Prep for Summer Campaign & General's Handbook

Open, Matched or Narrative... who's getting ready and how?
For my Fyreslayers GrymFyrd Lodge got a new unit of 10 Hearthguard Berzerkers and a second Auric Runemaster to represent the Chaos Dwarf lineage and these will be painted in diff colors to denote reinforcements joining my lodge from a broken Runeson who leads his very few survivors to Grymfyrd. Open play will continue but I'm really stoked about how they present Narrative play. If it's anything like HH I'll be set.

Then rebasing my dwarfs and lizardmen for AoS.

So between summer campaign and the General's Handbook, whatcha doing?

The runemasters come from what we'd call the CD line but hoping Hashut turns up in the story someday soon. Heard interesting theory today re: 8 pointed star and Archaon in the middle. 4 gods, Horned Rat, Hashut? Grimnir or Sigmar or GorkaMorka or who??? :) 

10 minutes ago, Veterannoob said:

The runemasters come from what we'd call the CD line but hoping Hashut turns up in the story someday soon. Heard interesting theory today re: 8 pointed star and Archaon in the middle. 4 gods, Horned Rat, Hashut? Grimnir or Sigmar or GorkaMorka or who??? :) 

Could be the realm of chaos in the middle, with it leaking into the 8 realms.

But the symbol has been around for a long time before AoS

Love Fyreslayers point leaks has runemasters and runesons at 80 points to other Leaders at 100 on foot. Just got second runemaster yesterday and pressing the threat of volcano call now twice amount of board space. Let's see how well he works those 20 less points;) Looks fine in standard 2000 points. We'll try the matched play but I am not hard pressed about finding someone to play any of these types though I can understand and even willing to give points a few tries. Why not?! :) 

Hoping that Matched play still allows you to have fun themed/looking armies without requiring too much baggage.

I'm just getting back into AoS and liking it so far.  I'll be looking forward to giving all three types of play a try.

Rebasing my Nurgle Rotbringers while I finish painting my Beastmen War and Brayherds.  A Cygor, Ghorgon, Jabberslythe, Ghorros and 9 Centigor friends and then I'll be finished.

I generally only like using painted models so I'll likely be trying to tear Ghyran apart with the Beastmen.

Flesh Eaters got me into ghouls which I never thought I would despite having a massive undead army. Got more undead than I need off a friend for cheap, almost done with (my second) terrogheist and now I have an unbuilt dragon and coven throne. Lots of flesh eaters to work on, but then finally found a paint scheme I like while painting up the Knight-Questor for Silver Tower and got super motivated. Dragged my Stormcast out of the closet and started finishing them up, and in a moment of weakness I ordered a bunch more. 

A couple months ago I made a Slann and Skink Priest and got a small seraphon force, but my plan was to put 4 skinks to a 40mm base as a way to more easily manage hordes (since bases don't matter) .. but now with the generals handbook that could end up being a mistake so that project is on hold. 

The silver tower box has so much Tzeench goodness, my Ogrid is begging to be on the table. I bought a chaos lord and sorcerer to prepare for the year of Tzeentch (also double as Silver Tower Heros) and I have a lot of slaanesh/nurgle in desperate need of some paint as well.

Apparently next week is Sylvaneth and I fear I will have to buy them. I have a sizable wood elf force from 8th. My tree man is awesome and I use him with my stormcast, and I have another treeman thats been sitting in a box for a year. Im hoping that the new sylvaneth arent totally awesome but I know I'm just kidding myself.

Somehow I'm managing to ignore my massive skaven force which could always use work.

I'm just taking it one day at a time. Today I painted a gryph-hound. The GW one is a tiger theme, I plan to make mine a snow leopard.

IMG_2542.JPG

NOOOOOO destruction is the one force I have managed to avoid. I bought a Maw Krusha but only to trade a friend for some undead he didnt want. I have dreams of painting an ogor force with detailed tatoos. I have wanted a thundertusk for sooo long. Luckily I'm just not much of an orc guy, I grew up on Warcraft orcs and Tokien orcs so warhammer orcs just have never felt right to me. I just aint got no WAAAGGGHH in me. 

They're looking great dude - top job! B|

I'm painting up some Astral Templar's in prep for the summer campaign. I've got until the 14th of July to paint at least the models from the starter set, but I'm hoping to get another 10 Libbies and some Judicator's done as well.

Wish me luck! :D

Archived