I have the Generals Handbook. Ask Me Anything.

Ben

You have to think hard about if you want the first turn as well.  Going second means that if initiative does flip you're the first to get two turns in a row.

Also losing the initiative isn't always bad if you had your buffs up anyway.  The biggest concerns are getting put out of position and shooting.

I like the rule.  I can see where it could turn something sour, but I'd really want to spend time analyzing what went wrong before tossing it out.

Edited by daedalus81
  • Like 2

Likewise, the chance of loosing initiative (and thankfully lack of abilities that modify it) is one thing that adds a huge tactical element to the game.  Play too cautiously and you may be on the back foot, play too aggressively and you may leave yourself open.  One of the things that defines the game in my opinion

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nordicdeath said:

Hi what would the points be for

1-lord celestant on drac

1-lord relictor 

3-retributors

2-units of 5 liberators

3-prosecutors 

I playing 1000 pt games on the 24th just need to figure out what I need 

Celestant on Dracolith is 220

Relictor is 80

3 Retributors is 220 - you're actually paying for 5

A unit of 5 Liberators is 100

3 Prosecutors are 100 with Celestial Hammers, or 80 with Stormcall Javelins.

10 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Hi, I hope it's ok I ask some questions too. :)

what are the points for:

Freeguild/free peoples/empire State troops?

Crossbowmen

Empire Cannon

Mortar

Thanks for your time and help.

80 for 10
100 for 10
Don't see it

10 hours ago, Nico said:

Similarly, the points (and categories - battleline etc.) for Wanderer Units and Wood Elves would be really helpful.

Thank you very much.

File sent

10 hours ago, Nordicdeath said:

Star drake with lord celestant?

Ben - to satisfy the Battleline requirement, you need (say) 3 Battleline Units in your list. Does this just mean that you must buy 3 minimum cost increments of a battleline unit - which would mean that you could deploy all 3 as a single large unit, or do you definitely have to deploy them as 3 units? 

17 hours ago, Nico said:

Similarly, the points (and categories - battleline etc.) for Wanderer Units and Wood Elves would be really helpful.

Thank you very much.

File sent

Thanks Daedalus. 

Thank you very much - this gave me the Wanderer points.

Sorry to be a pain, as the Wood Elves are not in there. They should be right at the back in the Compendium bit. How much are the Glade Lord on Forest Dragon and the Shadowdancer? Might need someone who has access to a book.  

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Nico said:

Ben - to satisfy the Battleline requirement, you need (say) 3 Battleline Units in your list. Does this just mean that you must buy 3 minimum cost increments of a battleline unit - which would mean that you could deploy all 3 as a single large unit, or do you definitely have to deploy them as 3 units? 

It has to be three separate units.

7 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

Can anyone clarify for me that if Alarielle uses Soul Amphorae and rolls 6 to set up Treelord, does this have to be payed out of the reinforcements points? a.k.a do I need to prepare before battle for that and set some points aside?

Yes.  It would be considered a summon.  Fortunately they thought that ability through very well.