New Slaves to Darkness Army

Slaves2darkness

Hello!

I am brand new to Age of Sigmar and have assembled/painted a new Slaves to Darkness army (looking for a pure StD army)  Is my current list viable for a 1500 point(ish) game?  Am I allowed to use the hellcannon with Slaves to Darkness and retain the allegiance? I may eventually graduate to 2000 points so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Chaos Lord on Manticore-250

Chaos Sorcerer Lord- 160

Chaos Warriors (15)- 270

Chaos Warriors (15)- 270

Chaos Knights (5)- 160

Gorebeast Chariot- 100

Hellcannon-300

Total-1510

Howdy! Slaves to Darkness is what lured me into AoS, so good choice.

You're allowed 20% of your army to count as allies and  still retain your allegience, so yes, you can take the hellcannon.

List looks like a decent force for some good games! Chaos Warriors are remarkably good objective holders, and have served me well in many a game. StD aren't partcularly strong by themselves in a more competitive game, though, as there's sometimes a distinct lack of damage output.

Hello and welcome to the forums!

As AlphaKennyThing said, at 1500 points you've got 300 points to spend on allies so you can run a Hellcannon without losing the Slaves to Darkness allegiance.  We don't see too many Hellcannons on the battlefield any more as they're what's termed a "compendium" unit, which is the term used to describe most units that Games Workshop no longer produces.

Hello,

Thank you for the responses. I’m looking towards my final 2k list of pure slaves to darkness. Might not be the best competitively (I just play with friends). Let me know if you guys have thoughts! 

Chaos Lord on Manticore-250

Chaos Sorcerer Lord- 160

Lord on Daemonic Mount- 140

Exalted Hero of Chaos- 80

Chaos Chosen (5)- 140

Chaos Chosen (5)- 140

Chaos Warriors (15)- 270

Chaos Warriors (15)- 270

Chaos Knights (5)- 160

Gorebeast Chariot- 100

Hellcannon-300

Total-2010

Might run a unit of 20 chaos warriors and then a unit of 10 instead of 2, 15man units.   You get re-rolls of one I think if the unit has 20 or more.  I personally havent had much luck with the exalted hero of chaos.  Might switch him out with a chaos spawn or something to keep your points under 2000.

• 1 month later...

@Slaves2darkness & @Snakeb1te, No you can't retain the StD allegiance. The way it works you can take a certain amount of points as allies. (it's not set for 1,5K but it's 20% for 1K and 2K so 300pt is reasonable). 

But that's not the only restriction. They also need one of the keywords that is specified in the GHB at the bottom of the point listing per faction. For StD this is:

5a4f64f987433_ScreenShot2018-01-05at12_39_58.png.123c50db7d9028da47ef3f0c95304387.png

The keywords of the Hellcannon are: CHOAS, DAEMON, WAR MACHINE, HELLCANNON & CHAOS, DUARDIN, CREW. 

So if you include the Hellcannon. You can't use them as an ally. So you go looking for the keyword that your whole army contains. In this case CHAOS.

Hope this helps. 

Archived