Ogor/Destruction Plog

Ademo

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, AGPO said:

This thread is superb! I'm going to have to dig out my night goblins from the old Skull Pass set and finally get them painted up after seeing your work. How did you get that skin tone?

Hey, thanks for swinging by! The goblins are great minis - really painter friendly which is just as well with how many you generally need!

As for flesh - I start with loren forest, agrax wash, the build up to elysian green which forms the main tone, after that it's elysian with increasing amounts of averland sunset. Sometimes even a pure averland edge highlight on the very very extremes. After that I tend to dilute a mix of averland and mephiston red or liche purple to show stressed areas etc. Hope that makes sense? Not necessarily the best colour choices but I work with what I have ?

• 2 weeks later...

After a break from painting after finishing my comp entry it was high time I threw myself back in to the hobby. Seeing @Lysandestolpe and his recent gargant conversion undertaking got my own aleguzzler juices flowing and I slapped on a basecoat and washes. I will relook at the base as I'm not 100% about the barrel and bird at the front.

20160930_221832.jpg

Anyways - that should get the ball rolling. And good luck to anyone who entered the slaughterpreist comp! Look forward to seeing what's next.

Thanks! Yep, tats definitely in the pipeline. Right. I recently picked up what is in my opinion, a mega bargain! I found a metal skarsnik who was in need of some tlc... and an arm, for a fiver at a recent show. I've started to reconstruct him and his dentally challenged pet.
bfda4776c5d782d969b7e3de7cfa201b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Long time no see! Firstly a huge thanks to all who voted for my mini in the contest and an especially big thanks to people who helped me out with comments and feedback during the process, in the end I had a model I was v proud of!

As it took so much time and energy and love, I felt a little break was in order - but now, I'm back!

I've been adding skin layers to my gargant - he's taking an age (of Sigmar) to complete but I'm definitely happy with where he's going. Next I need to continue to build skin layers up, then highlight and colour with reds and purples etc for character.
0b2a9804426ad459855c949608dc1dd8.jpg

Hope you're all doing well, anyone got any of their own hobby news?

I think the best advice I can give is this - speed! Go for quick decisive lines. A bit like riding a bike really, the slower you go the more wobble! And think about any contours on the material and how the lines would look on these surfaces

6 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

If it really is a hassle, you can try masking tape too :) Looking awesome! I hope I can show you something in return soon. Also whats the deck on the table?

Masking tape might be a bit of struggle if I'm painting a pair of trousers on a trollslayer. ;) 

May give it a go on a banner later in the week though, thanks. :) 

Archived