Painted Shadespire Warbands - Please post

Zlatan

8 hours ago, Goblin-King said:

@tom_gore - Silver armor, gold trims, white fabric: Good taste my friend... good taste...

Thanks! Wanted to avoid using blue for these (for reasons) and just came up with the bright silver-white idea. Gold trims came sort of naturally considering the original colour scheme.

Hi all, my 1st post here.  Painted this up last weekend, played a few games already, altered my deck.

N1SB Shadespire.jpg

The technique I used will be familiar to those that experimented with Japanese paints and Warmachine players, it's a speed paint job with metallic spray and then washed in Tamiya Smoke.  Then Vallejo paints and GW inks for the matt portions, like the scrolls and leathers, etc.

Edited by N1SB
  • Like 2

I finished up the orruks, and I guess that's the end of my Shadespire painting adventure for the time being.  I've never been a huge fan of the GW orc design look, so for me at least these were  the least interesting models in the range, the boss is pretty good, but the other three are kinda static and samey,  but,  regardless, I do appreciate their face-smashing play-style, so I'm looking fowards to getting them on the board at some point!

DSCN0618.JPG.b637b43e1a6322dc73dcab9f23cecc06.JPGDSCN0619.JPG.b29c10c802f648a0c2a347d7e7eaa6be.JPGDSCN0620.JPG.2172934b69ed1684734f52633e3b1ea2.JPGDSCN0621.JPG.bdaa20abd9c3dcd8f44a0fbd54f8b609.JPGDSCN0622.JPG.76750377edbba57b3c1fd7a678b4bbd0.JPGDSCN0623.JPG.b6ed27949f6e30bde38acf6a242f0787.JPG

• Like 2

Chose a non-standard color scheme. I've managed to pick up a few Stormcasts without realizing it (between Warhammer Quest & the AoS start box), and thought it would be fun to try a custom Stormhost/color scheme. I also have a Knight Questor painted in the same scheme (so far).

The Stormhost is tentatively "The Order of Sigmar's Temple". They are tasked with recovering Sigmar's holy sites across the Mortal Realms, guarding those holy sites, and protecting pilgrims that travel between those holy sites. They are made up of those heroes who fell defending holy sites throughout the realms during the Age of Chaos.

1516895939205.jpg

• Like 6