Question for #warhammerdads

6 hours ago, Snoe said:

Nice to hear that most of you got the kids interrsted, looking forward to share the hobby with mine☺️ 

Is fathers day this coming weekend for you guys? In sweden it's the first sunday in november.

Yeah,  Father's Day is the third Sunday of June in the UK. No idea why!

I'll get some extra time in bed in the morning but it'll be very much option one for me (four kids requires two parents on duty). We go and see grandad on Father's Day too, so little time for hobby. 

In terms of getting kids into the hobby, I think I've missed the boat with my eldest. He's all about football and mainstream, terrible chart music. I don't think he's got a nerdy bone in his body. My second one is three and already wants to paint minis before his bedtime story each night, so I may have more success there. We'll have to wait and see with the other two. 

My Son is only 3 months old, so we're still trying to find an acceptable balance.

I tend to paint for a few hours each morning between 6 and 8 as I'm an early bird, but a whole day away gaming is tough to find. I'm sure things will settle down once he gets a bit older though.

I have kids 2 and 4 and it's pretty easy to find a full day or two away a month at this point but it was pretty tough going for the first few years. If you have someone you regularly play and room at your place, it's probably easier to have someone come your way. Not hard to watch the kids in their own environment. For me, I wait till the kids go to sleep, then I get a good 2 hours a night if I want it to paint.  Best of luck with kid. Mine are old enough to roll dice and "have battles" now so the brain washing is underway.

Slept in (until 11!!!), did Daddy IT stuff, went swimming, at at Bear's BBQ, watched Game of Thrones then built some Brutes. Good day!

Day before I went to the LGS and played some X-Wing and Silver Tower.

Archived