Turns out I care more about the fluff than I thought I did

Nah mate, Stormcast are dead easy to paint to a tabletop standard - they are only hard to paint really really well.

You could have Stormcasts tabletop ready with a coloured spray, a wash/drybrush, and a simple detail pass for things like helmet tassels and the like.

20 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

Nah mate, Stormcast are dead easy to paint to a tabletop standard - they are only hard to paint really really well.

You could have Stormcasts tabletop ready with a coloured spray, a wash/drybrush, and a simple detail pass for things like helmet tassels and the like.

I'll find out soon! Was tempted by the Retributor spray, but I think I'll be going with my own colour scheme for now and see how that goes. Whatever gets painted first will also be the first full unit I'll have painted in over ten years, so just getting them to tabletop standard is all I'm worried about to begin with! Definitely more excited about working with brighter, more vibrant colours than with the darker shades for the Khorne, but I'll be painting both soon enough, so I'll find out then if that's the case in practice :D

Archived