Ogor/Destruction Plog

Ademo

3 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

Those fluffy squigs were quite cool! Some great painting here. I really like the purple on the squig in the middle. What paint is that?

Thanks - It's an old GW paint called liche purple and one of my favourite colours. I ran out ages ago and struggled to replace it or find an alternative but randomly found a pot when I was on holiday in Cadiz!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to some ogors - Over the last two days I worked on the bellower and extra irongut for the unit and finished them off. The goblin painting made me forget how long each ogor takes! But glad I cracked on and got them done. I will go back to the bellower as the pics have made me notice a few areas to neaten up. I will also add some mushrooms when I get a few more made and painted. Having a unit of 6 ironguts should give a nice punch!

20160820_212732.jpg

I have also been continuing with the squigs - I tested out a green squig - I like it overall but think the skin colour is too close to that of the rider - I will keep him how he is but maybe leave green squigs to the cave squig units if I ever manage to track some down at a reasonable price.

20160820_212825.jpg

I did manage to acquire some more hoppers from a very friendly chap on a facebook buy/sell/swap group - as well as being an amazing price and new in their blister packs, the guy chucked in some freebies...

IMG-20160820-WA0003.jpeg

IMG-20160820-WA0005.jpeg

Needless to say - wow, I was very chuffed! I don't know if either will ever see the field of battle - the fanatic isn't really a gaming piece - unless it represents several fanatics? And I don't have any intention to add any black orcs/ardboyz but they will both be fun to paint up.

So next up will be more hoppers and grots and then....GIANT time! 

Wow thanks guys for your kind words - I'm really enjoying painting these guys up and glad you like 'em!

Redmanphil - do you mean for your bases or do you have some gobbos to work on?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks Jackdaw, that really means a lot! Yeh, I'm not a huge fan of the gw green they use for the studio armies - doesn't feel natural to me. Glad I've conveyed the fantasy feel!

So, I couldn't resist getting the giant kit out and putting it together! Here's what I have so far - just needs some filling and cleaning up in places.

20160825_143640.jpg

AND... I have been putting together a bit of scenery - nothing too adventurous: the first is a simple rocky area with a sign - traditionally this would read something like 'nuln' or 'Talabheim' - any thoughts for the Mortal Realms? Secondly is a resin 'swamp' I picked upat a show last year that I've pimped up a little bit - I will use some resin on the inside to give it a nice wet feel. 

20160825_143705.jpg

I'm kind of jealous of how quickly you put out miniatures at this level of quality:) the greenskins are awesome and look really good next to the ogres. Looking forward to see your giant finished, there is so much skin to paint:D. 

The sign should probably direct you at a realmgate?

Thanks! The speed at the moment is down to 2 facts - 1. I'm a teacher and it's currently our summer holiday and 2. My wife is currently going to bed at the same time as our baby meaning a few free hours most evenings!

Yeh giant is a bit daubting but I will treat him as a large ogor. I think some tattoos should help break up the big areas of skin.

Good suggestion on the sign!

Over the last two sessions of painting, I decided to power through the remaining 15 grots - some will be replaced in time by netters but I wanted to have a full complement of 40 done. So I managed to base coat them and get them agraxed so tomorrow I shall start the long process of layering and highlights! I'm particularly looking forward to the banner.

20160827_214825.jpg

Not a great quality shot but gives you a rough idea of where they are going.

Love this army so far, especially your moonclan grots and squig hoppers. Great work, the colours are fantastic.

Makes me want to ditch my plan of an all greenskins  army and get some ogors and grots.

Can't wait to see what you paint next.

Thanks awkd! Would love to see your greenskins - I think the beauty of the destruction grand alliance is that they've always been a cobbled together, squabbling, mostly chaotic coalition of tribes and warbands. So with that in mind - keep the greenskins and add whatever the hell you like the look of! That has essentially been what I've done ?

So... I'm excited. I finished the 40 moonclan unit! Yay! I was so excited I couldnt wait til tomorrow for better lighting conditions so for now - here they are.

20160901_215846.jpg

At the same time I also painted the 4 remaining riders for the hopper unit so just the lovely creatures and their bases left to go!

20160901_215759.jpg

I'lI'll take some more snaps tomorrow!

Thanks @Ademo, it has been a busy summer, I am really hoping to have some time in the next few weeks to get some paint on my models. Will definitely start a plog once I do. and I hope my mins come out half as awesome as yours have. They really are fantastic.

Cheers guys! Sadly the weather was pretty grot all day (see what I did there?) So couldn't get a nice shot of the big unit. I did however bag some time to finish my squig hoppers!

IMG-20160902-WA0009.jpeg

I had a lot of fun painting these guys up and have another 10 hoppers for the future as well as some cave squigs and herders so expect more bouncing, toothy, fungal monsters in the future.

Archived