Quick weirdnob question

Soulsmith

Hey guys, just got my own weirdnob as an early bday present, and was wondering whether you guys who already have one have had any problems painting under the robes? It looks like it could get fiddly. Have you run into any difficulties? At the moment I have left off his head, all cloak sections, and the staff. Do you guys advise assembling these post painting? Also, would glueing the staff on before the cloak cause any kind of problems assembling/get in the way? Otherwise I'll attach that too.

Thanks!

to partially answer your question, I fully assembled mine upon opening and regretted it while applying my black undercoat. I was just getting back into the hobby after a few years away and was too eager to really condsider how I would paint it after it was assembled. I havent started painting the model yet, but it is going to suck in places.

If I ever got another one I would definitely paint in parts and then assemble.

I've gone for assembling the body, and leaving the cloak parts and staff to be painted separately. I find that sometimes parts you can't reach easily are still easy to see there's just stuff in front of them that makes a straight brush hard to use. We need curvy brushes! it's in WiP weds anyway, not much to see though.

Archived