'Competitive' Ironjawz

Malakithe

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sangfroid said:

@N_Watson love the list this below is one if refined along the same route I've opted for 6 pigs but actually the 15 brutes might be stronger! 

IMG_0603.PNG

Ye, I did consider the 6 pigs as I had them from a get started box (Terrified to paint them given how long they take though), but wasn't sure how much use I would get out of them. They do always surprise me in my games. Most recently, I was able to take out a unit of 20 dyrads with them in a game of escalation, with one Grunta surviving on one wound. Silly rolls obviously but still, I was slagging them off when setting them up then they go and win the game for me :D  

Oh go on then...as we are posting lists;

• Megaboss Krunk - Battle Brew
  • Weirdnob Shaman - Talisman of Protection
  • Warchanter
  • Warchanter
  • Warchanter
  • 15 Brutes - General, Ravager
  • 5 Brutes
  • 10 Ardboys
  • 10 Ardboys
  • 6 Gore-gruntas
  • Ironfist

I do think that 3x 10 Ardboys is better than the unit of 5 Brutes probably. The original list had 2x5 Brutes and only 1 unit of Ardboys, but I changed this up and proxied in the game I played.

Like Kieran I also wanted to try 6 Gruntas...though this is mostly down to owning 18 and wanting to use more of them as opposed to any particular tactical reason. Well, that's not entirely true I guess, I was keen on making some kind of use out of them and I have to say they felt like much more of a unit that can actually achieve things in 6, with a Warchanter buff. This may just be taking longer to die, but actually they did a good job for me which was pleasing. The cost is still a lot for what you are getting tbh and I still maintain 3 are pretty awful, but perhaps there is some mileage in these bigger units? Anyone else tried them in 6's? Thoughts?

I'll reply to some of the other comments this afternoon, liking the command trait stuff. There is also a battle report with the above list on the weekly episode for 02/01/17.

23 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Oh go on then...as we are posting lists;

• Megaboss Krunk - Battle Brew
  • Warchanter
  • Warchanter
  • Warchanter
  • 15 Brutes - General, Ravager
  • 5 Brutes
  • 10 Ardboys
  • 10 Ardboys
  • 6 Gore-gruntas
  • Ironfist

I do think that 3x 10 Ardboys is better than the unit of 5 Brutes probably. The original list had 2x5 Brutes and only 1 unit of Ardboys, but I changed this up and proxied in the game I played.

Like Kieran I also wanted to try 6 Gruntas...though this is mostly down to owning 18 and wanting to use more of them as opposed to any particular tactical reason. Well, that's not entirely true I guess, I was keen on making some kind of use out of them and I have to say they felt like much more of a unit that can actually achieve things in 6, with a Warchanter buff. This may just be taking longer to die, but actually they did a good job for me which was pleasing. The cost is still a lot for what you are getting tbh and I still maintain 3 are pretty awful, but perhaps there is some mileage in these bigger units? Anyone else tried them in 6's? Thoughts?

I really don't like Gruntas. Long to paint, expensive for a unit which only purpose is to block and die, and not as efficient as brutes on attack. Plus, they are ugly af.

I want to try a similar list but with more bodies, using ardboys in units of 20 rather than 10, keeping the shaman near. I'll keep the gruntas for the moment, but maybe they'll be replaced by 5 more brutes to make a 15 man unit. All brutes equipped with two brute-choppas.

• Megaboss - Battle Brew
  • Warchanter
  • Warchanter
  • Warchanter
  • 20 Ardboys (standard, drummer and boss with big choppa, 2x choppa+shield, 5x big choppa, 10xchoppa+smasha)
  • 20 Ardboys (standard, drummer and boss with big choppa, 2x choppa+shield, 5x big choppa, 10xchoppa+smasha)
  • 10 Brutes - General, Ravager (boss klaw+brute smasha, 2x gore-choppa, 7x double brute-choppa)
  • 5 Brutes (boss klaw+brute smasha, 1x gore-choppa, 3x double brute-choppa)
  • 3 Gore-gruntas (gore-hacka)
  • Ironfist

I really want to use the Maw-krusha, but it's too expensive. Damn, I really like the model although. 

1 hour ago, Leonhart040 said:

I really don't like Gruntas. Long to paint, expensive for a unit which only purpose is to block and die, and not as efficient as brutes on attack. Plus, they are ugly af.

