The Warlords at Warhammer World

Ben Johnson

Well I was getting really into it and enjoying it, that is, right up until the question came up for which is the weakest faction, and then they all started laughing about how ****** Pestilens are, (which is my current army) whilst I was there, brush in hand, painting my 2.5k points worth of Pestilens stuff , and then I was like "****** it, I really am fucked!". He goes through the whole army book saying how junk he thought each unit was! Trying not to let it kill my motivation or let other people tell me what to do :P

Why did you pick Pestilens? Models? Fluff?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2000 points Skaven ready for the Weekend.

Smile for the camera lads!

large.Skaven_Warlords.jpg

I'll be there Friday from about 1pm (assuming no flight delay). Can't wait! :)

Are people going to be playing on the Friday? (If so, then I'll bring my army)

Are there places at WW where one can safetly leave stuff? - I was planning on going around the gallery on the Friday afternoon, but don't really want to have to walk around carrying my army!

Ta,

Pete

Looking forward to this now....but still plugging away on my Ironjawz. Working on 3 Gore-gruntas which realistically may not be finished in time. Not the end of the world, they are rubbish so I'll just play 180 points down! Would still feel like a failure given how many hours I've put into the army over the last 5 weeks :S 

Was painting until 1.30am Tues, 2.30am Weds and probably the same again tonight (with work in the mornings!). Honestly don't even know if it looks good anymore, its all a blur of green, pink, black and silver when I look at it!!

We (myself, @Andy Talbot and @Paul Buckler) are leaving Dorset about 1pm tomorrow so will be up late afternoon. Don't think we'll be hitting WHW...all time dependant I guess. I suspect I may have some hotel room painting to do anyway! :( 

Anyway, see you all Saturday morning!!

1 hour ago, Chris Tomlin said:

We (myself, @Andy Talbot and @Paul Buckler) are leaving Dorset about 1pm tomorrow so will be up late afternoon. Don't think we'll be hitting WHW...all time dependant I guess. I suspect I may have some hotel room painting to do anyway! :( 

Anyway, see you all Saturday morning!!

Think by the time we get @Andy Talbot and get on the road we wont be at the hotel much before 6, with good traffic.  Think a night at the bar sounds more likely, so if you're in the Castle marina Premier inn, and fancy a pint should be around.  With or without @Chris Tomlin depending on the state of the gore gruntas!

57 minutes ago, Paul Buckler said:

Think a night at the bar sounds more likely, so if you're in the Castle marina Premier inn, and fancy a pint should be around.  With or without @Chris Tomlin depending on the state of the gore gruntas!

This sounds ideal tbh. Chilled evening of drinks & nerd chat! Even if I do have painting to do, I suspect I'll reward myself with "bar breaks" ;) 

15 minutes ago, ChippyRick said:

@Chris Tomlin I would love to hear you have been painting at the table in the bar with the guys chatting ;). @Paul Buckler you need to encourage this haha

12 minutes ago, Paul Buckler said:

I will get pictures, and video if this ever happens!

A hotel room minibar is the only hope in hell you've got of that happening!! :P 

On 02/09/2016 at 4:27 PM, Nico said:

Why did you pick Pestilens? Models? Fluff?

I'm new to AOS and havent played WFB since 4th ed back when I was a kid. I picked them because I thought they were cool, before I knew any rules or whatever, and have been learning to play AOS with them. So far I've had 10 games of AOS in total so I'm still very new.

The more I play them the more I enjoy them. I wouldn't give up on them just because people tell me to. So far I'm batting 100's with them which is fine for me. I thought about mixing a grand alliance, but I wanted to take Plague Monks as my battleline , so going with a Pestilens only list.

Not sure how they will do this weekend against all the more experienced players and harder hitting lists and armies but I'm looking forward to learning how to play AOS competitively and getting some experience.

Most of my armies rules are based around rolling 6's, so it's a lot of fun to play with, so there's that too. Always a good feeling!

Just finished up my army. 1980 points frantically painted in a couple of months; but it's a great feeling! 

Got a Slaves to Darkness/Warherd army that I'm playing. No where near optimised or anything; it's built from the units I had (I started with the StD Start Collecting Box) and the ones I thought looked awesome. Some glaring weaknesses in my army; but it will be fun to play with! 

I'd say I fall into the more casual end of the spectrum for these sorts of tournaments. Looking forward to meeting all the different people and just having great games of Warhammer. Oh, and that pub quiz is definitely the place to be! 

Put in another 2.30am shift last night (and up at 7am again today!)...still not finished the Gore-gruntas. Feels like abject failure considering how many hours I've been putting into the army.

Here are my options;

1. Play with 1,800 points - not adverse to this. Gore-gruntas are there for aesthetics mostly anyway!!
  2. Paint in the hotel all night - I want to do this because I want to finish. However I miss out social, drinks, will be shattered tomorrow and still may not even finish :S
  3. Put them on the table anyway - They are in a more than useable state, just not finished. Don't really want them bringing the standard down. It's an option, albeit a bad one IMO.

What do you think boyz?

2 1/2 hours of work left, then getting picked up by @Paul Buckler - still need to pack my bag etc! Hate being so unorganised!! Why oh why did I sell my Stormcast 5 weeks ago @ravman haha :P 

See you all later xxxxx

If you aren't driving how long is your commute lol? Plenty of time to line highlight some pigs.

i really wish I was going to this so make sure you all enjoy. For whoever said about going and not knowing anybody you will do after the even.

network network network is my second most important saying.

Archived