Painted Shadespire Warbands - Please post

Zlatan

21 minutes ago, Goblin-King said:

Oh man! I finally got something to post in this thread!
Bought the game on release and been slaving away since then... I'm a slow painter...

23751116264011222.png

61821172202551602.png

22167172142220126.png

(I really hope someone gives me a lightbox for Christmas! )

Love the flame effects. How were they done?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mumperpa said:

Love the flame effects. How were they done?

The weapons themselves are wet blending ranging from red --> orange --> yellow --> yellow+white.
Then all the ornaments and bolts were given a lineup with red + Lahmian medium.
The light the weapons cast on the warriors are simply very fine drybrushing with the middle orange color - and an even gentler drybrush finish with the yellow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Goblin-King said:

Oh man! I finally got something to post in this thread!
Bought the game on release and been slaving away since then... I'm a slow painter...

23751116264011222.png

61821172202551602.png

22167172142220126.png

(I really hope someone gives me a lightbox for Christmas! )

These are two very nice schemes! Love the khorne weapons and osl with the eyes, and their skin tone. Stormcast are excellent looking with just silver, gold, white and leather. +1 for autumn leaves club. Best club to be in!

• Like 2

I finished up my Khorneboyz as well, nothing too special, I just kinda slapdashed them cos I've been playing a lot of Shadespire lately and it was annoying me to have the stormcast all painted and the other team just primed, plus I've already painted a bunch of bloodreavers for Warhammer Quest, and whilst I don't have anything against shirtless, leather-bound men I don't find them hugely exciting to paint, even though the sculpts for Garrek's Reavers are notably excellent.

DSCN0609.JPG.95956dbdd6392d7686c17d46697e8ef9.JPG

DSCN0610.JPG.ed2ec98015619bfc47b5988f4f2b9de0.JPG

I also got the Sepulchral Guard box for my Bday, already glued them up and played a few little test games, looking forwards to painting up them skellies.

• Like 5

Only took me just over a month, but since I finished Steelhearts Champions today figure nows a good a time as any to post up my warbands.

GarreksReavers.jpg.fc215ba95d5634a944376dca4de08109.jpg

SteelheartsChampions.jpg.df09ea97aeedcc2bacf3036c27487ae9.jpg

The Bloodreavers were really fun to paint honestly. Each Reaver has a different skin recipe which is definitely something I wouldn't be doing working on an entire army. The only thing I'm unsure about is the black helmet on Arnulf, doesn't quite seem to work and thinking I should've stuck with the red on that one.

My favourite is definitely Targor though, just love his pose and he was the first one I completed. Runner up would be Saek since I enjoyed blending the skull masks back into the black and think it came out really well.

Steelhearts I kinda smashed out in the last day or two. Really needed to get them off my painting desk so I can refocus on getting my Free Peoples army ready for a tournament in a month. 

Edited by someone2040
  • Like 7

30 minutes ago, Kramer said:

You are also a very accomplished painter, well done mate! the glow on the reavers especially is very cool! 

Thank you :D And thanks for the nice feedback from everyone else as well.

1 hour ago, someone2040 said:

The only thing I'm unsure about is the black helmet on Arnulf, doesn't quite seem to work and thinking I should've stuck with the red on that one.

Great looking warbands mate! The skintones on the Reavers look really good.
I can see what you mean about the black helmet. The red armor is really the only things that "pop" from this color scheme.
The head/face is always a focuspoint and the red would have helped here.
That being said... The black helmet sticks with the color scheme and the colors on the model is nicely tied together, so it's certainly not a big deal. 

On 12/28/2017 at 1:46 AM, Requizen said:

Here's a WIP model for my Guard, what do you think about the color scheme?

JKJYmTu.jpg

Since you are asking... 

The scheme could work, but I kinda feel like you got these separate elements that really doesn't tie together. Purple space skeleton, magic green sword and old rusty shield.
It would be nice if one of the elements were repeated somehow. Perhaps give the skeleton green glowing eyes like the sword?

8 hours ago, Goblin-King said:

Since you are asking... 

The scheme could work, but I kinda feel like you got these separate elements that really doesn't tie together. Purple space skeleton, magic green sword and old rusty shield.
It would be nice if one of the elements were repeated somehow. Perhaps give the skeleton green glowing eyes like the sword?

Maybe. Was more going ghostly than space but I guess it turned out that way. Dunno how to make the eyes green, never really learned OSL. 

What if the Sword was the same rusty color as the shield? I kinda like the eco glow but maybe it doesn't fit. 

Awesome work everyone, really fun to see everyone's take on these fantastic models and some really inspiring warbands in this thread! (I might do my Sepulchral Guard with glowing eyes too now. They look so cool! @Turragor)

Here are my Garrek's Reavers. I went for a fairly standard paint scheme but made new bases for them to suit their dynamic poses (leaping off rocks).

image.jpeg.209b7961b100cdc6f24fe99892799196.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, bottle said:

Awesome work everyone, really fun to see everyone's take on these fantastic models and some really inspiring warbands in this thread! (I might do my Sepulchral Guard with glowing eyes too now. They look so cool! @Turragor)

Here are my Garrek's Reavers. I went for a fairly standard paint scheme but made new bases for them to suit their dynamic poses (leaping off rocks).

image.jpeg.209b7961b100cdc6f24fe99892799196.jpeg

Thank you! I'll be doing all undead with glowing eyes now (when the time comes to do a death army).

Love your models. Snow is a great contrast to normal khorne colours! 

On 12/30/2017 at 2:13 AM, Requizen said:

Maybe. Was more going ghostly than space but I guess it turned out that way. Dunno how to make the eyes green, never really learned OSL. 

What if the Sword was the same rusty color as the shield? I kinda like the eco glow but maybe it doesn't fit. 

Can't do OSL? Excellent time to try it out. I know it's easy for me to say, but it's REALLY not *that* hard.
Rusty swords would tie in nicely with the rusty shields.
BUT... It's your minis. Listen to advice, but always do what you feel is right for you. It's like music. Just because I like Ironmaiden doesn't mean it's right for you ;)

@ Panikspreder - Welcome buddy B|

@ Bottle - Your reavers look gorgeous. Nothing wrong with a "standard" paint scheme :)
What did you use for snow?

1 hour ago, Lucentia said:

Had a good time painting up the rusty bits, I've never done that before.

These textured grave-earth bases aren't as much fun as the more detailed Stormcast/Bloodbound Shadespire bases though.

Rust is extremely fun to paint!
Actually after the Stormcast I find all the bases to be a bit standard/letdown - Even the Reavers

Making the jump from lurking to posting with my first two warbands :)

Painted up the SE and Skellies. The Stormcast are supposed to have a colour-shifted celestial vindicators scheme (teal to green and red to pink). Not happy with the gold, I'm having trouble with ink-shading the Vallejo liquid metal paints. 

Skellies are ethereal (therefore easier to paint) except for the warden, who I thought would make a good undead chaos warrior with just a little kit-bashing. The helmet is a *little* big, what with the Chaos Warrior kit being a pre-digital, heroic sculpt style, but it doesn't bother me too much. 

(Colours may be off due to using two different coloured bulb lamps as makeshift lightbox)

20180103_174340.jpg

20180103_174500.jpg

20180103_174650.jpg

• Like 10