I want to try a similar list but with more bodies, using ardboys in units of 20 rather than 10, keeping the shaman near. I'll keep the gruntas for the moment, but maybe they'll be replaced by 5 more brutes to make a 15 man unit. All brutes equipped with two brute-choppas.

• Megaboss - Battle Brew
  • Warchanter
  • Warchanter
  • Warchanter
  • 10 Brutes - General, Ravager (boss klaw+brute smasha, 2x gore-choppa, 7x double brute-choppa)
  • Ironfist

I really want to use the Maw-krusha, but it's too expensive. Damn, I really like the model although. 

Afternoon,

If you've read any of my previous posts elsewhere, you'll have seen my disdain for Gore-gruntas haha!! ;) Having used 3 in most my lists this year, I've found them to be nigh on useless from a gaming point of view (though aesthetically they improve the army). I'm sure many people would be surprised to see me trialling a unit of 6. I dislike them in game for all the reasons you've said, and whilst they do take ages to paint, I would disagree that they are bad models as I personally like them. But that's besides the point here.

Oddly, I do think they are exponentially better in a 6 than a 3 and with a Warchanter buff can put out some damage...but I agree, they aren't as efficient as Ardboys or Brutes and for the points spent, most armies would be getting much much more!! I'll trial them a little longer as actually I was impressed in game...though maybe its because I expect literally nothing from them?! Ha.

For me, competing on the Best Painted Army front is very important so even my "competitive" lists will maybe have slight concessions as I have my eye on a different prize. I think Ironjawz are so far away from being able to actually compete properly in a tournament setting at the moment (barring luck in matchups - which happened to me at FHGT) that in part it kinda doesn't matter...if that makes any sense? Perhaps the meta will shift in the future, but for now I'm not sure we (as in Ironjawz, not us as players) are at a level where we are fine tuning top tier lists or anything like that.

I like your list a lot actually. I think Ardboys are the unsung heroes of a competitive Ironjawz force and I am keen to try out the 20 man unit. I think it could work nicely. I would 100% drop the Gruntas from your list. You then have a few options;

• Turn the 10 man Brute unit into a 15. Obviously other than my one game so far its pretty much theory whether a 15 man unit is good...I mean, why wouldn't it be, but it just hasn't been played with enough to know. All the more reason for you to try it and feed back though.
  • Take 2x 5 man units of Brutes to support the General's unit. I like 5 man units, they are very efficient.
  • As well as the Gruntas, drop the 5 brutes and then take a 3rd 20 man unit of Ardboys. I have no idea if this would work, but it'd look pretty scary.

I'm sure there's plenty else you could consider as well. You'll enjoy 3 Warchanters I promise you that. Already I am happy to recommend that!!

What is your thinking around the Brute-choppas on the 10 man Brutes? Interested to hear your thoughts in how that's played for you as I always assume Jagged Gore-hacka on 10+, but have been thinking about the choppas (I own 40 Brutes so can do whatever configuration) ever since @Sangfroid mentioned it on the forums recently. My concern is spreading yourself too thin and I don't think it would be a good decision on a 15 man unit for exactly that reason. I think a big strength of the Gore-hackas is being able to bring to bear a good number of strong attacks over a tight frontage. The choppas lack this.

Anyway, nice to see you taking my list and putting your own spin on it, definitely good to have variety of opinions here. I was worried a couple of months back that the innovation with Ironjawz had dried up (from myself as much as anyone), but it looks like we have plenty to try out next year and hopefully the GH17 will give us a helping hand.

Oh, re the Cabbage, I agree totally. I love it both ruleswise and aesthetically. Its good, but yeh, too expensive. Sad times.

Chris

14 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Afternoon,

If you've read any of my previous posts elsewhere, you'll have seen my disdain for Gore-gruntas haha!! ;) Having used 3 in most my lists this year, I've found them to be nigh on useless from a gaming point of view (though aesthetically they improve the army). I'm sure many people would be surprised to see me trialling a unit of 6. I dislike them in game for all the reasons you've said, and whilst they do take ages to paint, I would disagree that they are bad models as I personally like them. But that's besides the point here.

Oddly, I do think they are exponentially better in a 6 than a 3 and with a Warchanter buff can put out some damage...but I agree, they aren't as efficient as Ardboys or Brutes and for the points spent, most armies would be getting much much more!! I'll trial them a little longer as actually I was impressed in game...though maybe its because I expect literally nothing from them?! Ha.

