Ogor/Destruction Plog

Ademo

Great progress! The riders look great, I really like what you did with the fur. The black on top gasinstallatie the Brown that gets slightly more red against the black looks very natural. 

I know how much comments can help to keep you motivated, so keep it up and I'll be back.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks elf! Looking forward to seeing what you're up to also!

So I got a little carried away with a test batch and ended up painting 10... lucky I like them! Tried to stick to 4 basic robe/hood colours and pick a couple at random for each mini. The shields are mostly red but again I chucked in a few off colour for a bit of visual interest. Let me know your thoughts! Ogors are for scale/army context.

20160803_102233_001.jpg

Lots of soaking and scrubbing later, the squigs are ready to be cleaned up and based when they dry. Any suggestions for those that have damaged 'tabs'? 

Also - based up the other 15 night goblins. I have a box of new gobbos to make up as well so command and netters too - just need to get my hands on some extra nets.

20160804_161435.jpg

2 hours ago, Dez said:

Your army is coming right along and looking great! I particularly like what you've done regarding the Night Goblins (red caps is a cool idea!). 

Thanks Dez, much appreciated - I'm definitely finding that the moonclan grots add a nice bit of variety in miniatures - the size difference for one. And yeh pretty pleased with the colours. The squigs will be an interesting challenge, I'm keen to move away from exclusively red but would appreciate any colour ideas that would work with the robe colours I've picked.

Fairly big Update time! I was starting to think my bases were a little bland and needed a bit more green/shrubs etc. So, I had an army wide upgrade. I added some little shrubby bushes and some different tufts which I've added some colours to the ends of to give a sort of heather effect. Pretty pleased overall and seems to have lifted the minis a bit. Here's an army shot - afraid the lighting isn't great as I had to resort to using the kitchen as I was downstairs looking after the nipper:

20160805_211044.jpg

And a close up of the gobbos and guts to give you a bit more of an idea...

20160805_211148.jpg

20160805_211111.jpg

Next up - some additional muscle for the ironguts. A regular gut and bellower I made by using some leftovers from the mournfangs - the fur pelt is to cover a gap - the arm didn't quite seem to fit which was a pain.

20160805_211207.jpg

Squigs! Based up and ready to spray.

20160805_211334.jpg

I had quite a lot of fun thinking of creative ways to get these guys with no base tabs upright. I pinned them to various pieces from my bits box - getting a giant for my anniversary present really gave my spares a boost! These are all pinned and weighted with pennies under the bases.

20160805_211438.jpg

I now need to summon the discipline to paint the footsloggers before I have a go at these loonies! Perhaps I'll work on a reward system - 1 squig per 5 foot grots...?

Had a good couple of painting sessions over the last few days so managed to complete the 15 moonclan grots and the first hopper! Really pleased with how the unit is shaping up - just 15 to go for the total of 40 - and the next batch includes the fun stuff: champ, gong beater, standard(s) and netters. Whilst I'm on the subject - I don't suppose anyone has any free netter arms kicking around or a standard bearer arm that they'd be willing to sell to a friendly ogor? :x

Anyway - here we go! 

20160812_160511.jpg

20160812_160536.jpg

So 15 gobbos to go, then 2 ironguts and then I have a choice... a couple of 3 man ogor units or....A GIANT!

4 hours ago, Dez said:

GIANT! Greenstuff a hood on him!

Haha, cool suggestion! Hoever, may keep it more generic so that it blends in with whatever destruction minis I field. But very tempted to start it soon!

Not a huge amount of progress in the last few days but decided that my army needed more mushrooms... so I set about and greenstuffed a load, painted them up and attached them to some of the bases - what are goblins without mushrooms after all?? Here's a selection of 'shroomed up' bases. the trick will be not to go too crazy I think.

20160815_131829.jpg

Next up - started to assemble the rest of the moonclan unit, I focused on the 'characters'.

20160815_134356.jpg

Thanks guys - getting the two to mesh was a big part of the reason I chose an alternate colour scheme for the gobbos so glad to hear it's working thanks! Some fun stuff in the pipeline with squigs and giants and another thread in the destruction section has made me thing about moonclanning up some war machines!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bit more work on the squig hopper unit. Painted 2 more with a brown scheme - I think these guys will help anchor the colours of the unit and allow the brighter squigs to stand out a bit. Apologies for the poor lighting.

20160818_202557.jpg

Archived