum I can add is 10 of them, or can I just add 90 points for 5 and pay 270 points to field 15? Of course I know they would have to be a single unit.

Thank you guys!

You'll have to pay for the full 20 if you're playing an "official" matched play battle.  Of course you there's nothing stopping you and your opponent agreeing to split the points cost :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ogait-Nas said:

Hi! 

Thank you guys!

Yeh @RuneBrush is correct - the General's Handbook even covers this with a small section on "under strength units".

It's a bit annoying they choose to pack/point Ardboyz this way. It's almost as if they acknowledged it by only putting 10 in the Start Collecting box.

The hotdog-bun problem has gone off the chain with the matched play structure. Leadbelchers come in boxes of 4, but you'd need to buy 3 boxes to have an even split of groups of 3, unless you want superfluous models. In a weird way I'm actually coming around to it though. It basically means you'll almost never build an exact force, buy it and be done. You'll always have extra models and that will breed different ways to construct your army as you go. Steers you a bit more to building your army in a general sense and not specifically for that one competitive list.

52 minutes ago, polarbear said:

The hotdog-bun problem has gone off the chain with the matched play structure. Leadbelchers come in boxes of 4, but you'd need to buy 3 boxes to have an even split of groups of 3, unless you want superfluous models. In a weird way I'm actually coming around to it though. It basically means you'll almost never build an exact force, buy it and be done. You'll always have extra models and that will breed different ways to construct your army as you go. Steers you a bit more to building your army in a general sense and not specifically for that one competitive list.

I fully expect a reboxing of Leadbelchers in the future.  I've still got a box in a cupboard and quite fancy doing an army next year once they get updated (Chaos this year).