Duardin

Theduke

Thanks, they are fun to paint.  Much much quicker than Orruks.  Im thinking about going with a nautical theme with the remnants of a clan living off their ships hopping from island to island.  I still havent decided if they are going to be in the realm of METAL!  Or where they are going to be.  I guess ill have to wait a little longer until there is more info on the realms.  

Ive got a couple cannons and organ guns that I want to put on bases...  Anyone have any suggestions on if I should do round or oval bases and what size?

Great work! Love these models and naval theme could defo work - they have a certain Viking/norse vibe to them which would tie in well. The blood is very well done, not normally a fan but you've used it sparingly enough to look tasteful. How long did this guy take you?

Yea I was hesitant to put any blood on him but i figured it was a test mini and could make a decision later.  He probably took about 2 hours all together and that was kind of just feeling him out.  I think I can batch paint about 5 in that time now that I know what im doing. 

Thanks they are a lot of fun!  The bases are very simple.  Just sanding down the 28mm bases and painting them up.  Im really happy with how they are coming out.  

Up next is going to be they last 5 Iron breakers then ive ordered 3 artillery pieces and Im planning on kitbashing an engineer.

Thanks they are coming along.  I dont actually use a brush for the blood.  I use a sponge.  All you have to do is put a little blood on a small peice of sponge and lightly press it to where you would like to apply some blood.  Just dont press too hard.  I use a small set of tweezers to hold the sponge so I can get the hard to reach areas. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived