Are YOU representing Death in the Season of War?

Darth Alec

We know  a little more about the Season of War now. Three cities have been built by the forces of Order, and their fate is to be decided. Are you bringing the heat with deathrattle and malignants? Deadwalker hordes ready to flood Ghyran?

I'm going to be bringing the City of Silence, no doubt about it!

18 hours ago, ronin_cse said:

I would be, if I had a GW store within driving distance...or even anywhere in my state :(

Check with your local resellers, maybe they'll be able to participate. I don't have a GW shop, but one of the local reseller managed to be in the global campaign.. don't ask me how :)

I really need to practice with my seraphon but when I heard that the story was based on the factions used i knew I had to represent death. In the end even the realm of life will fall before the Great Necromancer.

The Knights of Blüdgrave shall strike down the armies of chaos, the fools who think reality is their toy. 

Yea I'm playing as death! way to many Lizardmen in my store as it is, so I don't think I want to play them. Plus, Death can fight anyone and it would make sense! Wildcard, you Cattle!

On 6/25/2016 at 0:13 AM, Samurai_Eduh said:

Is painting required for this?

It's not required but it does help your faction. There are two ways to earn victory points- win a game and paint a warscroll.

If anyone is lacking a nearby store, you can PM me with your results and pictures of painted Warscrolls and i can register your results as Ad Hoc Games.

I've been repping Death with my Flesh-Eater Courts army. My store is doing games at 1000pts so I bought King Vlagorescu's Ghoulish Host (1200pts in the box) and I'm running it without the ghouls:

• Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist
  • Crypt Flayers x 3
  • Crypt Horrors x 6
  • Varghulf Courtier

11 whole models at exactly 1000pts. I call it 'Undeathwing'. I learned really quick that this army is very potent if they stay somewhat close together but everything falls apart quickly if you spread out.

I've also been taking flesheaters, and let me tell you, thirty ghouls with the right buffs from ghoul kings and some of the allegiance abilities will melt some face. I had one game where they took ten wounds off a star drake turn one and then ate him in the following turn and then another game where they did 18 wounds to a unit of ten liberators and then did the same to the unit of ten judicators behind them when I got the double turn. Don't underestimate the power of the lowly ghoul. Plus the look on your opponent's face when you pick up 71 dice to roll your to-hits. Priceless.

14 hours ago, NoobhammerN8 said:

I think you need the flayer courtier and the horror courtier for those to count as battle line units. Unless your store isn't using that restriction.

If the whole army is Flesh Eaters then horrors and flayers are battleline; you don't need their specific courtiers.

Well I just looked at my scans again and it is a bit hard to read. I remember building a list at my FLGS with the general's handbook in hand and I had to add a unit of ten ghouls to get to the min. three battleline units because I don't have anything built to represent the flayer or haunter courtier. It looks like it says "Battleline if Army has Flesh Eater Courts Allegiance and it's general is a Crypt Haunter Courtier." next to the crypt horrors. I'll have to check at the gamestore on Tuesday. Can't wait to have an actual copy to reference from home.

Archived