For me, competing on the Best Painted Army front is very important so even my "competitive" lists will maybe have slight concessions as I have my eye on a different prize. I think Ironjawz are so far away from being able to actually compete properly in a tournament setting at the moment (barring luck in matchups - which happened to me at FHGT) that in part it kinda doesn't matter...if that makes any sense? Perhaps the meta will shift in the future, but for now I'm not sure we (as in Ironjawz, not us as players) are at a level where we are fine tuning top tier lists or anything like that.

The fact we (Ironjawz) are not a Tier 1, or 2, or even 3 army is why it's easy to find thousands of combinations that can work in a way or another. Normally top armies just stick in one or two lists, making of them a very static faction.

I'm not going to use more Gruntas for all the reasons above, not even in units of 6. They are too expensive, in points AND money, for what they do. Unless I buy another start collecting, a very probable option given I'll need another Warchanter and more Ardboys (the last one where from a friend). But even then, I may trade them for brutes with someone. Anyway, Gruntas will stay at home.

22 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I like your list a lot actually. I think Ardboys are the unsung heroes of a competitive Ironjawz force and I am keen to try out the 20 man unit. I think it could work nicely. I would 100% drop the Gruntas from your list. You then have a few options;

• Turn the 10 man Brute unit into a 15. Obviously other than my one game so far its pretty much theory whether a 15 man unit is good...I mean, why wouldn't it be, but it just hasn't been played with enough to know. All the more reason for you to try it and feed back though.
  • Take 2x 5 man units of Brutes to support the General's unit. I like 5 man units, they are very efficient.
  • As well as the Gruntas, drop the 5 brutes and then take a 3rd 20 man unit of Ardboys. I have no idea if this would work, but it'd look pretty scary.

I'm sure there's plenty else you could consider as well. You'll enjoy 3 Warchanters I promise you that. Already I am happy to recommend that!!

What is your thinking around the Brute-choppas on the 10 man Brutes? Interested to hear your thoughts in how that's played for you as I always assume Jagged Gore-hacka on 10+, but have been thinking about the choppas (I own 40 Brutes so can do whatever configuration) ever since @Sangfroid mentioned it on the forums recently. My concern is spreading yourself too thin and I don't think it would be a good decision on a 15 man unit for exactly that reason. I think a big strength of the Gore-hackas is being able to bring to bear a good number of strong attacks over a tight frontage. The choppas lack this.

As someone said, Ardboys are the anvil of the army, and an anvil should be bigger than the hammer. Plus, 40 Ardboys on a table ARE scary. I've tried may combinations with them, the last one being the one on the list, and the more effective. For high saves, two handed in front, for normal/low, back. I didn't know bearer and drummer could wear a big choppa (haven't found anything against that on their rules), that adds 4 rend -1 attacks where there were 4 normal before. Also I feel 2x20 is the maximum for a decent list, more may result in power loss.

About Brutes, I'm no very comfortable with 15man units. I've tried both combinations (spear and swords) and at least 4-5 miniatures with swords, and 3-4 with spears, stay out of range every time, on the first assault. Too many. Also, it can be victim of, for example, a unit of Stormcast paladins teleported by a Vexillor (suffered this two times already...with both combinations...) and get stuck during 2-3 turns, if they resist. Having, say, two 10 man units makes the army more flexible.

Spear or two swords? I prefer number over distance, to play aggressively. I suppose it depends on everyone's style. Also, I try to charge in a way the opponent finds it hard countercharge, and in case it could be a problem, the shaman is here to cast a good old shield.

Mawie or Gordrakk only fits in 2000+ lists, but at those points Ironjawz can be easily beaten with artillery and mortal wounds saturation.

Keep the WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! up!

17 minutes ago, Leonhart040 said:

The fact we (Ironjawz) are not a Tier 1, or 2, or even 3 army is why it's easy to find thousands of combinations that can work in a way or another. Normally top armies just stick in one or two lists, making of them a very static faction.

Yeh that's not a bad point actually. Though actually I did feel, on the UK scene at least, that we almost fell into a netlist this year and were pretty static (in terms of lists being played)...the difference being, our lists weren't that great! Nice to be trying new things now regardless :) 

I'm not going to use more Gruntas for all the reasons above, not even in units of 6. They are too expensive, in points AND money, for what they do. Unless I buy another start collecting, a very probable option given I'll need another Warchanter and more Ardboys (the last one where from a friend). But even then, I may trade them for brutes with someone. Anyway, Gruntas will stay at home.

