Painted Shadespire Warbands - Please post

Zlatan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stormsire's Cursebrekers

Cursebreakers.jpg.8f8e2080d717be9f55a2e92c055c7677.jpg

Not 100% satisfied with them considering time spent. But at least they're done. All metallics (including turquoise armor) are made with Contrast paints on top of silver.

Edit: This forum scales these too small tbh. A closeup of Stormsire:

Stormsire.jpg.b0e173e4b6da4becd57bf8ae6aa2f782.jpg

Edited by Weazel
  • Like 7

On 8/17/2019 at 3:44 AM, Lior'Lec said:

@KoganStyle what colors did you use to get the grey with purple skin tones on your Ironskulls? Because I’m attempting the same kinda washed out look on my Irongolems and while yours look “ woo hoo!”, mine looks more “donkey doo!”.

Hey sorry I've been on holiday! Ok so its tough to remember the exact recipe since they were done so long ago but to my best recollection:

Black Undercoat

Codex Grey/Bleached bone 50/50 base

Druchii Violet shade 

More grey/bone as a highlight, adding in more bone depending on the skin tone desired. 

Final hightlight (very minor) - dead white

Cool, thanks @KoganStyle, I finally got mine serviceable but it ended up with 4 or 5 highlight layers before it started looking half decent. And then I decided I hated the paint scheme so I stripped them and started over. I’d originally used Grey Seer, Druchi, and a Grey Seer-Wytch Flesh mix for mine but this time I’m trying a few different tones and will use yours as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Slayers (not Fyreslayers) WIP. These are roughly base coated and have a lot more work ahead of them. 

I've always liked the aesthetic of "slayers", but not so much fyreslayers. I got Chosen Axes and painted them up, but they just didn't look super cool, just ok to me. When the plastic Gotrek model came out I loved the model so I wanted to figure out how to incorporate him into Underworlds in a way that made sense aesthetically. My original thought was to use his model as a stand in for Mollog, but I couldn't really figure out a good alternate for the 3 squig models. So I looked more into slayer models and found the ultra cool plastic Grombrindal model. At that point I knew I had to make an alternate Chosen Axes warband with slayers. Fjul Grimnir and Tefk were going to be easy as their models were already Slayers. Mad Maegrim and Vol I had to convert though. I replaced their helmets with bare dwarf heads and mohawks, shaved off all the runes embedded in the skin, and gave them a set of blue jeans.  they turned out really cool I think. I hope those die hard Chosen Axe players out there can appreciate it. I'l be sure to post more pics when they are complete. 

Fjul Grimnir base coat.jpg

Tefk base coat.jpg

Mad Maegrim base coat.jpg

Vol base coat.jpg

Teft and Vol.jpg

Teft back.jpg

Mad Maegrim side.jpg

Vol back base coat.jpg

• Like 4