Ogor/Destruction Plog

Ademo

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the new white dwarf and the tga painting contest for the slaughterpreist I will be taking a bit of time off my usual destruction forces of ogors and grots... but only slightly. I'm aiming to orruk-ify the mini to be some sort of boss that I have dubbed the 'GorKchosen'. I'm pretty excited and have ordered some bits n bobs to try out and see what works. In the meantime I've started some small additions to the body itself.

20160903_224640.jpg

My background idea for this guy is that the GorKchosen romps around the mortal realms seeking out the strongest 'red oomies' to stomp and prove that Gorkamorka is da best. 

His name is obviously mocking the gorechosen and he's going to be wearing the original mini's helmet as a trophy. I need to finish a bit of work on the strap linking the chain to the helmet bolt and then I need to get planning some other little subtle changes - I'm keen to stay true to the original pose etc and not go overboard with the changes.

Yesterday I grabbeb the last white dwarf at my local warhammer store. Mostly for the mini. There is a little bit to much 40k in it.

I'm very curious to see what everyone will do with their free model, hopefully we'll see a lot of conversions. I really like your idea. Maybe you'll even use those bits that you got that you didn't order. Looking forward to the result.

Very small update but as I am very inexperienced with greenstuff, I'm pleased with progress - a bit more detail on the strap joining the chain and helmet and some filling down the sides. I won't flood the post too much with little updates I promise ?

c3f7d25d5885b287db14c7e3a7c06341.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Head wise I'm looking to go for a regular orruk rather than an ardboy - those guys are surprisingly chunky! I have a few options to try - helmeted and unhelmeted - the reason being that the unhelmeted may be a bit big whilst a helmeted head might just be enough to trick the eye. A lot of how good the idea is will hinge on how well the head works for sure!

Back to work so progress will undoubtedly slow sadly! I did grab a bit of time this eve to work on the GorKchosen though. No orruky additions yet but I have covered his hand mutation with a greave sort of thing and decided it would be fun to have the hackblade as a side arm - no orruk is above srealing a hefty lump of metal from a fallen foe to bash more enemies with! Also made a small start on the base. All greenstuff work needs neatening when it cures.

20160906_225309.jpg

20160906_225401.jpg

20160906_225245.jpg

20160910_222753.jpg20160910_223109.jpgMy parts arrived and I set to work! Initially the head felt too big, which is odd because the body isnt smaller than a regular orruk... so I assumed it was proportion - orruks are normally v top heavy so I set about bulking the shoulders by adding a pad and spike to give it a bigger feel - the rest went smoothly. Just need to decided: bonejaw or not?

So after some really useful feedback, I sent my weedy orruk to the gym to do some bench presses and here's how he came out.

20160911_153801.jpg

I'm feeling a lot better about his proportions now - I tried to use the bonesplitter torsos as a reference for muscles etc so hope that vive comes across and the shoulders took a fair bit of bulking up. Next steps will be adding a few last details on like straps etc and finishing the neck.

How long as in, how long have I been using greenstuff? Not lomg and even then it's only been very small things - this is definitely the most ambitious thing I've tried! But as it's for a contest I really wanted to push my hobby limits. Yeh nurgle would look cool and I would definitely recommend grafting bits on if you aren't confident to sculpt from scratch. I have used that technique on this mini a fair bit!

Archived