Yup...can't disagree with any of that haha. If it wasn't for painting I can't say I'd bother with them...how on earth I've ended up with 18 of the things is anyone's guess!! :S 

As someone said, Ardboys are the anvil of the army, and an anvil should be bigger than the hammer. Plus, 40 Ardboys on a table ARE scary. I've tried may combinations with them, the last one being the one on the list, and the more effective. For high saves, two handed in front, for normal/low, back. I didn't know bearer and drummer could wear a big choppa (haven't found anything against that on their rules), that adds 4 rend -1 attacks where there were 4 normal before. Also I feel 2x20 is the maximum for a decent list, more may result in power loss.

Yeh an anvil should be bigger than the hammer striking whatever is against it I guess, analogously anyway. However, I think it's fine if your hammer is bigger than your anvil. Either way, I need to build and paint more Ardboys. That's a given.

Yeh you can definitely equip the standard bearer and musician with a Big Choppa. Totally legit.

You seem to have good experience with the Ardboys, what did you mean by power loss if taking over 2x 20 (which I agree could be scary)?

About Brutes, I'm no very comfortable with 15man units. I've tried both combinations (spear and swords) and at least 4-5 miniatures with swords, and 3-4 with spears, stay out of range every time, on the first assault. Too many. Also, it can be victim of, for example, a unit of Stormcast paladins teleported by a Vexillor (suffered this two times already...with both combinations...) and get stuck during 2-3 turns, if they resist. Having, say, two 10 man units makes the army more flexible.

Spear or two swords? I prefer number over distance, to play aggressively. I suppose it depends on everyone's style. Also, I try to charge in a way the opponent finds it hard countercharge, and in case it could be a problem, the shaman is here to cast a good old shield.

Yeh...getting attacked on multiple fronts and/or spread too thinly is my biggest fear with the 15 man Brute unit. At the moment I'm still confident of getting some mileage out of it, just need the games. It is hard with a unit of that size to strike to balance of playing it tight as to not get picked apart, but also maximising your damage output.

I think maybe I disagree that 2x 10 is more flexible, my experiences with that configuration were disappointingly underwhelming. I think 10 Brutes without Inspiring Presence is pretty easy for most armies to deal with. That Bravery 6 man....urgh...the worst :( 

I'll have to try 10 with Choppas myself I think.

Anyway...good conversation! :D 

I still need to pick up on the Command Trait chat from yesterday as well...

Chris

10 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

You seem to have good experience with the Ardboys, what did you mean by power loss if taking over 2x 20 (which I agree could be scary)?

I have the meaning of it in my head, and in Spanish, I'll try to explain 9_9 I find Arboys are the blocker of the army. Decent attacks, normal save and bravery. Their main purpose is to lock the opponent and wait for brutes to finish the job. This means they'll die relatively soon (sooner if the shaman screws it), and with no other units besides them to attack it gets hard to do some good damage. An army of mostly ardboys is good for a fist and second turn, but after that it's very hard to win or do something. Not sure if I made a point.

18 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I think maybe I disagree that 2x 10 is more flexible, my experiences with that configuration were disappointingly underwhelming. I think 10 Brutes without Inspiring Presence is pretty easy for most armies to deal with. That Bravery 6 man....urgh...the worst :( 

I'll have to try 10 with Choppas myself I think.

1 minute ago, Leonhart040 said:

I have the meaning of it in my head, and in Spanish, I'll try to explain 9_9 I find Arboys are the blocker of the army. Decent attacks, normal save and bravery. Their main purpose is to lock the opponent and wait for brutes to finish the job. This means they'll die relatively soon (sooner if the shaman screws it), and with no other units besides them to attack it gets hard to do some good damage. An army of mostly ardboys is good for a fist and second turn, but after that it's very hard to win or do something. Not sure if I made a point.

Cool man, I gotcha. Makes sense :) 

Also are you are Final Fantasy VIII fan by chance?

I'm still a lowly grot just assembling his first AOS force, but I haven't read anyone experimenting with dropping 40-50 Ardboys in conjunction with a shaman (~1,000 points) or two as a "module".  Shaman should always have the +2 casting/unbinding bonus; mystic shield on 4, puke on 6, foot on 8.  Know that shaman enthusiasm is low but perhaps they look a bit better with a reliable +2 cast bonus which they can count on with all the Ardboys.

I'm likely to try this at some point as the Start Collecting is such a good deal for the warchanter and Gruntas.  I'm assembling 2 units of WHFB leftover Ardboys already and a couple of SC boxes will give me 50 total.

