Painted Shadespire Warbands - Please post

Zlatan

Finally finished painting my last Shadespire warband - Ironskull's Boyz today.

Please find them all below. I would very much appreciate any tips or comments, as I always try to improve and being somewhat a beginning painter I try to learn as much as I can :).

Thanks!

DSC_1851-01.jpeg

DSC_1856-01.jpeg

DSC_1859-01.jpeg

DSC_1861-01.jpeg

• Like 4

... elves are back in town B|

KhaineGesamt.JPG.002e031662e80512ab1c87dc6af87608.JPG

I really liked to play elves in shadespire but I'm no fan of selfmade rules ... and I'm no fan of '90-power-metal-looking babarians as well. So I decided to create a "count as" proxie warband. I'm quite happy with the result, because imho the fluff and play style is fitting very good, the models are easy to associate and I found nice artworks to create my own cards. Tomorrow they get their first chance to taste some blood ...

5a7f81849a6b4_NariethBlutfeuer.jpg.d74096552713e225bb41cc1ef6fcfdce.jpgRakhon.jpg.2e5f59c3d67fcf19881dd2b024a5db6f.jpgHarkon.jpg.8e95f509abef0bba7a497175f633a0a8.jpgSaeryn.jpg.14907597f2d2f76ea46d9c29b3ef371a.jpgKaleth.jpg.d2ef3c7bb25857aae3311ab542436df5.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

On 10.02.2018 at 8:53 PM, PlayerJ said:

My Steelheart's Champions with Chrome armour

IMG_20180210_115037.jpg

IMG_20180210_115025.jpg

IMG_20180210_114949.jpg

IMG_20180210_115003.jpg

How did you achieve that bright, glassy/glossy silver? Doesn't look like NMM to me. 

Edit: Had a closer look... They look as if they're wearing this wet, liquid silver that T-1000 from Terminator was made of. Absolutely amazing effect!

Edited by Samanar
  • Like 1

IMG_1758IMG_1779

Finally I have something to post although I'm rather ticked off about the finish. Fairly new to painting (less than a year) & starting to get the hang of wet blending only to have Purity Seal completely void the effect, oh well lesson learned. Does anyone have a good alternative for a matt sealer, hard to see but there is a "frosted" look

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, spazz said:

Finally I have something to post although I'm rather ticked off about the finish. Fairly new to painting (less than a year) & starting to get the hang of wet blending only to have Purity Seal completely void the effect, oh well lesson learned. Does anyone have a good alternative for a matt sealer, hard to see but there is a "frosted" look

The frosting of death... Let me start by saying it's not normal, and it shouldn't be happening.

Several things can cause the purity seal frosting. The most common reason is if it's too humid or too cold.
Too humid and the spray will catch water particles on it's way to the model. This will cause the spray to apply uneven, causing the frosted effect.
Too cold and the a few particles will kinda freeze causing the same effect.

If you can help it. spray in a heated workshed or similar.

If you consider the models ruined, you can take your chances and actually apply ANOTHER spray of purity seal. With a little luck it'll fill out the uneven previous layer and the frosting can actually disappear.

• Like 1

Uggh frosting is the worst.

I've given up on anything but Testor's Dullcote at this point.  Its seems to be alcohol based and I've never had it frost (and I'm in a very damp area by the ocean), every other matte spray has been hit or miss.  And whatever you do don't try to apply matte varnish with an airbrush.  yikes!

Goblin_king is right that adding more sometimes helps.  Be sure to wait for a nice dry time to try it though.  I've even gotten a cheap digital humidity meter from Amazon to check.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, donburg said:

Uggh frosting is the worst.

I've given up on anything but Testor's Dullcote at this point.  Its seems to be alcohol based and I've never had it frost (and I'm in a very damp area by the ocean), every other matte spray has been hit or miss.  And whatever you do don't try to apply matte varnish with an airbrush.  yikes!

Goblin_king is right that adding more sometimes helps.  Be sure to wait for a nice dry time to try it though.  I've even gotten a cheap digital humidity meter from Amazon to check.

100% I ONLY use Dullcote.

• Like 1

If you have frosting, you can rub your model with olive oil to take off the frosting (clean them under warm water afterward) and try varnishing again.

I find that airbrush is the best for varnishing, but you need the right product, vallejo premium airbrush varnish for me and nothing else :)

Anamnesis

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kugane said:

What paint did you use for gold btw? I quite like the very yellow tone of it!^^ Its inspiring me to do my own version of Jade fyreslayers haha.

It’s Retributer Armour, washed with reikland, then retributer again, liberator as a area highlight and stormhost silver edged. I then went back and pin washed some recesses with the purple GW wash.

Finished Vol Orrukbane this afternoon, so halfway there.

0608C11D-C40F-4B78-8E37-B0AAE5060FE4.jpeg

F98D0A06-3D70-457A-95C2-5231F4E153D5.jpeg

4DEC57FB-9E4E-4C09-AD26-5D2D2AED5F7B.jpeg

AA8D3090-C479-412C-B7F5-8AD490476C32.jpeg

B9C2CCE7-69C6-47A3-ADBA-0FB76E1128D3.jpeg

• Like 6