White Dwarf is returning as a monthly magazine (praise Tzeentch!)

Shane

Might get me to start picking it up again. Once a week was too fast for my tastes, especially when you could see the fancy pictures on the website (or earlier due to leaks) at the same time as you could walk into a store to buy White Dwarf. Also doesn't help that the one manner is closed on Monday/Tuesday, so unless I leg it in on a weekend, by the time the store is re-opened midweek we're already keen on the next set of leaks.

Will be interested to see whether it becomes worth picking up again.

So after a night sleeping on it, I've brought a subscription. I don't mind the weekly one but always find it's over quickly and with this subscription I'm getting an month's worth for about £4 rather than £10.

Quite looking forward to seeing what happens in September!

18 hours ago, Brunel.Richard said:

On another point I don't think that this will herald a move away from weekly releases. The releases and magazines will just be decoupled and new stuff will be announced online rather in now anachronistic print form. That's my guess anyhow.

That matches up with their advert for a content manager to run a new community site.

I'm curious what their "most amazing cover mount" is as the Mordheim elf character or the original necron were both pretty amazing. I'm guessing a plastic Grombrindal of some sort?

1 hour ago, endtransmission said:

That matches up with their advert for a content manager to run a new community site.

I'm curious what their "most amazing cover mount" is as the Mordheim elf character or the original necron were both pretty amazing. I'm guessing a plastic Grombrindal of some sort?

Plastic Settra, obviously.

This is fantastic news! Was top of my list for bringing back stuff we love, but really never thought it would happen.

I really rate the current WD guys and girls, can't wait to see what that can do with more than a few (3) pages to play with!

Battle Reports and Masterclasses are already confirmed, which I assume will mean terrain building articles too! #SQUEEEEEEEEEE

Really don't mind if every issue is 70% 40k, love reading about that stuff too if it's not just a sales pitch.

Can't wait to look at this stuff again!

IMG_4177_zps1qmdkxpk.jpg

EDIT Couldn't actually find a FB one! Travesty! 

3 hours ago, SuperHappyTime said:

Perfectly Okay with this.

But I better be informed of what's upcoming for the next month.

I'd like to not have another month of buying what came out last month instead of that shiny new model.

I think with how GW have been this year so far, I have loads of faith in what they are doing. I think if they can have just start with lots of hobby articles and some cool battle reports, they will do well.

If I remember right, these rumours started surfacing last year, which is probably how long it takes to get material ready for a new magazine while supporting the current one!

I apologize if this has already been posted but today's GW webstore blog seems to have new information. The cover price is £5.99 and after 14 August the yearly subscription will go up to £60. There's no mention however if this means they'll continue to offer a quarterly subscription at £15 (as opposed to the £12.50 early bird deal).

Warhammer Visions is to go quarterly!

Even at full price I'm pleased.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/blog/blog.jsp

5 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Anyone know what happens to people who are currently paying by direct debit to get the reduced price on both visions and white dwarf? 

As in you are already a subscriber?

You need to contact customer services.

I've arrived home and found a letter (well two technically) saying that Visions is stopping... The last issue will be July and converted over to the new White Dwarf at £15 a quarter with 3 free issues thrown in.

Going to have to email about my "protected price" :)

Really glad to hear this, I picked up my first copy of WD in years last week so that I had something to flick through on the train home and was disappointed with how little content there was these days, with basically no AoS apart from a couple of miniatures in the painting showpiece. Hopefully going back to monthly will mean more of an even spread across each issue, rather than one week being all 40k and one week all AoS. I know it probably evens out over the month, but I'm more likely to remember to pick up one monthly magazine that I know will have stuff I want to read in it over four weeklies that are going to be a mixed bag.

Archived