@Chris Tomlin please paint your piggies as I think a Gorefist might be one of coolest looking forces to drop on a table in the entire game.

4 hours ago, Leonhart040 said:

• Megaboss - Battle Brew
  • Warchanter
  • Warchanter
  • Warchanter
  • Ironfist

Ha! Guess that I wasn't reading closely enough earlier.  I'd like to build towards this or something very similar but substitute 10 more Ardboys for the gruntas.  

15 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Cool man, I gotcha. Makes sense :) 

Also are you are Final Fantasy VIII fan by chance?

Forgot to tell you about choppas :P As I said, I prefer quantity over distance and play aggressively, and with a warchanter's bonus hitting on 2+, 8 rend -1 extra attacks are worth. Give it a try, when the opponent realises all 32 dice hit on 2+, he will sh*it his pants a bit.

And yes, HUGE fan of FFVIII, FF in general and related games :D

16 hours ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

@Chris Tomlin please paint your piggies as I think a Gorefist might be one of coolest looking forces to drop on a table in the entire game.

Hey, yeh I do plan to do this for sure...kinda a personal target for 2017. I'm thinking of doing it for Realms at War 2017, which is a narrative event, so the weaker list is better suited for it.

1 hour ago, Leonhart040 said:

Forgot to tell you about choppas :P As I said, I prefer quantity over distance and play aggressively, and with a warchanter's bonus hitting on 2+, 8 rend -1 extra attacks are worth. Give it a try, when the opponent realises all 32 dice hit on 2+, he will sh*it his pants a bit.

And yes, HUGE fan of FFVIII, FF in general and related games :D

Cool, ok yeh, I think it's worth experimenting with in a 10 for sure. I think the way I play is maybe a little tighter/conservatively at times, so I dunno I'd get the most out of it.

Good work, FFVIII is my fav. I'm also a huge fan of the franchise in general. Currently I've lost my hobby to FFXV! Haha.

Have you played the FF TCG yet? It's a great card game. Anyway, don't want to derail this :P 

I've gone down the route of favouring Ardboyz. Of course, I'm likely going to cover the Battleline requirement with Grots or regular Orruks (or even Savage Orruks) and then stick in the Ardboyz, Brutes, Megaboss, Warchanter, round if off with at least one thing from the menagerie of Monstrous Arcanum monsters (Stompy is the obvious candidate, Goregutz the Troll Hag is a beast too, Dread Maw makes the Stonelord look squishy):

So I rocked up to Rain of Stars with my "mostly Grots" list:

Goregutz the Troll Hag 400
Stompy the Rogue Idol of Gork 480
Char the Magma Dragon 520
Grimjaw the Dread Maw 440
Morejaw the Dread Maw 440
20 Grots (the Green Moon Clan) 120
3 Fanatics 90

The much maligned Weirdnob Shaman is typically better with either Greenskinz or Savage Orruks kicking around (more bodies for that +2 to cast on mystic shield and you care even less if they take mortal wounds) which is massive! That's like having Arkhan the Black casting for you. 

Before the demise of the Greenskinz Battalion (the Greenskinz Big Mob) I was even planning to use the Pigs (Gore Gruntas) as Boarboyz (cooler models).

I'm still likely to use one Pig as an Orruk Warboss on a boar.

While we're on the subject of Pigs, has anyone tried the Braggoths Beast Hammer battalion (half Pigs, half Mournfang)? It is the Destruction bunker buster - with a once per game double pile in mechanic? It's a BCR allegiance battalion by the way.

I was wondering, what if I change 10 ardboys for a Balewind vortex? Doubles the range of the foot of Gork ( 36"!) and downs it's cast value to 7, assuming both units (20 and 10) of ardboys stay at 10" of the shaman. In that case, the army would take a more defensive stand.

A line of 2x10 brutes, both with a warchanter, and a megaboss between, to conquer points, and the other part of the army at the back, defending the shaman.

On 12/28/2016 at 10:56 AM, tolstedt said:

Feel free to laugh or run in fear from the Balefist Gorewind.
(edit:  maybe Balewind Goretex is better)
(edit:  Failwind Goretex)

I'll let you know how it goes.

balewindgorefist.png

And cut off from the bottom of the picture is Balewind Vortex.

To be honest I was thinking of a weirdfist + balewind + ironfist. 

