Would like your thoughts on this aspect of the Wold Wide Campaign.

So I was poking around facebook to see when Generals Handbook comes out, and came across the discussion.

"The book comes out after it starts as it's a narrative based campaign not matched play which is what the points system is intended for."

" Narrative play still needs comp. when done in events. The WWC has major fluff changes tied to it. If not balance on each side games can become one sided very fast. The outcome of war will be compromised without a solid comp behind it. "

"That's the way narrative is supposed to work . It's meant to tell a story and stories aren't always equal or balanced. If you need a comp to play that's f8ne and dandy and as always up to you the player. But seeing as the campaign is being run by Gw and our stores it's kind of up to them how they want it done. We could just try being grateful that there's a book coming out at all..."

So something as major as the fate of the realms shouldn't have fair and balanced games cause its a narrative campaign.

My thoughts are that just cause it's narrative doesn't mean should be balanced. Why even bother playing for the realms then if not fair or balance.

Just my 2cents

What do y'all think?

From GWs side I'm sure they don't care who wins the WWC. They will have the plot lines either way mapped out and probably have two versions of the next main book ready for print once a victor is decided.

Also they haven't stayed how they wish this WWC to be played. Whether it's narrative or using matched play, I would expect them to say any way you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much want to echo what @The Jabber Tzeentch has mentioned. GW don't care how you play your games in the World Wide Campaign. They don't care if you just use anything you have, a narrative scenarios or hardcore points game, just as long as you are having fun with the way you are choosing how to play. 

I suspect some of those comments off facebook are just somebodies point of view on how to play the games for the event. But the key thing is that it doesn't matter how you play, just as long as you have fun. ;)

Archived