Turns out I care more about the fluff than I thought I did

Let me start by saying I've really been enjoying the fluff, and watching the story of the new world(s) unfold.

When the summer campaign was announced, my initial reaction was "Go Destruction, let's mess this up like we tried to do in Storm of Chaos, only make it stick this time", and I planned up my list and started painting up some stuff to add in.

But I found that my mojo was being sapped - I was watching Netflix or reading comics instead of painting.

A random Twitter post made me realize what it was that was wrong - I actually want Order to "win" the campaign, because I care about the story.

I didn't really expect that.

So I've flipped 90 degrees, and will be sticking with Order in any game I play that counts toward the campaign.  And the Hobby mojo is back in full force.  :)

Glad you got your mojo back!  I have to agree, I would really like to see these 3 cities expand into something more....solid, I guess. Kinda like a Numenor to Azyrheims Valinor, or something. 

And I play Stormcast...:D

Ahahaha! I'm the same dude! Originally I was thinking about fighting for Nagash, but then I remembered that he's a bit harsh and he could do one! xD

Plus I really, reaallly hate Nurgle and I'd love to see Sigmar give him the boot!

2 hours ago, shinros said:

Well I am ready to take those cities for the god of spooky. Nagash does not seem that bad of a guy unless you betray him for any reason. :P

Or dare to have any individual thought at all :D

I will support Order all the way - Chaos has had it all their own way for so long that they need a credible threat, and three new havens of Order will do that. And in the post Realmgate Wars setting having some cities that can act as staging grounds will be important to maintaining the narrative drive. If it also starts to develop some emotional resonance with the setting for more players that will be great.

Yea, Order needs a win to cement some amount of progress from Full Chaos to a Random split.

But I've never bought into the belief that all three cities were Order only, just that two of the three would be. The other would be another faction, probably chaos. Heck, maybe Death would build a city (since I figure Destruction never would).

2 hours ago, mhsellwood said:

Or dare to have any individual thought at all :D

I will support Order all the way - Chaos has had it all their own way for so long that they need a credible threat, and three new havens of Order will do that. And in the post Realmgate Wars setting having some cities that can act as staging grounds will be important to maintaining the narrative drive. If it also starts to develop some emotional resonance with the setting for more players that will be great.

He does not mind people with individual thought only if those thoughts are serving him. If you are serving him and destroying his enemies you are cool. If you praise his name you are cool but do anything against him it's torment for eternity. xD 

What a bunch of goody two shoes! Sigmar is robbing Nagash of the souls of the undead and HE MUST PAY for his crimes.

Not even Nurgle can escape death, everything must die- and Nagash owns all that is dead. What better to prove the might of DEATH than to take the realm of LIFE?

There is no Nurgle, there is no Order, there is no Life ...

THERE IS ONLY NAGASH

8 hours ago, Sith'ari said:

Oops! Guess I'd better go into hiding! xD

lT27FPQ.jpg

Funny enough nagash just views mannfred as a misguided animal of sorts that has lost their way. xD

3 hours ago, WoollyMammoth said:

What a bunch of goody two shoes! Sigmar is robbing Nagash of the souls of the undead and HE MUST PAY for his crimes.

Not even Nurgle can escape death, everything must die- and Nagash owns all that is dead. What better to prove the might of DEATH than to take the realm of LIFE?

There is no Nurgle, there is no Order, there is no Life ...

THERE IS ONLY NAGASH

Yup!

THEY DO NOT BELONG TO SIGMAR. SIGMAR THE DECEIVER. SIGMAR THE BARBARIAN. SIGMAR THE TRAITOR. WHO COST AN UNDYING KING HIS KINDGOM. 

That was an actual line from a black library audio drama. :P

On 23/06/2016 at 7:23 PM, amysrevenge said:

"Go Destruction, let's mess this up" 

[...]

I've flipped 90 degrees, and will be sticking with Order in any game I play that counts toward the campaign.  And the Hobby mojo is back in full force.  :)

With this sort of duplicitous side-swapping, you were never worthy enough to stand shoulder to shoulder wiv da boyz. 

I'd expect that sort of nonsense from one of da Grots, but from an aspiring Warboss? Bah! 

Da rest of da ladz will show you all who's da bestest and da strongest.

Sigmar's shiny boyz, dat big Skeleton fing and dat grumpy spiky bloke wiv da odd lookin' dragon fing - you ain't got no chance. 

WAAAAAAAAAAAGH! 

I'm really into the fluff lately as well.  Trying to push through the last two Realmgate Wars supplement books to see what's happened since I was last heavy into AoS.

The true Children of Chaos will happily pound that city into the ground.

Mannfred is the man. I don't care what anyone says. The first half of End Times: Nagash, he was the freaking coolest hero in the history of heros. Nagash would still be a pile of dust if he wasn't such a badass. Unfortunately they made him out to be a backstabbing ******, but hey nobody said he was a hero. A million years later and hes still kickin it, that's got to count for something. 

Yeah, Mannfred gets points for being an opportunist! 

I loved Nagash's "sacrifice" to solidify the alliance near the end of the ET.

End Times made me discover, and revere Arkhan.

Sadly, I'm far from a Death army and as such I'll have to pummel that city to ruins with the Beastmen. :P

9 hours ago, WoollyMammoth said:

Mannfred is the man. I don't care what anyone says. The first half of End Times: Nagash, he was the freaking coolest hero in the history of heros. Nagash would still be a pile of dust if he wasn't such a badass. Unfortunately they made him out to be a backstabbing ******, but hey nobody said he was a hero. A million years later and hes still kickin it, that's got to count for something. 

Going to say mannfred is still kinda badass after the audio drama's. My question is what the hell is nagash planning in AOS. 

I have to admit, having bought the starter set with the intention of starting out a Chaos army, I'm now extremely tempted to go the other way having read some of the fluff and assembled the Stormcast models. I'm getting much more excited about painting the Stormcast, too, more scope for the imagination going wild than being stuck with traditional Khornate colours. I know I could just paint them whatever colour I wanted, but without the red and black they just wouldn't feel very, well, Khorne-ish.

Chaos still has Warpfire Dragons and Skin Wolves, though, which is pretty much what sealed the deal in the first place. But now I've discovered Stardrakes and Order have, well, dinosaurs, so that's kinda cool too.

Hell, who am I kidding? I probably won't have a force painted in time for the campaign anyway, so I'll just go ahead and collect both :D 

Stormcast are very hard to paint, they are super duper detailed. If you want to go traditional look, save yourself a lot of trouble and get the gold base can. It also goes on really smooth and creates a nice golden look that is very hard to basecoat yourself due to the nature of gold paint. Personally I did my own color scheme though.

Sometimes its nice to have a color scheme you are forced into. I love painting red. Khorne is red or black and brass/bronze/chrome. You can do red as the armor color or just red details or red as blood on metal, lots of options.

Archived