FaceHammer GT - September 24/25 UK Event

Terry Pike

7 hours ago, James McPherson said:

Would it be possible for anyone to please take some video or stream some of it live? I leave the UK the week before for a gig and would love to watch some coverage from out in NZ. Understand if the resources aren't there, but would be awesome to see what goes on.

There will be loads going on and video will be available.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 18 August 2016 at 11:12 AM, Terry Pike said:

Traits & Artefacts are selected each round.

I assume this means they can be chosen. Or do we have to roll? Personally I'm fine either way - actually as I'm really new to playing (only had about 7 games) I'm under no illusions about winning games so I'll probably be rolling anyway :)

This will be in the FAQ. The Balewind Vortex has no points profile in the handbook so cannot be summoned during the event.

Although the Sylvaneth terrain does not have points cost (and is therefore unusable in matched play) it will be usable during the event.

Artefacts and traits can be picked each round. You can roll if you like though.

Fair enough. 

Just for future reference (i.e. other tournaments) the FAQ to the GH (i.e. Part of the Matched Play rules) confirms that summonable scenery is useable (for zero reinforcement points cost) - second FAQ answer under "Pitched Battles". This expressly overrules the rule you are citing above, so other tournaments don't need a house rule to permit Wyldwoods and Balewinds, but would need to expressly prohibit the latter if they want to nerf Wizards again and buff Stormcasts.

Edited by Nico

On 8/9/2016 at 11:42 PM, Nico said:

The choice of two lists idea is inspired - degree of flexibility, but without the time wasted deciding what to drop next in the deployment phase.

On a minor point, it would be nice if this carved out the Lords of the Lodge formation, otherwise this is just a fat nerf to Fyreslayers (not exactly the filth of the week) by making their best formation overcosted. Given that the relevant rule (up to +3 to initiative roll if you keep 3 heroes alive, 2 of whom are 5 wound heroes) is once per game (and isn't even guaranteed to succeed), I don't think this is overpowered - the real issue (which I'm sure will come up at The Warlords) will be Kairos, Kroak and the Skink Starseer rigging the initiative rolls (sometimes repeatedly). 

Was there an answer on this guys?

Interested as might be bringing this filth with me!

Edited by ChippyRick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nico said:

Fair enough. 

Just for future reference (i.e. other tournaments) the FAQ to the GH (i.e. Part of the Matched Play rules) confirms that summonable scenery is useable (for zero reinforcement points cost) - second FAQ answer under "Pitched Battles". This expressly overrules the rule you are citing above, so other tournaments don't need a house rule to permit Wyldwoods and Balewinds, but would need to expressly prohibit the latter if they want to nerf Wizards again and buff Stormcasts.

The Warlords pack actually over ruled the use of Scenery Warscrolls, we have decided to do the same. So need to confirm that Sylvaneth Wyldwoods are in fact usable.

10 minutes ago, Terry Pike said:

The turn roll may not be altered in anyway. So no Lords of the Lodge formation I'm afraid

Please don't let this super harsh nerf (;)) stop you taking Fyreslayers @ChippyRick - it will be amazing if you do*

Do it, do it, do it, do it!

*it may also be my only chance of finishing above you** at an event!

**I probably wont even if you have Fyreslayers!

• Like 2

With this decision my Fyreslayers will not grow until they get an allegiance pack.

Fyreslayers are not competitive as an army without that formation until they get an allegiance pack. You can do well with 500 points of them in a mixed list (25 Vulkites plus a Runesmiter is a nice self contained force). 

Edited by Nico

Drop the hate @Nico :) -  when was the last tournament a SE army was in the top 3? (not including lists with 'free' Seraphon!)

I like Stormcasts - indeed I'll be playing them as part of an army very soon at a tournament. They just don't need a helping hand. You cannot draw a lot of conclusions from the winners when undercosted Thundertusk plus Arachnorok Spam, Hurricanum Spam and Savage Orruk Archer Spam have won 3 recent major events. 

I played 3 armies including Stormcasts out of 6 in tables in the top 30 at Warlords. They seem well represented up there (cf. Ironjawz, Fyreslayers, Dark Aelves (kudos to Paul for his Witch Aelves!), Slaves to Darkness and Beastmen - where were they?), but probably lacking the comboes to take down a tournament. SCE really suck against Moonclan, Nurgle and mortal wound factories for another thing.