Green puke sniping from your deploy zone to pop heroes in their deploy zone lol

As a whole ironjawz will need to change their tactics in order to fight the arcane shitstorm that will be Tzeentch come end of January. Those of you that hate the shaman better pucker up...well it won't really matter since he can only unbind one spell anyway lol 

An army with the ability to cast one spell a turn vs 20 spells a turn...

On 12/28/2016 at 3:48 AM, Sangfroid said:

@N_Watson love the list this below is one if refined along the same route I've opted for 6 pigs but actually the 15 brutes might be stronger! 

IMG_0603.PNG

I really like the list, especially because I have all the models :D

I look forward to trying out the brute fist. I wonder if on average brute fist > 3rd chanter or not.

Who would be run as the general? I'm going to try the list with the brutes as the general with Bellowing Tyrant. Another adaptation I would try would be the same heroes, but with:

1 x 15 Brutes (Reach)

1 x 10 Brutes (Reach or chopas)

1 x 5 Brutes (Choppas)

1 x 10 Ardboys

1 x 10 Ardboys

2 hours ago, Sangfroid said:

I played a different list last night using a weirdfist as a test game and while the weirdfist was underwhelming (due to shaman dying first turn before I did anything :-) a 15 man "Megabrutes" worked brilliantly 

I'll Whatsapp you on my lunch Kieran

a 15 man "Megabrutes" worked brilliantly 

Good news. I cannot say that I'm surprised. I'm probably the biggest advocate on TGA of don't use MSU for melee armies; and do 75-100% of your melee damage in a single activation. This has served me reasonably well in the past. What drives me up the wall about Ironjawz is how the battalions and particularly the dismal Command Ability on the Megaboss encourages MSU.  

You could make one of the Brutes (the one with 2 extra wounds presumably) into the general and just keep inspiring presence his own unit - give him the +2 to Rampaging Destroyers Command Trait. Watch out for a cheeky Giant Bag Grab or Hand of Dust or Deadly Terrain.

Of course, where you can stack buffs (like Warchanters or even Mystical if you fancy a gamble - probably not one for me given Gordrakk's relationship with Mystical Terrain), having a Deathstar unit is even better. Normally Deathstars are susceptible to being outmaneuvered, but with the huge potential movement of the Brutes, this is less problematic (depending on scenery and who goes first - can they position speed hump units in your path etc.).

What were you playing against?

I played against Sylvaneth gnarlroot formation, ancient (2+ rerolling 1s to save and ignore rend -1), durthu (2+ armour save rerolling 1s) 9 hunters and some other stuff. We were playing gifts of the heavens and he had "planted" his ancient and durthu on my objective, I had placed 8 ardboyz on his in cover (T3 I think) he managed to kill my last Ardboyz T5 after they had hung on for ages against his snooty hunters and revenants. My megabrutes killed durthu in one shot, some scythe hunters and with the Megaboss should have killed his ancient (thus scoring me 5 points T5) but he went and double turned and healed up 6 wounds each turn  which is freak! (12 wounds total) and so survived the game on 6 wounds left. 

Great game, I used Bellowing Tyrant on the Brutes so they were always +1 to hit and then used warchanters (while still alive to make them +2 to offset tree stamps (this didn't matter really as I felled durthu real sharpish)

Tiiiiiiiiiiimbeeeeeeeeer! 

Close game and while I was under the cosh from turn one I crept back into it and a few dice in different way and I could have snuck a victory, which is all I ever want really to be able to compete with a list even if that's not always a win (i.e see a way to HAVE won). 

P.s I see Sylvaneth and particular gnarlroot as one of Ironjawz worst match ups 

1 hour ago, Nico said:

You could make one of the Brutes (the one with 2 extra wounds presumably) into the general and just keep inspiring presence his own unit - give him the +2 to Rampaging Destroyers Command Trait. Watch out for a cheeky Giant Bag Grab or Hand of Dust or Deadly Terrain.

Yeh, as per the podcast and the last page of the this thread, this is what me and @Sangfroid have been discussing/practising with of late.

Gratz on breaking the 1,000 likes!

Kieran, sorry I got embroiled in Compendium nonsense on my lunch break. Will catch up with you this evening mate.

Don't forget that you can take pure ironjawz and select destruction as your alliegance as per the faq. This means if you take an ironfist batallion, you can get 2d6 bonus movements, from the alliegance and from the batallion.  This really addresses the speed deficiency of the ironjawz.  Apologies if this was already pointed out, but my phone isn't loading the forums correctly! 

Archived